Sign in to follow this  
polosim

BMWorld & AmSim San Diego Airport KSAN released

Bought KSAN, and preliminary reports  I would say they definitely did a nice job with KSAN,  on my cpu with my specs. and setting mostly on high to Utlra, see my specs below, and with PMDG 737-800  my frames were steadily around 30, with TLOD running at 150.  When I bumped up TLOD to 300 frames went down to low 20's.  The main issue about performance, definitely a smooth enjoyable ride!! I also had FS Traffic running and had flights landing and taking off at prime times, with lots of traffic.  Compared to their other products which I also own, CYUL, KOAK, KPHX, this airport is a definite Winner, and once again butter smooth performance!!

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

running DX11

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

I stopped buying from BMW Amsim.  There is a reason they can get these sceneries out so fast.  It's because a lot is inaccurate or blatantly wrong in many areas of the airport. 

I'll just give you one example from PHX and 2 from SEA.  Seattle is truly their worst scenery.  

In Phoenix the connector between terminal 4D old and 4D new. You say what's wrong with that? Looks good to me.

spacer.png

Well it actually looks like this. It has a slight  ramp with big picture windows and as you can see the colors are wayyyy off.  This is my own picture from a few months ago I sent to them.

spacer.png

And you say one little thing, no big deal, but I sent them a list of 30+ items in an e-mail and 5 of them got fixed, and 3 of them were implemented half... you know what.

Then in Seattle, you say, okay it's not highly detailed but it's ok.

spacer.png

But when you look at the real picture I took last week, there are a lot of glaring omissions.  The top turquoise part of the glass is not there, then center beam that holds up the top passage is missing, gate A5 is not there, its missing two ramps and stairways, the ground markings are abysmally absent, the iconic red gate signs are missing, The ramp lights are too short and too small, the customs building (the tall one) has window louvres on the left hand side but are absent from the scenery.  

spacer.png

Here is the famous south satellite bridge in BMW/AMSIM KSEA scenery.  Looks fine to me right?

spacer.png

Well here is the real world picture.  As you can see again, they completely missed a gate A11, but .... you can see it marked incorrectly on the ground that should be gate A10 and there is no gate A11.  They don't give you many ground markings but they ones they do should be correct.  The bridge is modeled wrong.  The supports base is too far out. The windows at gate A12 are wrong, No iconic red A12 gate sign. This is what I'm talking about in all 5 sceneries I own buy them it's just so many little things wrong.  

spacer.png

In these last two images you see that the DELTA hangar should have a logo on the north side,  it does not,  you can see the light rail should be elevated and the parking garage should be lower while the hotel should be higher but unfortunately the elevation issues were never fully fleshed out.  Now to be fair, the reason I am so down on these guys is because I showed them all of this with, these pictures and they said oh, okay we will fix it we have the best customer service,  5 things were fixed in phoenix and they have done NOTHING to improve Seattle in over a year while they continue to pump out large scale sceneries every month.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

It might be the best Seattle and Phoneix but that's because they are the only ones.  If you think it looks better than LatinVFR buy it, but know BMW Amsim are masters of hiding flaws in their product screen shots. 

Edited by aniiran
grammar
  • Like 4

I tried to buy this since it looks like from the screenshots they did do considerably better than all previous attempts. I checked my current photos of SAN and it does look like they did a much better job.  I see somethings I'm not happy with in the screenshots but want to confirm with the actual product.

I was able to buy it but now it doesn't install. It just installs a folder with a readme.  I'll try a few things. 

I figured it out, they spelled community with 3 Ms So it doesn't link properly.

spacer.png

Edited by aniiran

3 hours ago, aniiran said:

I stopped buying from BMW Amsim.  There is a reason they can get these sceneries out so fast.  It's because a lot is inaccurate or blatantly wrong in many areas of the airport. 

