Sign in to follow this  
btacon

SU 14 (Beta) is Live Now

Bugs and regressions are to be expected during the beta process, especially the beginning builds.. to expect otherwise is not being realistic and probably best to not opt into the betas if you're intolerant of regressions or bugs in the new functionality. And if some of the new functionality is only coming in later beta builds and not the very first one (i.e. SR22) that's surely ok too. The purpose of all this is to report all issues so they at least get logged/acknowledged, and also get addressed before the release of the SU.

Now if regressions are introduced and not fixed even by release time, especially non-trivial regressions, that's not acceptable and something we should keep shouting to MS/Asobo about. I feel like they've gotten better at that over the SUs/WUs however (i.e. either fixing by release time or updating shortly after), and certainly these public betas have done way more good than not.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 7

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

4 hours ago, micstatic said:

another small update this morning.  Not sure what

My assistance settings didn’t change this startup so maybe that got fixed? 

• Like 2

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

So is this game still broken? The amount of good will afforded to Asobo and Microsoft is indeed staggering. This game has been out for a few years now and its still not in a stable state. Its also getting replaced next year which doesn't bode well for its currently iteration.

I've just been going through all the official forums and there seems to be nothing but problems on xbox and PC across the board. There was issues with SU13 beta and then the release, and now with SU14 beta so far. It was already a bit of a dogs dinner when I last played which was SU12.

Its such a shame because it was a really engrossing sim at one point and beautiful to boot but they just keep breaking everything on every release which is nuts. Things that previously worked shouldn't still be breaking years on from release.

Cant imagine what it will be like supporting TWO branches of the same sim next year. Catastrophe no doubt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ant1975uk said:

Cant imagine what it will be like supporting TWO branches of the same sim next year. Catastrophe no doubt.

I agree with your sentiments, but I fear the backlash you will now receive in these forums because of this post. 

• Like 1

If you are running the beta DO NOT attempt to purchase anything from the Marketplace - there is a chance your purchase will fail and the money will be taken for the marketplace "credits" but you won't have the plane/scenery/whatever added to your account so you can't download it.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/marketplace-issue-affecting-su14-beta-participants-october-31-2023/614753

• Like 1

Is the best MS Flight Simulator we have ever had. It works better than FSX ever did. 2024 will probably run better than msfs 2020 ever did. Yeah it's got some warts, but all in all it's a fully functional sim. I've had many absolutely perfect flights in MSFS. More than I had with FSX and P3D combined.  All this doom and gloom is unnecessary. 

• Like 18

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

3 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Is the best MS Flight Simulator we have ever had. It works better than FSX ever did. 2024 will probably run better than msfs 2020 ever did. Yeah it's got some warts, but all in all it's a fully functional sim. I've had many absolutely perfect flights in MSFS. More than I had with FSX and P3D combined.  All this doom and gloom is unnecessary. 

MSFS is very good at some things, but it's lacking in other areas so it depends what matters to each person whether it works for them.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Now if regressions are introduced and not fixed even by release time, especially non-trivial regressions, that's not acceptable and something we should keep shouting to MS/Asobo about. I feel like they've gotten better at that over the SUs/WUs however (i.e. either fixing by release time or updating shortly after), and certainly these betas have done way more good than not.

It's pointless shouting they don't listen, there's regression bugs dating back 2+ years now, the evidence is clear for all to see.

IMO the beta periods have largely been a complete shambles from the very start (remember when we did shout and they did listen it was to add beta periods in the first place, how they fathomed a Sim of this size could survive without them God only knows).

Granted they have got slightly better but at a glacial pace and still without some very basic beta features that a company of Microsoft's calibre should not be missing, but here we are with what I consider to be a mess of a system and having been on countless beta periods for countless games/Sims for over the years I repeat again - MSFS (still) has the worst I have ever seen in all my time of being involved in them.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

4 minutes ago, MarcG said:

It's pointless shouting they don't listen, there's regression bugs dating back 2+ years now, the evidence is clear for all to see.

IMO the beta periods have largely been a complete shambles from the very start (remember when we did shout and they did listen it was to add beta periods in the first place, how they fathomed a Sim of this size could survive without them God only knows).

Remember when they did the closed betas that we couldn't talk about under a permanent NDA then ignored the bug reports we gave them so they released the sim with issues that had been reported on day one of the beta ?

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

No one is denying it's a great Sim, I love it and I wouldn't be here otherwise but I'm not and never have been shy to air my views on things they could blatantly do better. We all want the best for the Sim, we just post about it in different ways 🙂

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

38 minutes ago, Ant1975uk said:

So is this game still broken? The amount of good will afforded to Asobo and Microsoft is indeed staggering. This game has been out for a few years now and its still not in a stable state.

The game isn't "broken", it's exceedingly "stable", runs performance circles around everything else relative to what it's displaying at least on PC and anyone who is modestly "serious" about flight simming isn't using Xbox for this, has a fabulous set of advanced aircraft, and is wonderfully satisfying and overall continues its steady pace of improvements.  Sounds like you should save yourself the angst and uninstall it if that is what you see in MSFS as your cup, for MSFS, is clearly 90% empty.  Sorry, you sound to me like another troll, which having a look at past posts isn't the case, it's just ongoing focus on negativity, what's missing, not what's there.   You knew full well you'd get replies like this so I"m happy to oblige.  😉

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

13 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Granted they have got slightly better but at a glacial pace and still without some very basic beta features that a company of Microsoft's calibre should not be missing, but here we are with what I consider to be a mess of a system and having been on countless beta periods for countless games/Sims for over the years I repeat again - MSFS (still) has the worst I have ever seen in all my time of being involved in them.

You should find another hobby. All you do is complain. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

12 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Remember when they did the closed betas that we couldn't talk about under a permanent NDA then ignored the bug reports we gave them so they released the sim with issues that had been reported on day one of the beta ?

Yep, the problem thereafter was they didn't fix many of those bugs a year+ post release (according to those who were in the alpha, I wasn't).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You should find another hobby. All you do is complain. 

I love this hobby thanks but as above my head isn't buried in the sand pretending this Sim is gloriously free of bugs, I have just as much right to air my views as you, thank you come again 😊

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ant1975uk said:

This game has been out for a few years now and its still not in a stable state.

Then why do I do not have constant crashes, if it is not stable?