Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Horizon 787-9 v1.0 released

9 hours ago, jon b said:

On the subject of autobrakes, tapping the brakes on the landing roll out the auto brake switch should rotate to the DISARM position not OFF as simulated. 
If any developer is reading this, or if someone could perhaps pass it on ? Cheers

would be great if it's implemented

2 hours ago, A330B747 said:

would be great if it's implemented

We're aware of it but I don't think we'll get to this one. We made the conscious decision to leave that behavior as is; the sim doesn't have the concept of a disarm position separate from off, so fixing this one thing requires building an entirely custom autobrake system from the ground up, including all the control loops you would need and everything.

Unfortunately we just don't have the  resources to do that for this one thing right now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MattNischan said:

Unfortunately we just don't have the  resources to do that for this one thing right now.

Thx Matt to reply us. Will the SU14 add new features for the 787? I ask you this coz i'm building a complete 787 home cockpit.

Let's hope Asobo will put the resources for this for the near future, especially for the upcoming MSFS 2024

1 hour ago, A330B747 said:

Will the SU14 add new features for the 787?

I don't think any more than what are already listed in the SU14 changelog on the MSFS forums.

I keep getting 'CHECKLIST NORMAL INCOMPLETE' warnings on the EICAS (when the checklist has been completed!).

These messages appear at the wrong time. For example, after takeoff when retracting flaps I get the warning that the takeoff checklist is incomplete (because flaps are not now in the TO postition) and the same thing happens after landing as I'm cleaning up the aircracft.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

17 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

I keep getting 'CHECKLIST NORMAL INCOMPLETE' warnings on the EICAS (when the checklist has been completed!).

These messages appear at the wrong time. For example, after takeoff when retracting flaps I get the warning that the takeoff checklist is incomplete (because flaps are not now in the TO postition) and the same thing happens after landing as I'm cleaning up the aircracft.

I believe this is inherited from the default 78X... I get that too in the WT 78X.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!!

I'm thinking of taking the plunge, meaning I will have to upgrade to premium too, just for this aircraft.

How is performance, compared to say the PDMG 737-700?  How does the default perform?  TIA!

Edited by Langeveldt

7 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Should be fixed in the SU14 beta, for the 78X. Not sure when that stuff will get integrated back into the mods.

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, MattNischan said:

I don't think any more than what are already listed in the SU14 changelog on the MSFS forums.

Thx Matt. 

Is the 787 avionics&systems open-sourced? I mean, can freeware team like horizon-simulations add new systems and features to the existing one? For example in this case a new completely new ground up autobrake system?

Just now, A330B747 said:

Thx Matt. 

Is the 787 avionics&systems open-sourced? I mean, can freeware team like horizon-simulations add new systems and features to the existing code? For example in this case a new completely new ground up autobrake system?

I have some troubles with glideslope capture on HS 787-9. First of all I can't engage nor LOC not APP before the plane sense ILS system. Is it right behavior? I don't think so. Anyway when localizer is live I engage LOC plane turns and follow localizer (green LOC mode on PFD). At that time glideslope is well above me. But it doesn't appear on PFD. No glideslope magenta diamond at all. So I can't engage APP mode. It appears right after FAF and usually half or one dot below. This means I missed glideslope and APP mode can't activates. Again - I am catching glideslope from BELOW.

This type of approach: At NEXUS I am in active LOC mode. No glideslope appearance until NITRO. Can't engage APP mode. Diamond appears right after NITRO and a half or one dot below catching point. Now I can engage APP but it's too late. Glideslope is missed 😒

spacer.png

OK. My bad. Check all ILS at default Asobo Haneda airport. 16L, 16R, 34R, 23 (offset loc) - work as they should.  22 and 34L - don't for unknown for me reason. Glideslope appears too late.

This is happening to HS 787-9 as well as default 78X. I have used all the runways ILS mentioned with PMDG 738 without any problem.

I've had the same problem with the B787-8 Kuro Mod. The GS does not show up on the PFD until the diamond is ready to start descending down to the flight director. The only way I can make the approach mode active, is to hit the APR button, which for some reason activates HDG mode, hit the APR button again and usually that will make APR mode active.

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

I'm not so lucky. Hit APP button many times. Can't engage APP mode still.

When you hit APP second time are you in active LOC stage already?

Looks like it's a problem of default 78X and subsequently Kuro and HS.

On 11/4/2023 at 9:39 AM, A330B747 said:

Is the 787 avionics&systems open-sourced?

No, the source code cannot legally be released. Teams will have to work on the compiled JS code to add features, like we did with our original mod for the CJ4.

• Like 2