Sign in to follow this  
vogue

ORBX Central is now recognizing Prepar3D V6!

Hope it will only need little time until the sceneries will be adapted.

• Like 5

Hi, 

Not on mt system.. 

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

10 minutes ago, Emile said:

Not on mt system.. 

Which version do you have?

Cheers

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Yes on my system too was able to create a v6 library then add True Earth Great Britain libraries and sync.

Edited by greggd

Hmm.. Might actually get P3D v6 if I get all the ORBX-stuff in there along with the old Q400.. 🥳

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I have P3D v6 on a separate drive and the new Orbx Central recognizes it, but there are no products available for that version that I can see on Orbx Direct.

I see " There are no products that match your selected filters" when I hit the products tab on Orbx Central. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do something else.

So, I guess the wait continues. I'm not going to tweak my registry or try to trick Orbx into installing files into v6.

Pete Locascio

I know about this method. I'm talking about Orbx products that are MADE for v6 and that will appear in Orbx Central for installation into that particular sim. This is what users are waiting for.

Pete Locascio

42 minutes ago, tamba765 said:

I know about this method. I'm talking about Orbx products that are MADE for v6 and that will appear in Orbx Central for installation into that particular sim. This is what users are waiting for.

I doubt the Orbx products themselves will be remade for v6, I think Orbx's aim is to make those sceneries that do function (for the most part) available to install via their Central app.

Case in point their Australian Region was not made majority P3D x64 compatible for many years, even though it did install into P3D x64 via Central.

And a proportion of their airport sceneries which they did update, ended up with issues never resolved, even though the introduced issues were reported to Orbx.

Unfortunatelly the sell once, update at no cost funding model doesn't really work for long lived applications like flight sims, that is unless there are a ton of sales funding the updates.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Just now, Rogen said:

I doubt the Orbx products themselves will be remade for v6

I would go so far to say they won't be remade for V6 for some very obvious reasons.

1 hour ago, tamba765 said:

OK

13 hours ago, tamba765 said:

Currently Orbx textures do not utilise the night lighting in v6 or the rain effects and  I find they reduce immersion rather than improve it wrt default

I have all my full fat ORBX installed in P3DV5 but there's just something about the look of V6 default that makes me wonder if the ORBX Global stuff is really necessary.  I don't know if it's the lighting, shadows, improved default scenery and vector or what but it's nice to be able to boot up a sim in a minute instead of taking 15 to pull all the ORBX files as in my V5. I have plenty of photo scenery I can hook up to if I want something more but in some cases the default looks better than that. I just keep V6 as a side sim to watch what pans out in the future but for the most part will keep the FSX dated addons off.  

• Upvote 1

Vic green