Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

How do I know what edition I have installed

This may sound like a stupid question. Let me explain. After the last upgrade my fs2020 didn't display as before. Bridges at KPHL were flat with no dimension. The sports area buildings (football, baseball and hockey) also flat and no dimension. My community folder were empty. So after downloading and reinstalling from Xbox game pass I had the same results. I am now in the process of installing again. The Premium Deluxe 40th Anniversary Edition which I had before all these problems.

Hence the title.

Thanks to all who reply

Bill Mccracken  

You probably had photogrammetry turned off, didn't need to reinstall.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

58 minutes ago, Alvega said:

You probably had photogrammetry turned off, didn't need to reinstall.

Or online data turned off.  Check your General Settings / Data.

• Upvote 2

Bert

Alvega,

Thanks for your reply. But where do I find photogrammetry to turn it on?

Bert,

Thanks for reply. I have to wait till install to finish.

Bill McCracken

42 minutes ago, macpilot said:

Alvega,

Thanks for your reply. But where do I find photogrammetry to turn it on?

Bert,

Thanks for reply. I have to wait till install to finish.

Bill McCracken

Hi Bill, 

In Options, General, Data, as Bert said. Both photogrammetry and Bing data can be enabled there. it's probably one of those being off causing that issue.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Gentlemen,

Thank you both for your input. It's strange that both of those were set wrong on a new install. But they were causing my problem.

BTW since I have been noticing the scenery more because of this problem. It appears that they still have not solved the under the bridges blackness issue.

Thanks again.

Bill

• Like 1

3 hours ago, macpilot said:

BTW since I have been noticing the scenery more because of this problem. It appears that they still have not solved the under the bridges blackness issue.

Thanks again.

Bill

They weren't supposed to solve it. Some bridges are hand crafted 3d objects that you can fly under, but most of the bridges are auto generated and have this issue. 

But they are not looking to solve the issue in MSFS2020, it is a limitation of the simulator auto object generation.  Maybe better in MSFS 2024 - who knows? ! 🙂

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

18 hours ago, macpilot said:

It's strange that both of those were set wrong on a new install.

Somehow MSFS (sometimes) sets a few settings back to default with an upgrade or new install, even when your settings should come from the cloud.
I have that for instance with screen settings, always defaults back to windowed mode.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR