Sign in to follow this  
AeroMaster12

RealTraffic v10 Stable Released

See title

Just got the email! If you were in Beta, delete the folder/file you created to opt in, otherwise, a restart of the program should switch you to the new version

Outside my PC tonight, would be nice to read reports regarding stable ground traffic at KDTW, ESSA and ENGM

55 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Outside my PC tonight, would be nice to read reports regarding stable ground traffic at KDTW, ESSA and ENGM

A disclaimer would be to try it using historical data. Based on the text from the email, ground traffic in ADS-B limited areas is improved using satellite data, though this comes at a limitation with 2-hour offset delays

When flying with a time offset of at least 2 hours (requires a professional license), you'll now see about 87% of all traffic continue instead of disappearing when they leave ground based ADS-B coverage. Some aircraft are shown using estimated positions when leaving ADS-B coverage in real-time mode (accessible to all licenses). While not as realistic, this will hopefully fit the bill for many of you.

In the following coverage plot, the yellow trails indicate recovered traffic 2 hours in the past. The positions are recovered either from satellite positions or from aircraft having left and re-entered ADS-B coverage. So for maximum realism and best coverage, simply fly with a 2h offset.

@kiek - I assume the method that you use to get weekly snapshots would take advantage of this, considering it pools from historical data rather than real-time data? Based on this, we would theoretically see improved static learned parking positions (non-soft QF) week-over-week in areas compared to times past?

Edited by AeroMaster12

I'm also wondering whether release of V10 coincide with fixing the issue with one of new servers Balthasar mentioned few days ago.

5 hours ago, AeroMaster12 said:

A disclaimer would be to try it using historical data. Based on the text from the email, ground traffic in ADS-B limited areas is improved using satellite data, though this comes at a limitation with 2-hour offset delays

@kiek - I assume the method that you use to get weekly snapshots would take advantage of this, considering it pools from historical data rather than real-time data? Based on this, we would theoretically see improved static learned parking positions (non-soft QF) week-over-week in areas compared to times past?

The satellite based data is merely meant for airborne traffic, where there is no ads-b coverage and it helps to see traffic crossing the oceans for instance.
If it helps to detect traffic at gates, and will therefore improve offline learning, I don't know, we will see.

after this update...

-    planes disappear for seconds and reappear, even if the vector line has not disappeared on the realtraffic radar screen.
-    Planes used to have a lot of data: heading, speed, altitude, qnh, etc...now they only show one or two. What happened to the "Data label picker" option? 
-    When taking off the planes are magically frozen in their line up, but in real traffic they do take off. 
-    the same thing happens with landing, PSX makes them disappear before the touchdown or even when they have touched the ground 
-    Vectors are sometimes frozen before landing. On FR24 the plane arrive in gcxo and even go to its gate. On realtraffic, the line get frozen before touchdown.

-for example: an iberia landed in GCTS, but before making the touchdown, it went many feet up, after floating and after fell directly on the taxl line.

-some planes move with its tails. in the oppsite sense.

- Being an update, where it is emphasized that the coverage data is expanded...why do I see the opposite? A year ago I was enjoying traffic on GCXO, GCLP, GCTS...and now it's a constant flicker.

Sorry but this is what is happening right now after the update.

Edited by abranpuko
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, abranpuko said:

after this update...

-    planes disappear for seconds and reappear, even if the vector line has not disappeared on the realtraffic radar screen.
-    Planes used to have a lot of data: heading, speed, altitude, qnh, etc...now they only show one or two. What happened to the "Data label picker" option? 
-    When taking off the planes are magically frozen in their line up, but in real traffic they do take off. 
-    the same thing happens with landing, PSX makes them disappear before the touchdown or even when they have touched the ground 
-    Vectors are sometimes frozen before landing. On FR24 the plane arrive in gcxo and even go to its gate. On realtraffic, the line get frozen before touchdown.

-for example: an iberia landed in GCTS, but before making the touchdown, it went many feet up, after floating and after fell directly on the taxl line.

-some planes move with its tails. in the oppsite sense.

- Being an update, where it is emphasized that the coverage data is expanded...why do I see the opposite? A year ago I was enjoying traffic on GCXO, GCLP, GCTS...and now it's a constant flicker.

Sorry but this is what is happening right now after the update.

I think this is particular for GCTS, with the new data source.

At KSEA, EHAM, and so everything looks fine and smooth. At those airports the other two data sources are being used (RT uses three).

Experience it yourself, I'd say.

Edited by kiek

47 minutes ago, kiek said:

I think this is particular for GCTS, with the new data source.

At KSEA, EHAM, and so everything looks fine and smooth. At those airports the other two data sources are being used (RT uses three).

Experience it yourself, I'd say.

Yes, on year ago GCTS was wonderfull. Full of planes on ground and taking off. 

Why do i have to fly in KSEA if i want to fly in GCTS?

in other words: who did choose that EHAM data is neccesary and not GCTS? why if one year before we all were on the same row?

So, am i paying 20 euros for this?

I Have sent you a private message, just because i talked with Balthasar and he asked me for some things.

thanks.

Edited by abranpuko
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, abranpuko said:

Yes, on year ago GCTS was wonderfull. Full of planes on ground and taking off. 

Why do i have to fly in KSEA if i want to fly in GCTS?

in other words: who did choose that EHAM data is neccesary and not GCTS? why if one year before we all were on the same row?

So, am i paying 20 euros for this?

I Have sent you a private message, just because i talked with Balthasar and he asked me for some things.

thanks.

Your getting emotional. You are not paying me anything. 

39 minutes ago, kiek said:

Your getting emotional. You are not paying me anything. 

Sorry Nico, I was referring to the fact that we are paying twenty euros per month, (with great pleasure) for Realtraffic, (not for PSXT) but the product we receive is unfortunately worse since its update.

On the other hand, I am emotional, thank god. I couldn't bear to write without passion. I hope it doesn't lead to misunderstandings.

Please keep in mind that just because only 4 have written having problems, does not mean that only 4 have it.

On previous occasions, with other problems, it was like this. Our intention is to help and provide information about the operation of Realtraffic and/or PSXT when it goes wrong, as well as tell you when it goes well.

At least, on my part, there is no intention of giving out passionate cries without content.

I hope you can understand us. Thank you.

Edited by abranpuko
  • Upvote 3

If it's a new server that has created such a chaos, why not to disable this server and return the situation back to how it was a week ago? 
It's clearly RT issue all over the place. In this light, I find it strange that RT still does not have its own support forum. 

So, the question is simple - is there a light at the end of the tunnel OR it's how it supposed to be from now on? If there is a light, so we would really appreciate if either Nico or Balthasar let us know, how long it would take to fix the issue.
Edited by G-YMML1

1 hour ago, Robert_LH said:

Count me in as number 5. 

No I've already counted you as nr 3... 😉 

46 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

If it's a new server that has created such a chaos, why not to disable this server and return the situation back to how it was a week ago? 
It's clearly RT issue all over the place. In this light, I find it strange that RT still does not have its own support forum. 

So, the question is simple - is there a light at the end of the tunnel OR it's how it supposed to be from now on? If there is a light, so we would really appreciate if either Nico or Balthasar let us know, how long it would take to fix the issue.

Don't expect ETA's from me, I have no part in it.

My input - the airports I frequent.

KHPN (  Air and Ground ) are no worse than before and KLGA  ( air and ground ) slight anomalies but overall seems good. 

Edited by jd559