Sign in to follow this  
RoomyKestrel235

MU-2 Thoughts

Haven't checked yet today but as of last night MS was still in active talks with Mitsubishi. It will be released - it's just getting the paperwork in order. The product will not be abandoned. Not sure if they will release when ready, or if they will cycle it to a scheduled date (at this point, November would be next as the October LL was announced). 

Edited by STK

Yes!!! Mu-2 was one of my 2 favorite in p3d. Fast high wing and able to enjoy the scenery. Is Flysimware making this aircraft? 
Ok just say MS is making this one…

Edited by reecemj

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

12 minutes ago, reecemj said:

Yes!!! Mu-2 was one of my 2 favorite in p3d. Fast high wing and able to enjoy the scenery. Is Flysimware making this aircraft? 
Ok just say MS is making this one…

The aircraft was made by inibuilds for MS/Asobo. 

• Like 1

mentioned in the Q&A yesterday that they still haven't gotten licensing approval from Mitsubishi, so they can't release it.

Edited by Tuskin38

3 hours ago, RoomyKestrel235 said:

But as long as they get the sounds right I'm good.

Shouldn’t be too hard. Just record a swarm of angry hornets trapped inside an industrial vacuum cleaner and adjust the volume to just shy of the threshold of pain 😂

Edited by snglecoil
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Chris

Seems odd from Microsofts point of view to to spend time/resources = money on a project you need permission from the manufacture before release and you haven't got it..  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, davenicoll said:

Seems odd from Microsofts point of view to to spend time/resources = money on a project you need permission from the manufacture before release and you haven't got it..  

Possibly what they meant is that they needed it signed off (i.e. final approval) before release rather than that they'd created it without getting an initial go-ahead?

• Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Yeah licensing can take ages depending on the real world counterpart as its a contract negotiation.

But beside all this license blabla I'm really more curious if we get a real Garrett/Honeywell engine simulation with the special characteristics of the single shaft vs dual shaft. The Garrett is no PT6 and especially the startup is quite different. But my hopes aren't that high cause the TP sim engine even for the basics is lets call it mildly not the best.

We will for sure know sooner or later...

Cheers T.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Possibly what they meant is that they needed it signed off (i.e. final approval) before release rather than that they'd created it without getting an initial go-ahead

Thank you 109...that makes sense...

Just my theory, but with them being a France-based company, sometimes Asobo's intended messages get partially lost in translation, so I was thinking that could be what happened here. 

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

21 hours ago, snglecoil said:

Shouldn’t be too hard. Just record a swarm of angry hornets trapped inside an industrial vacuum cleaner and adjust the volume to just shy of the threshold of pain

And by this you quite clearly meant to say, "the sweet music that is a turboprop" 😀

I can also listen quite readily to hours and hours of the sounds that come from the Bell 206. There may be something wrong with me....

ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270, i7-7700K OC@4.8, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, VKBSim Gladiator joystick, CH Pro pedals, Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gaming Keypad, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB (main drive/sim drive), WD Black 1TB HDD

there's nothing better than the loading screen music. bing bing BONG bing bing BONG

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 9/29/2023 at 7:42 AM, davenicoll said:

Licensing usually includes review/feedback on the final product before the licensing agreement can be fully finalized.

It can vary quite a lot, sometimes they will have a lot of feedback, down to nitpicking, other times it's easier and they just do a quick review and that's it.