Sign in to follow this  
sympilot

ATC Sound Stops

I am anxiously waiting for Beyond ATC to come out and really don't want to buy another program in the interim but, I am really at my wits end with MS ATC. I kind of been out of FS due to familial obligations but over the past couple weeks I have purchased some new hardware and software for it and have been getting back into it as time allows. I fly primarily commercial trying to fly real world routings however, I have only been able to complete 1 flight out of maybe 10 with complete MS ATC sounds. The ATC sound will cut out shortly after takeoff. I use FS-ATC chatter, GSX pro, and FSLTL. I have my copilot handle comms while I fly. Although MS ATC has its shortcomings, it never just cut out on me since I installed it. I have looked online and in forums trying various remedies (comm 2, switching back in forth between online and offline mode, really ratcheting down traffic injection) but alas, no joy. I have  looked into some of the other ATC programs offered but the voices don't sound as good as the AZURE voices except for what I hear in the Beyond ATC demos. I really don't want to shelve FS right now so I was hoping that there may be some things that I have missed which you all can point out.

2 hours ago, sympilot said:

I use FS-ATC chatter, GSX pro, and FSLTL. I have my copilot handle comms while I fly.

I have run into this problem with the density of FSLTL traffic. It feels like the AI just get overloaded.

Like you I haven't run into a real solution, but busy airports like KJFK I run into it more.

I have got this problem for few months now. I can never hear any ATC sound. I have tried everything you can read in different forums, but nothing has solved the problem.

I think the only solution would be to switch to offline ATC (sounds really bad) or the usage of an external tool like BeyondATC.

Patric

4 hours ago, pscharff said:

I think the only solution would be to switch to offline ATC

Unfortunately yes it is. I also had ATC breakdown on each and every flight, until I decided to switch to offline. Since then (three months ago) not a single ATC interruption regardless of location and traffic volume (I use AIG full package). Although the voices are less attractive, one gets used to them after a while, the "cost" of using the online voices is too high!.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

One thing I've noticed is if I get a "go around" the voice doesn't come through on that specific command. I might also try the offline mode.

This is a well documented ‘issue’. It’s been occurring since many updates ago and there is no resolution nor confirmed reason for it. There are some tricks that sometimes work (switching to com2, switching to offline, changing aircraft) but none are guaranteed fixes. 

At one time, I thought it was related to heavy AI. But 2 weeks ago I was in an area with almost no AI and I still lost voices. Not even switching to offline voices helped. 

MS/Asobo claim they cannot reproduce it. Yet thousands are reporting it. My guess at the moment is that it has to do with server traffic. When the Microsoft Azure servers get jammed, some (many) users get bumped off. And only a reboot of MSFS will reconnect it. 

For me, this is the single biggest failure of MSFS2020. It’s the only issue that is preventing me from considering MSFS2024. I am not buying another bag of bugs. All the other issues with 2020 are ‘manageable’ (airports with no AI, poor ground handling, lack of AI diversity, weather limitations, etc). I’ll reconsider 2024 after a year of reading reviews. 

• Like 1

It is more than frustrating to say the least. It is quite baffling that the devs at Beyond ATC can build a product that potentially is going to be an absolute game changer when it comes to ATC. To me ATC is an absolute must for immersiveness.

• Like 1

I just started seeing this with one of the last updates. Before then I did not have any issues. Now it seems to occur almost every flight.. usually half way through it. 

I remember 20 years ago default ATC was great.. sure not perfect, but it was always there lol.

This happened to me today.   Lost all ATC audio.    A restart of MSFS sorted it but really odd and had never happened before.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

This have started to happen to me also several times the latest week, I get a landing permit then it's quiet.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | Seasonic Vertex 1000W I LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Seems when servers get overloaded(christmas this time) we get this silent ATC bug back.....

• Like 1

It's been happening to me on and off for quite a while but like a few others it has got worse and has been happeing a lot more in the last week.

I'm guessing that this could be a server issue though it's strange that MS/ASOBO cannot replicate it considering the number of users reporting it.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Stop trying to catch a ghost in a dark room! 
It's all depend on  MS Azure servers. They spread  around the world and have different loads. 
Asobo is lying they can't reproduce situation. But what can they say? MS is forcing us to use their Azure engine? And remember msfs is not the Azure client only. There are many others. I believe msfs has one of the lowest priorities. That's because Asobo doesn't allowed to make a script or something to restart ATC. MS doesn't want brave simmers kick off the really VIP clients.
This bug is ABSOLUTELY random. Don't try to find any patterns there. 

Whilst the Azure server is the most likely culprit, I don't recall it happening before I installed FSLTL when it first came out so that might be related.  However the guys at FSLTL are a lot more forthcoming than ASOBO or MS so if that was the case, I'm sure they would have dealt with it.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

On 12/17/2023 at 5:07 PM, jscharpf said:

I just started seeing this with one of the last updates. Before then I did not have any issues.

Same here, at some point it will mysteriously resolve because after all--it worked fine before now, at least for quite awhile now.  I remember sometime in the past this cropped up now and again.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X