I get what you are saying, especially if you sent them all of the feedback.  You can pick out incorrect things in all 3rd-party airports but I don't think most of the issues are deal killers. Airports are constantly going through changes anyway so most will never be up to date.  I just got their KSEA on sale on Marketplace but have not checked it out yet.  I had held off due to the reports of performance issues.  KSAN is pretty good IMO.  I have not flown in there IRL since before the new terminal construction but overall I think it is well done.  I'd like to see maybe more custom buildings along Pacific Highway to eliminate some of the melted Photogrammetry issues.  I also wish they had added some custom buildings in the downtown area like LVFR did but maybe Samscene will have to come in and redo it...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Here is the review nones of people asked for.

It's certainly their best offering to date.

No love for gate 5, incorrect lighting posts, they should have 2 lights with a red light in the center.  Looks pretty good.

spacer.png

Interiors look pretty good, why no seats tho?  I'm not sure that would have broke the FPS bank.

spacer.png

I don't believe Southwest is at this gate, but the ground markings and interior look better than the Southwest terminal.  They put seats in here.  

spacer.png

Pretty low effort over here, textures are not great.

spacer.png

They spent a lot of effort on this wing.  The interior looks nice and convincing from the plane. I seem to recall more placards and details but overall pretty goodspacer.png

Nicely done.

spacer.png

good job here too. much better than the similar area at Sea Tac.  

spacer.png

But then for gate 48 thru 50 it was like... effort spent. no more effort.

spacer.png

Admin building construction is depicted.

spacer.png

Nothing really to say.

spacer.png

Signature is okay,  I'm not sure why they went with black windows and such dark colors. Cargo area is a bit lazy.

spacer.png

GUARDIANS OF THE SOUTHWESTG!  Gaurdians of the Southwest, G?  looks fine but how about some QA testing?  The helicopter models are nice.  No CG seal on the hangar to the left.  

spacer.png

How much longer would it have taken to overlay the models on the actual docks in the photo?  And why did they need an ugly mask over the water. Looks like that on both sides.

spacer.png

It's nice that they did North Island

spacer.png

AI traffic is screwy for me, need to investigate.  I had no issues with LVFR KSAN. The airplane taxiied down the runway, turned around in the middle of the runway, did some off roading came back on and took off.

spacer.png

Here is a United 757 that left the gate went out to the runway then taxiied down it, then ultimately went to the 27 end as a plane landed on the 09 end.... yeah not sure what's going on with AI.  They also seem to be switching sides of the runway randomly and then never going to the end they just flip a U turn in the middle of the runway. Performance is about average for a similar scenario on my machine. 

spacer.png

Ground markings and ground effects are pretty lack luster in all of their sceneries. 

spacer.png

It's just ok for 20 bucks.  If you don't love KSAN or need it then I'd just wait until it goes on sale for a massive discount.  Case in point I just picked up their CYUL for $9 since CYUL isn't even an airport I care about, just cool to have.  Their rendition is good enough.  KSAN is one of those airports that's been made over 4 times by different developers so I'd expect a better developer to come along soon and do KSAN justice.  

Edited by aniiran
  • Like 3

I can understand u not being satisfied with their airports, definitely not like FS Dreamteam,Flytampa, or flightbeam, but it seems u are really bashing these guys, nothing is perfect in this world,  Hopefully they take care of these issues  My main concern when I buy an airport from a developer is PERFORMANCE, and the big 3 as mentioned before are the best!!!   I want a smooth perforamnce Okay u might get a stutter or 2 when taxing, but thats fine and that's it.

KSEA on my specs and settings runs fine, KPHX, stutter city, CYUL and KOAK run fine,  KSAN seems fine as well for me.  I know people luv the eye candy, but I do fully understand ur complaints, be correct and just don't ship out and make sales.  If I read this points u mentioned, I would  never eve r would have bought any of their airports, but I am personally satisfied, at least they r not like inibuilds, who puts out KJFK, and its a complete SLIDESHOW.

Concluding, its definitely better that Latin VFR edition, and I am a happy with my purchase with KSAN.

One other point, I had the same problems installing, when I checked my FS2020 folder, and it spelled Community folder with an extra M . luckly I caught it, and u as well.

aniiran, how is performance on ur setup, and what are ur specs?  do u get a smooth ride ?  With my specs and settings performance is fine!

2 hours ago, Sunshine13 said:

One other point, I had the same problems installing, when I checked my FS2020 folder, and it spelled Community folder with an extra M .

