Sign in to follow this  
Republic DC9

Next Carenado Project?

5 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Since the A2A Comanche most developers will have to up their games and most of all Carenado.

Objection your honor.

there is room for more than just the A2A category. They can happily live side by side on my piano. Carenado appeals to a different segment and will continue to sell just for the beauty and variety of classic models they offer, no matter what. Just like Vatsim,  FMC or PMDG is not the holy grail for everybody to enjoy MSFS. You and others may enjoy foul plugs, tons of circuit breakers, combustion animation, oil leaks etc. I don't care for that just like I never did in my real world flying. 

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

3 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Since the A2A Comanche most developers will have to up their games and most of all Carenado.

A2A doesn't beat Carenado in visuals.

Carenado textures are always superior imo.

• Like 3

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

50 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Carenado textures are always superior imo.

They're pretty, I'll give you that.

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

8 hours ago, Donka said:

Actually, just to flesh out my list. I'm a big fan of Carenado, partly due to how good the aesthetics are and their importance in VR but they also have a catalog of wonderful aircraft. I'll buy pretty much anything they release but the top of my wish list would look like this:

Saab S340

DO228 100

B120

S330

690B TURBO COMMANDER

500S SHRIKE AERO COMMANDER

B1900D

F50

E50P PHENOM 100

390 PREMIER IA

How could I forget the Shorts and Saab 340 and B1900D?!

Ugh so many favorites, so many reasonably priced beauties (hopefully!) to come to my already overloaded hangar.

And I saw somewhere an indication from Carenado that their planes will work in the NEXT sim.

16 hours ago, Bostar said:

it seems C185 is approaching

I really hope so! This was always my favorite bush plane in FSX/P3D.

On 10/22/2023 at 10:37 PM, ryanbatc said:

FSW will take care of that with their Lear 35 🙂  Soon TM

Looking most forward to their Falcon 50. I love old jets Also hoping AH will bring their Saberliner and Carvelle to MSFS

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Looking most forward to their Falcon 50. I love old jets Also hoping AH will bring their Saberliner and Carvelle to MSFS

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

• Like 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

21 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

Looking most forward to their Falcon 50.

can't hear you. which one?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

On 10/24/2023 at 5:32 PM, Republic DC9 said:

And I saw somewhere an indication from Carenado that their planes will work in the NEXT sim.

Won't pretty much every plane in MSFS (2020)?

And Blackbox are making an S330/S360/C-23 which seems to be pretty far along in development.

• Like 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I forgot to mention their C177 Cardinal!?

Both RG and fixed versions...such funky mid-70s production dates (I’m a 1975 build myself!). 🙂

On 10/24/2023 at 1:39 PM, turbomax said:

Objection your honor.

there is room for more than just the A2A category. They can happily live side by side on my piano. Carenado appeals to a different segment and will continue to sell just for the beauty and variety of classic models they offer, no matter what. Just like Vatsim,  FMC or PMDG is not the holy grail for everybody to enjoy MSFS. You and others may enjoy foul plugs, tons of circuit breakers, combustion animation, oil leaks etc. I don't care for that just like I never did in my real world flying. 

I agree that there is room for different levels of sim planes in the market but  its not just fouled plugs and circuit breakers it's accuracy of the flight model and physics, it's accuracy of how the engine operates, sounds and feels.  Even with failures turned off a plane like the A2A is going to give a more realistic experience, even more so with quality controls.  I wish more simmers invested in FFB controls, I have seen so many simpits with 10k plus in computer equipment and panels with a Saitek yoke... the one item you touch and feel the plane through they go cheap as possible.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I loved the T34B in FSX, I'd be very happy to see that again. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog