Sign in to follow this  
btacon

PMDG UFT Preview. Just Published

11 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

Wow it's rubbish. Fenix, FBW and others blow it out of the water

Not even close. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, andymandy said:

so much PMDG/RR fuss for a mediocre UFB:(

To be honest, half the fuss is being made by the community when it comes to EFBs.

55 minutes ago, B777ER said:

After two years, this is what we get? Are we on Candid Camera? All that time RSR spent complaining about communicating with the sim and it’s literally 3 buttons to get aircraft data in this release version. That’s what hung them up?

1. There was no easy way of communicating using the code they have in their aircraft, so they had to work around that, and that's where the trouble was. Asobo only recently, with SU13, implemented what PMDG can use for data communication, making this much easier now.

2. Generally, just because the user interaction on the UI is trivial, doesn't mean the underlying method of making it work is trivial.

I'm surprised myself that aircraft configs and ground equipment aren't a thing yet given how long it took, but apart from that I don't know what people expected from an EFB.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 3

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

32 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think the PMDG 737 is by far, the best airliner in MSFS. The two top are the Fenix and the PMDG, and I have hundreds and hundreds of  hours in both of them, and now all I fly is the PMDG. I like the fact that you are involved in piloting the PMDG, versus feeling more like a passenger in the A 320 watching it fly itself.  

You are forgetting the MD-80

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

It runs circles around PMDG and Fenix in MSFS at the moment. Continuous updates with no drama.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

It runs circles around PMDG and Fenix in MSFS at the moment. Continuous updates with no drama.

I like flying aircraft  that are currently being used by Airlines  in the US, 

• Upvote 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, BIGSKY said:

Quality takes time...

re

its hardly Quality , Taken two years Fenix had a great Quality EFB on release

Jason Richards

20 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I like flying aircraft  that are currently being used by Airlines  in the US, 

It is for cargo. But either way you are missing out my friend 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

29 minutes ago, micstatic said:

and Fenix A320

Jason Richards

Does look solid enough. But as others have said, slightly disappointing they couldn't include the ability to open doors, change aircraft options etc on release. Hopefully soon they can also have the failure settings on it too. Then it will almost be like an instructors console in a level-D sim. 

The legend that is the PMDG tablet is finally nearly within our grasp. . 

• Like 1

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

21 minutes ago, jason74 said:

Taken two years Fenix had a great Quality EFB on release

(a) How long did Fenix take to develop and release?

(b) PMDG explained the reasons for the time it has taken, so they started from a different base line that Fenix.

The comparison is apples and oranges.

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

14 minutes ago, DavidP said:

(a) How long did Fenix take to develop and release?

(b) PMDG explained the reasons for the time it has taken, so they started from a different base line that Fenix.

The comparison is apples and oranges.

Bottom like is PMDG is trying to write code for an XBOX and Fenix, MaddogX etc. don't want no part of it. Read between the lines. Its all about how much money you can make on future products and that's facts and different developers have different priorities.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

PMDG has certainly fallen from their lofty perch they enjoyed pre-MSFS2020. They are nowhere near top tier anymore. Rested on the reputation and it’s showing.

I honestly couldn’t care less if they ever released an EFB for this plane. This comment is absolutely laughable. One may like the Fenix more, but this is at worst the second-best plane in MSFS. “Nowhere near top tier”? Give me a break. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, flightskyc said:

This is Disappointing, very basic for 2 years of work.

That's an understatement of the century. 🙂

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |