Sign in to follow this  
ivatt

Instrument Views

Hi

I am hoping that someone can answer the following question. I have been trying to capture customised instrument views but had no joy. I think I am using the right combination of ctrl-alt+keyboard number. Tried this on a couple of aircraft although my preferred choice is the Cessna CJ4.

I have also looked at my keyboard profile but none of the options shown there work either including ctrl-function key options.

one final question, is it possible to save the Pilot/Instrument smart views to a key rather than having to select them from (I have the Turtle Beach Velocity One)

Plane 11.53 (64 Bit) MSFS 2020
ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0
Intel Core i5 9400F @ 2.90Ghz
16 GBytes DDR4 DRAM Latency 1200.8 MHz
Radeon RX 570 Series 8 GBytes GDDR5

It’s Ctrl-Alt-Num Pad number and not the top row numbers.

You can also recall the default camera views by assigning keys or buttons to them.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ivatt said:

one final question, is it possible to save the Pilot/Instrument smart views to a key rather than having to select them from (I have the Turtle Beach Velocity One)

FWIW, I have the TB Velocity One and I use the left hat to pan (360) and the right hat to cycle the instrument views (default).  Works well for me but YMMV.

-B

I use ctrl+alt+number to define custom camera views, and alt+number to recall them.

Once you have that working, you can assign "custom camera view n" to any key or button.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

I use the free Microsoft Snipping tool (available from the MS App store) to capure the panel for use with Air Manager. Works like a charm.

Edit: Disregard pls. I misunderstood the OP's question. Apologies. 

Edited by saifs

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I use ctrl+alt+number to define custom camera views, and alt+number to recall them.

Once you have that working, you can assign "custom camera view n" to any key or button.

I use right ctrl + numpad number to define them and just the numpad number to call them, one less key.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

This what I do always works for me.  In sim the end result is much the same as using Chaseplane or EZDOK.

Bruce

• Like 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hi, thanks for the replies. I am aware it's the num pad needed for the numerical entries. I have tried everything, including the default keyboard entries and nothing works.

The main aircraft I am using are the Cessna CJ4 and the Fly-by-wire A320.

Really stumped as to what the problem is.

ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0

34 minutes ago, ivatt said:

Hi, thanks for the replies. I am aware it's the num pad needed for the numerical entries. I have tried everything, including the default keyboard entries and nothing works.

The main aircraft I am using are the Cessna CJ4 and the Fly-by-wire A320.

Really stumped as to what the problem is.

I'm not sure but I think maybe you have not yet "grasped" what needs to be done in order to accomplish your goal. I suggest you look at this, for custom instrument views -

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

2 hours ago, ivatt said:

I am aware it's the num pad needed for the numerical entries. I have tried everything, including the default keyboard entries and nothing works.

I actually use the number keys at the top of the keyboard.. not the num pad..

Bert

I prefer to use the NUM Pad keys for easy access, Here is my method:

"Page-UP"--"Page-Down"--Arrow keys up,dn.left,right... to adjust the view that suits me (also right click on mouse and fiddle with the view that way), Then I hold down CTRL+ALT hit Top keyboard num. key "0" (or whatever),,,when I hit that key on the "NUM Pad" I have my saved seat position. I do this for all my instrument views (num 0-9), separate for all aircraft.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

I use ctrl-alt-numbers at the top of the keyboard to set views and have made my numpad buttons call up the saved views.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Beagle12 said:

I use //42 instrument views. Works for me.

3 clicks to recall a view? Not good for me when I can do it with 1 press on a numpad key.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I have followed all the advice including watching the video but as yet I have not had any success. A bit baffled as I have used similar settings with x-plane and they worked.

Just in case I am missing something obvious is BETTER CAMERAS a utility or just they way people post the mods??

Edited by ivatt

ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0