Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

SWS PC12, Black Square Duke and TBM 850, embarrassing choice

I would love for someone to explain what it is they love about the PC12.

I cant see anything out of that plane. I cant stand that. Drives me mad.

Ron

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

I don't know about anyone else but the PC12 at this point needs a glass rendition in MSFS.  I just looked and the screenshots of the glass version of the PC12 is amazing.🍺

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

14 minutes ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

Ron

Try it in VR, it'll change your mind.😏  Either that or find someone that'll let you sit in the cockpit with the gauges lit up.

If your really lucking go flying in one and experience it's short field takeoff and landing.

FS2020 

2 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

I'm the same, although even more awkward and it must do FL400+ and not have a prop..... Was considering a couple of them, but going over my flight log it would be money wasted.

That said, for those that appreciate them it's a great selection of aircraft incoming.....

G

I fully agree.  At this point we need a Gulfstream, Global Express, or something in that vain outside of the PMDJ BBJ.  These short range GA offerings are getting a little long in the tooth...:ph34r:😎 

• Upvote 1

FS2020 

9 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I fully agree.  At this point we need a Gulfstream, Global Express, or something in that vain outside of the PMDJ BBJ.  These short range GA offerings are getting a little long in the tooth...:ph34r:😎 

Yes! I would pay silly money for a high fidelity Global 8000...cruising at Mach .92

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OuterMarker said:

Yes! I would pay silly money for a high fidelity Global 8000...cruising at Mach .92

I forgot to put this important detail in my statement above, 'High Fidelity'.🍺

FS2020 

48 minutes ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

The PC12 is not for everyone, it is an airplane deigned to be a workhorse in difficult terrain, mountainous regions or very short field operation in remote areas, otherwise if you only fly from one airport to another, it is not really outstanding although it has a respectable market share as a business airplane. Being a Swiss I feel compelled to buy it, since I like flying precisely in this sort of challenging environment, and this is where it shines. Now I decided for one of them, what next? Another twin with the Duke, or another turbine different to the PC12, choices, choices!

• Like 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

40 minutes ago, Dillon said:

We have not one but two. The CJ4 and the C700 Longitude. Both Biz Jets.  Both Hi-Fidelity. How many do you really need?

-B

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm thinking I will go with the TBM, but that's because I'm a huge Steveo1kinevo fan and would love to recreate some of his flights. I enjoy the 930 that is in the sim, but I'm hopeful this will keep me intrigued in the TBM a bit longer.

• Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

Certainly the PC12 from SWS. Love their Kodiak and Zenith so I've been looking forward to this.  I have the Carenado PC12 and had nothing but problems with batteries, performance and even after it was patched I barely flew it out of spite for Carenado for doing that.

The other planes are just as appealing. So...maybe all of them haha

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

22 minutes ago, btacon said:

We have not one but two. The CJ4 and the C700 Longitude. Both Biz Jets.  Both Hi-Fidelity. How many do you really need?

-B

The Logitude is quite nice but the CJ4 is in an entirely different category than a Gulfstream or the GLEX family of aircraft.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, btacon said:

-B

Long range though... Falcon 8X, Global, Gulfstream, etc.  The Longitude is very very good.  It fills the need for most corporate jets I'd say.  It's reasonably fast.  But something in the .90 category and long range is what I'd love.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, btacon said:

-B

As a bizjet nut I still need...

390 Premiere 

Cessna 560XL

Hawker 800XP

FA50 EX

Phenom 100/300

Pretty much the rest of Carenado's old jet catalogue for MSFS

FA50 EX

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, btacon said:

-B

Neither of which do the job of a Gulfstream or Global Express. The only truly long range bizjet we have is the BBJ...

... it's like saying why do we need another TBM or even a PC12, we already have a TBM.

G

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron