Sign in to follow this  
btacon

SU 14 (Beta) is Live Now

4 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

Isn't it the Fenix that automatically changes the assistance options?  Does anyone experiencing this issue not have the Fenix installed?

I don't have the Fenix and only experienced resetting on the initial beta 1.35.13 startup.

I'm also not have any issues with the Kodiak's PFD as reported by another poster.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Have aircraft always said good bye when changing frequency? I know tower/centre have said Good Day when a flight is leaving their area.

I rarely use ATC these days, so I'm not sure if it's new.

aqdPOJZ.png

Good bye is a dorky thing to say. I say that as an ex ATC, 15 years.  We said “Good day” but never “Good bye”

YMMV. TANSTAAFL,

-B

• Like 2

Yeah... GSX no likey SU14.

Departed KORD. Couldn't attach jetway using GSX menu. I had to use default ground services menu. The built in VDGS display at the gate did not show any flight information at all. It was completely blank. I landed at KMSP and the marshaller was there but did not react to my presence at all. I called for deboarding, and nothing happened after the little deboarding requested message played. I had to restart Couatl to get that to work. 

Umberto and the gang will figue it out, They always do. Right after they get done cursing at Asobo for a bit.  

6 minutes ago, btacon said:

Good bye is a dorky thing to say. I say that as an ex ATC, 15 years.  We said “Good day” but never “Good bye”

YMMV. TANSTAAFL,

-B

I listen to LiveATC quite a bit. I've heard them say it all, "good bye", "see ya", "buh bye", "hasta la vista", etc.. 

But it's not cool hearing the same thing in every transmission.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

19 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

I'm also not have any issues with the Kodiak's PFD as reported by another poster.

All my G1000 planes have the same issues so it isn't just the Kodiak. Maybe odd timing and unrelated to update but flight this morning was normal and something happened after update.

15 minutes ago, ZoblebV8 said:

All my G1000 planes have the same issues so it isn't just the Kodiak. Maybe odd timing and unrelated to update but flight this morning was normal and something happened after update.

What am I looking for? What's not working in the G1000?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

6 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

What am I looking for? What's not working in the G1000?

In my case it appears to have been the new Navigraph G1000 plugin. I uninstalled it and now the G1000's are working properly again. It was pretty much completely non-functional with the plugin installed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twenty6 said:

I don't have the Fenix and only experienced resetting on the initial beta 1.35.13 startup.

Yesterday I installed the Navigraph plug-in and everything was fine. After the update the PFD is largely non-functional, with no GPS and no radio’s.

Edited by JWvdH

1 hour ago, FBW737 said:

You should post the webcam shots from Dec 30 🤪

I won't say what, but the world was bigly surprised at Santa on Dec. 25. It wasn't his usual bag!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, MDFlier said:

Departed KORD. Couldn't attach jetway using GSX menu. I had to use default ground services menu. The built in VDGS display at the gate did not show any flight information at all. It was completely blank. I landed at KMSP and the marshaller was there but did not react to my presence at all. I called for deboarding, and nothing happened after the little deboarding requested message played. I had to restart Couatl to get that to work. 

For me GSX worked fine except for the animations. Jetway connected, passengers boarded. When the catering trucks showed up they didn't raise up, the workers didn't leave the fuel truck, but it acted like it connected and refueled fine. The wing walker followed me, but didn't play any animations, just slid around the ground.

Edited by Tuskin38

I'm pleased to report that, with today's release of the SU14 beta, I can now use DX12 without any of the artifacting and other graphics anomalies that I previously suffered with DX12. Everything has been cleaned up nicely. With DX11, I was already getting spectacular fps even without Frame Generation. Now, I have even more fps headroom. Thank you, Asobo!

• Like 6

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

No Fenix or GSX here.  After installing beta, all settings reverted to easy, DX12 from DX11.  

I reset everything to the hard profile in menu, then applied setting and quit sim.  Upon restarting sim, everything is back to easy.  

Also, in external view, I now have the cartoonish looking ‘hud’ showing big gauges.  I got rid of them in cockpit view but I don’t know how to remove them from external.  

Best Regards,

Mark

i7 10700KF 3.8gHz -125W air cooled, 500W PSU, 4070 Dual OC 12GB, 16GB 3200, 43" P4317Q

Redbird Alloy RD1, Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, Stream Deck

Sunsets look so much more realistic finally after this update. No more insane purples every single time. So beautiful.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, markmco said:

I got rid of them in cockpit view but I don’t know how to remove them from external.  

In the same section as the cockpit.

64lGk2P.png

Also, I did the same as Alvega and emptied my community folder, and my settings didn't reset.

Testing on the beta forums shows that it seems to be large addons, like AIG, causing the settings to reset. That is really odd
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/assistance-options-get-reset-to-default-on-every-startup/614589/114

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nikolajz1 said:

Sunsets look so much more realistic finally after this update. No more insane purples every single time. So beautiful.

Can we seee? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, markmco said:

I reset everything to the hard profile in menu, then applied setting and quit sim.  Upon restarting sim, everything is back to easy.  

I have this as well...all the Assistance options are reverted to easy

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |