Sign in to follow this  
Manny

PMDG 744X is OUT!!!!

Great, I was just looking at the site 5 mins ago and thinking when are they going to release this! And now its available :)Can someone post some impressions/reviews/screens.

Matthew S

Hmmm the buy button doesn't work... so I guess they're still updating the site.edit: Ok the buy button works now! go get it :)

Matthew S

Guest YukonPete

I got it downloading as we speak!

Looks great but man those framerates... not to mention the Euro, ouch.

Guest YukonPete

It's only 30 euros for 2004 747 customers. I get 30+ FPS in the lvl-d 767 with my setting high and I have no doubts PMDG will deliver as they have proven them self time and time again!

30 euros....ouch43 bucks for an upgrade.....yowzer!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

With the LEvel D bird I get about 25-30 FPS, in the VC on the PMDG 747 I am getting between 9 and 12...I did go through the direction and did change some of the performance settings, but that didn't help much.

Thanks for the highlight. Funny I was thinking about PMDG too tonight, then I saw this thread. And the same "smash thru the webpage" as in 2005. We're among the first to download it. With most (USA) everyone else asleep. So tomorrow pmdg downloads will be slower?:)

I must say, I *would like* to get it, but in the way FSX is performing, I don't see myself doing any serious flights in it. Maybe wait until the next major hardware update... If I can hold off buying it :)

How refreshing to be able to read something on here more interesting than complaints about 'Acceleration'?Well done Avsim ;-)Guy's please check the minimum specs before the whineing starts? LOL

Dave Taylor gb.png

I have FSX installed but don't use it. I got the PMDG 747 for FSX since some of the new features/fixes are also reflected in the 747 for FS9. Sooner or later I will start with FSX anyway, so...

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Looks like I'll have to buy this before 2359z 31DEC so I can pick up that discount before it expires. This may force my hand with regards to a hardware upgrade :-)

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

For the first time since PMDG offered stuff for FS, I'm not buying it. FSX performance precludes that. I don't see $42 worth of upgrades; maybe initial users will find it. Bob...