If you used Orbx Central to install the airport, this problem is now resolved and there are once more only two "m"s.

Just to add a balancing opinion - I am more than happy with the BMW products, including all the ones mentioned above. I've bought pretty much all of them since the early days of the "one fee - multiple airports" approach before all the problems with receiving payments etc, and have never had any issues.

It may well be that some of the stuff is not absolutely 100% accurate, but some of the details being pointed out here are in the "wrong colour doorknobs" category as far as I'm personally concerned. I'm a big scenery hound - over 700 payware packages plus probably even more shareware - and I look for a realistic feel, not necessarily an absolute reproduction. I have the KSAN, for example, and the fact that not all the terminal interiors are modelled is not an issue for me. The parts that are are nicely done. It would be nice if the whole thing were done but there is at least one nice interior where I can greb screenies.

And I've always found Alexey very helpful. I have a minor issue with KSAN clashing with the Supercarrier product and Alexey is being very helpful and accomodating trying to fix the issue (which is probably more correctly a Miltech issue).

By comparison, I'm a bit underwhelmed with what I've seen of FlyTampa's EHAM, although I'll probably end up buying it. For me, some of the "big names" are trading on their history a little bit.

All just my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

To add yet another opinion, I think BMotW trades off the goodwill Alexey generated with the very cheap subscription model he originally used for gaining recognition.

I bought his LIPZ which had terrible performance and non-functioning jetways.

There's a reason why AmSim and BMotW can pump out so many sceneries in such a short amount of time.
Across a scenery, their texturing varies from good to poor, there are rushed or missing elements and attention to detail is only sometimes present.

No doubt this KSAN is better than the LVFR version I own. Though as someone who doesn't often fly into KSAN, there's nothing screaming 'must buy'.

That said, like the saying goes: 'Opinions are like a******s, everyone's got one' and this one is mine.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

My point is that if they slowed down just a little bit and took some time to research the airports and did a little QA they could do great things.  But they don't.  Even if they just used Google Earth and did some Google image searches they could have done everything correctly that was mentioned.  I bought the BMW subscription and was happy with it.  I was very happy once Alexey learned how to animate the gates.  I really enjoyed LICC.  Asmsim I have only bought one scenery from LIEE because the rest look like something out of fs9.  Amsim may be the x factor. 

It is better than LVFR. 

At then end of the day they are making money. 

So no one else is having wacky ai?  I have scoured my community and all linked folders for an interfering file and I still have airplanes taxing down the runway while planes land from different directions even if the wind isn't calm.

My performance is fine.  About the same as every major airport with fsltl running.  Flstl really shocks my system.  It's a horrible performance sacrifice for me.

9700kf and rtx 2070 super 32gb ram.

On 10/10/2023 at 3:41 AM, aniiran said:

You can compare it to Amsterdam, which FlyTampa did for a very long time. 

There are just some plain boxes with low-res textures made of Google maps. 

And now this is the product of the high-end developer? 

It's ridiculous how much time was spent on this airport considering how it looks

84pf5a.jpg

9mif3a.jpg

12p5due.jpg

2a5de3.jpg

3gve5o.jpg

4rjfga.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flying-Hare said:

You can compare it to Amsterdam, which FlyTampa did for a very long time. 

There are just some plain boxes with low-res textures made of Google maps. 

And now this is the product of the high-end developer? 

It's ridiculous how much time was spent on this airport considering how it looks

Is this EHMA from FlyTampa? Really? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

On 10/9/2023 at 4:41 PM, aniiran said:

It might be the best Seattle and Phoneix but that's because they are the only ones.  If you think it looks better than LatinVFR buy it, but know BMW Amsim are masters of hiding flaws in their product screen shots. 

I could say the same for many scenery addons. In fact, several listed examples above. Are there flaws? Sure. Are some of the taxi markings inaccurate? Are some of doors or windows not correctly colored sure? Some of these are legit IMO and some of these are petty.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

It's still a far better than the default airports even if there are some inaccuracies that 95% of buyers wouldn't notice or care about. I'd rather have something than nothing.

• Upvote 1