Sign in to follow this  
TexasGary

New Nvidia Driver 537.58 WHQL

537.58 was just released.  The release notes say "This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS technology." 

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Not related to MSFS, just for new releases;

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS technology. This includes the launch of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III Open Beta, Forza Motorsport, and Lords of the Fallen.

Fixed Gaming Bugs

Add Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass application profile for Lies of P [4290286]

Fixed General Bugs

[GeForce RTX 4060] GPU monitoring utilities reporting incorrect idle power usage [4186490]
Increased DPC latency may be observed when GPU is connected over HDMI 2.1 FRL at 10bpc/12bpc [4253581]

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I will probably skip this one as I see nothing related to msfs or my specific graphics card.

Once I find a good driver, I tend to like to stick to it for a while rather installing each and every new one as it pops up.

I also like to see other peoples results and opinions before making the jump.

• Like 6

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I have been on same system for 10 years now and don't often update drivers but I'm building a new system (parts are coming for Christmas).

i've read that some driver versions have had problems with MSFS, whats the experience of the latest driver from Nvidia? should I use that or is there a  certain Driver that comes reccomended?. GPU will be a 4070ti.

I'm not at all familiar with recent tech so any advice appreciated

Thanks, Burt

I always use the newest driver and I’ve never ever had an issue. Not for over ten years. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

After such a long time, MSFS should finally take DX12 out of the Beta phase and integrate an error-free DX12 into the Flightsim - the fact that this hasn't been done yet is a bit of a shame, IMO !!

What happens with the new MSFS 2024, no DX12 ?? - that would be crazy..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Aren't Frame Generation updates and refinements done thru display driver updates? Thought I read that somewhere.

Anyways, I update to the new RTX4090 drivers because it's so easy to rollback if there's a problem.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

For those that use their systems for gaming outside of MSFS, drivers since this thread's version (537.58) have been getting a lot of complaints on the official Nvidia forums. I always check the below link when a new driver version is released... if a bunch of people complain I'll skip the version, and it seems that every 54x release has been getting a lot more complaints than usual across a bunch of different games.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I always use the newest driver and I’ve never ever had an issue. Not for over ten years. 

I always update to the latest as well.

I have had to roll back once or twice over the years, though.  

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 hours ago, Funky D said:

For those that use their systems for gaming outside of MSFS, drivers since this thread's version (537.58) have been getting a lot of complaints on the official Nvidia forums. I always check the below link when a new driver version is released... if a bunch of people complain I'll skip the version, and it seems that every 54x release has been getting a lot more complaints than usual across a bunch of different games.

The problem with doing that is you only hear from the people that have issues. 50 people complaining in a forum may not be a good representation of the installed base. If 200,000 people installed it, most driver developers would consider 50 people complaining to be a success.

And it is much like reading Amazon product reviews. A good example of that is a sheet feed scanner that I purchased a couple of years back. On page #3 of the manual (where the actual instructions started), item #1 in bold italic print, "The scanner will not power on unless BOTH the USB cable to the computer AND the power supply cable are connected.". The #1 complaint about it was that it would not power on. I read 3 reviews where people explicitly stated that they unboxed it, and plugged it into the power adapter, and tried to turn it on without connecting it to a computer. One guy even wrote, "Why waste my time plugging it into my computer if it won't power on?". Even worse, 20 or so people marked that review "helpful". Doh!

I have a general rule. If someone is "complaining" about something, I ignore them. If someone is accurately and calmly describing a problem or concern, I pay attention to them. It works every time (at least when buying online based off of reviews). Boo complainers. Hey hay. Ho ho. Doze complainers have got to go... 

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

3 hours ago, MDFlier said:

The problem with doing that is you only hear from the people that have issues. 50 people complaining in a forum may not be a good representation of the installed base. If 200,000 people installed it, most driver developers would consider 50 people complaining to be a success.

I generally agree, but when you have multiple people confirming very specific issues for specific games you play, and the Nvidia community manager responding for more information, I would rather not take my chances unless the update has security fixes or is required for a new game. Many known issues in the Nvidia driver release threads come from the community reports in their forums; the users there are typically more tech savvy than your average user. This is coming from someone who advocates for installing the latest and greatest drivers whenever possible.

The best way to determine whether a driver is good, bad or ugly is to try it for yourself. Don't rely on others reporting, there are a gazillion reasons why it may crash their system compared to yours, you can find people reporting crashes for every single nVidia driver ever released and the more will post when certain games are at their peak.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

12 hours ago, Funky D said:

There will always be a bunch of people complaining about new drivers and software as they have no clue how to handle a computer.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |