Sign in to follow this  
Jarnie

PMDG B737 600 cockpit

I am the owner of PMDG B737 for FSX and now using MSFS2020 and as I am retired on a fixed income and like to save money I am wondering does the PMDG B737 600 cockpit has the same functionality as the larger versions eg 800 and 900.

All I can find online is that the 600 is a smaller aircraft with a shorter range.

Would I be disappointed with the 600?

Thanks

John

Gigabyte Z390, I7 9700K, 16Gb, RTX2060, Gigabyte 32" monitor

Depending on your desire for realism, the fact there are very few remaining real-world operators of this particular model might disappoint you.  There are none in Australia for example.

ngxu_banner.png

You will not be disappointed at all! The 600 has the same cockpit and functionality as the larger versions. And due to its smaller size and weight it can operate from shorter runways, which makes it a very universal airliner in MSFS. 

• Like 1

Felix

I do not see much of distinctive differences of any kind between each of those NG cockpits.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Thanks for your replies.

I'm not too worried about the B737 600 not being operated in Australia HOWEVER would this be a problem should I ever want to 'fly' online in virtual airlines or via Discord ie do such operations insist on aircraft model realism?   Maybe the only drawback would be lack of Australian liveries (eg Qantas, Jet Star, Virgin, REX)?

John

It's just smaller in length but It has more range than the other NG versions. Great little package overall!!

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Maybe I should have started a new question however

I have noticed that an addon for 'first officer' is available for purchase however it only lists the model 800?

Does anyone have this addon, is that correct (only for model 800) and is it a good addon?

John

3 hours ago, Jarnie said:

Maybe I should have started a new question however

I have noticed that an addon for 'first officer' is available for purchase however it only lists the model 800?

Does anyone have this addon, is that correct (only for model 800) and is it a good addon?

Wouldnt  even  try  there is  a thread  on  this on the  pmdg  forum  saying  it  alters  the  cfg   etc  which  could  effect the  737's,  here  the post(  depends  on what  version  your  talking  about  fs2crew  version or  the  other  one  which alters  pmdg  files)

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-737-for-msfs/265480-has-anyone-tried-this

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks Pete.

A bit too scarey.

John

Do you not get the -700 with the -600? IMHO the -700 was the best one to fly. I used to work for a company with a couple of -700s and they were far nicer to fly. We had one with and one without winglets.

Basically, you tend to use Flap 1 for takeoffs in the 6/700 and F5 for the -8/900 to avoid tail scrape issues. The 6/700 has the air conditioning system from the 300, with one recirc fan and just two cabin temp controls. The -8/900 uses the -400 system with two recirc fans and three zones. both packs control to the lowest temp selected and the trim air alters the other zones to fit the selection. Only other changes are the engines are programmed for 18/20/22k thrust ratings on the 6/700 and 22/24/26 (27) on the larger aircraft. Climb N1 is the same so the little ones go up like rockets!

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!