Sign in to follow this  
vogue

ORBX Central is now recognizing Prepar3D V6!

I guess I was under the wrong impression that Orbx was going to make adjustments to their scenery for V6. Since I'm not a developer, I'm assuming that to do this would take more effort than it would be worth. I'm not blaming them at all. Business is business. I'll stick with P3Dv5.4, since I really don't see any super stunning improvements in V6. This is just an opinion guys, so I'm not expecting everyone to agree with me. We all have our own ways of looking at things. Sooner or later though, I'll probably have to take the plunge to the "Dark Side" and try that other big company's sim. 

Pete Locascio

The True Earth Great Briten V6 ORBX installed is just and place holder for the library`s according to ORBX on forum. something may be coming.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 10/26/2023 at 5:01 AM, tamba765 said:

I guess I was under the wrong impression that Orbx was going to make adjustments to their scenery for V6. Since I'm not a developer, I'm assuming that to do this would take more effort than it would be worth. I'm not blaming them at all. Business is business. I'll stick with P3Dv5.4, since I really don't see any super stunning improvements in V6. This is just an opinion guys, so I'm not expecting everyone to agree with me. We all have our own ways of looking at things. Sooner or later though, I'll probably have to take the plunge to the "Dark Side" and try that other big company's sim. 

Do they need to make adjustments? I was under the impression that once installed, the products themselves worked fine with v6. The issue was that a registry tweek was needed to install them. I was hoping that we will now be able to just install the products straightforwardly using Orbx Central.

• Like 1

Ian S

38.jpg

33 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Do they need to make adjustments? I was under the impression that once installed, the products themselves worked fine with v6. The issue was that a registry tweek was needed to install them. I was hoping that we will now be able to just install the products straightforwardly using Orbx Central.

See this post of mine

As a company, I think they do need to test the products before declaring them compatible. Which takes time and costs money. From what a lot of developers have said here, most customers aren't willing to pay even a small fee for such a service, and i'm sceptical that Orbx will do it for free. But maybe I'm wrong...

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

All flight sims bring new flyers to the platform. Not having product`s compatible for that platform will lose them customers. putting all your eggs in one basket could prove counter productive in the long run.

I have already stated on the ORBX forum that i will no long buy addons unless I know they will be upgraded in future.

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

With the lack of support for from 99% of developers I'm no longer open to the idea of fee'd upgrades. The 3PD have shown their hand. A fee of any sort wouldn't guarantee a timely release of any  product IMO so I'm out. If they upgrade thats great,  but I have tiny arms and super deep pockets towards any of these guys now much like a  T rex trying to scratch its butt

• Like 1

Stick with 5.4.  It's the best out there in my opinion.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Totally agree. Does everything I need really well and will continue to do so for quite some time. I still have many ORBX airports, particularly in Europe that I got on sale that I’ve never been to so looking forward to that. ORBX Global airport pack seems to work just fine in 5.4 as well. I’m working my way up the East coast starting in Florida in the A2A Bonanza including some of those airports. ActiveSky, ASCA, EnvShade, EnvTex skies…good to go. Really nice to be able to just fly now and not have to modify anything.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, spilok said:

Stick with 5.4.  It's the best out there in my opinion.

Even for me, especially after having made a copy/paste from the main directory of P3D v6 Scenery\World\ of all the Textures on Scenery\World\Texture of P3D v5.4 I found an improvement in AA and an improvement in the scenarios in P3D v5.4.

Interesting. I had already thought about that but nixed it thinking those files are hooked into something in V6 and probably would result in errors.

8 hours ago, RobPol471 said:

Even for me, especially after having made a copy/paste from the main directory of P3D v6 Scenery\World\ of all the Textures on Scenery\World\Texture of P3D v5.4 I found an improvement in AA and an improvement in the scenarios in P3D v5.4.

This interests me.  Are you able to expound on this a little?

Well, you could .bak scenery/world/scenery folder in 5.4, then copy/paste same from V6 into 5.4 and see. After a full backup of course.

1 hour ago, newtie said:

Well, you could .bak scenery/world/scenery folder in 5.4, then copy/paste same from V6 into 5.4 and see. After a full backup of course.

Got it!  Thanks.