Sign in to follow this  
AeroMaster12

RealTraffic v10 Stable Released

It looks like "third" server is currently disconnected as all the ground traffic from newly adopted airports disappeared (KDTW, KIAH, KMIA), i.e. there is no ground traffic at all. Back to square 1. At least, we would enjoy again  what we had a week ago.  

I am at KHOU right now which never had that great of quality but it is now much worse. My observation set 4 hours back. Aircraft land then stop and disappear. Sometime later they may reappear and taxi to a gate. Every departing aircraft just suddenly appeared near the runway would taxi onto the runway, freeze, and then disappear.

32 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

It looks like "third" server is currently disconnected as all the ground traffic from newly adopted airports disappeared (KDTW, KIAH, KMIA), i.e. there is no ground traffic at all. Back to square 1. At least, we would enjoy again  what we had a week ago.  

Confirmed, I was testing also KIAH and it is a ghost airport, very poor traffic and as soon they land 2 seconds later disappeared.

That data source is disconnected. I received the below from Balthasar a few hours ago:

"I have now deactivated the new source for ground traffic, it's been causing too many problems unfortunately.

I'm still working on getting better data, but that will take a little bit of time, a few weeks perhaps."

• Like 1

Yes, Balthasar has disabled that source below 5000ft. It's still good enough for use enroute for off-shore data.

On 11/7/2023 at 2:28 PM, abranpuko said:

after this update...

-    planes disappear for seconds and reappear, even if the vector line has not disappeared on the realtraffic radar screen.
-    Planes used to have a lot of data: heading, speed, altitude, qnh, etc...now they only show one or two. What happened to the "Data label picker" option? 
-    When taking off the planes are magically frozen in their line up, but in real traffic they do take off. 
-    the same thing happens with landing, PSX makes them disappear before the touchdown or even when they have touched the ground 
-    Vectors are sometimes frozen before landing. On FR24 the plane arrive in gcxo and even go to its gate. On realtraffic, the line get frozen before touchdown.

-for example: an iberia landed in GCTS, but before making the touchdown, it went many feet up, after floating and after fell directly on the taxl line.

-some planes move with its tails. in the oppsite sense.

- Being an update, where it is emphasized that the coverage data is expanded...why do I see the opposite? A year ago I was enjoying traffic on GCXO, GCLP, GCTS...and now it's a constant flicker.

Sorry but this is what is happening right now after the update.

The same thing happens to me in LEBL for example. with update 4.0.0

In previous updates it was fantastic.

10 minutes ago, Juanra100 said:

The same thing happens to me in LEBL for example. with update 4.0.0

In previous updates it was fantastic.

I am sorry but I don't see that at LEBL. Aircraft taxi, take-off and land normally.

The only problem: Sometimes an aircraft disappears after landing. But that has always be the case. It is caused by the switch from airborne traffic to ground traffic in RT, that takes too long. You may see the aircraft reappear a minute or so later at a further distance.

It has nothing to do with my updates. It is caused by irregularities in RT.

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, kiek said:

I am sorry but I don't see that at LEBL. Aircraft taxi, take-off and land normally.

The only problem: Sometimes an aircraft disappears after landing. But that has always be the case. It is caused by the switch from airborne traffic to ground traffic in RT, that takes too long. You may see the aircraft reappear a minute or so later at a further distance.

It has nothing to do with my updates. It is caused by irregularities in RT.

Wait - so have the issues on the RT side been resolved? Are we back in business?

2 minutes ago, jd559 said:

Wait - so have the issues on the RT side been resolved? Are we back in business?

I think so, appears to be working much better now.

56 minutes ago, Noncon said:

I think so, appears to be working much better now.

That is great to hear! Will give it a go!

KHPN - air traffic seems good, there is some ground traffic but acting erratic. Guess Balthasar still needs to iron out some kinks

Edited by jd559

11 hours ago, jd559 said:

I am not sure, yesterday at KMSP all  traffic suddenly disappeared to return minutes later. Same at KSLC...

Are there more places where you guys that have seen this? 

Nico