Sign in to follow this  
AeroMaster12

RealTraffic v10 Stable Released

It appears there are also a problems with QNH not available or not broadcast for some traffic...in addition to the obvious other issues with RT data.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I there are new weather settings in RT10, such as "inject advanced weather". Maybe checking this in would help. Haven't tried it myself yet.

I have developed my own "common sense" rule for RT10 now. Look at the radar. and if freezing time - interval for a moving plane is less than or equal to 4 seconds, than RT works ok. Everything that is greater than 4 seconds creates abnormalities in the sim. 

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

I there are new weather settings in RT10, such as "inject advanced weather". Maybe checking this in would help. Haven't tried it myself yet.

Not sure about that...from the RT web page:

"Configuring RealTraffic for use

If you're running PSXT (with P3D, FSX, or MSFS), all options will have been properly pre-configured, no further action from you is required." It defaulted to off, however I didn't delete the RT ini file so maybe a fresh ini would default differently. In any case I have no idea what that setting does or whether it has any use with PSXTraffic/MSFS.

I can't find any information specific to that option indicating when it should or shouldn't be selected.

EDIT:

I'm watching traffic at KSEA and have no floating aircraft ("inject advanced weather" on and off makes no difference). Approximately 10 aircraft lined up to depart 16L with reasonably realistic taxi movements and takeoffs.

LOTS of KSEA departures today around 08:00 local! WOW, KSEA is a great airport to spot in the a.m. - the airport is a compact footprint, with all three runways on the same side of the terminal, so you can see all departures and arrivals very easily.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

When I asked Balthasar about the new options in RT, this is what he replied:

"These options are currently only supported by PSX (the Aerowinx 747-400 sim). Nico's PSXT does not yet support these I'm afraid. He started looking into this some time ago, but hasn't made any headway yet as I understand. MSFS doesn't seem to publicly support a weather interface.

But that's unfortunately outside my expertise."

Edited by mmcmah

2 minutes ago, vhaaland said:

Seems a new update of RT v 10 is live

What do you meant? I'm at work, cannot access RT.

9 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

What do you meant? I'm at work, cannot access RT.

Simply that a new version point update 10.0.246 loaded into cache. Don't know what has been changed.

Edited by vhaaland

At SEQM (on of my favourite spotting places) there have not been ground traffic for a while. After v. 10, there is ground traffic, but it is off both laterally and vertically. Seems like bad ADSB streams with not exact coordinates have been added. They also come in too high.

Edited by vhaaland

I see no changes. My "problematic" airports (KDTW, ESSA, ENGM) are still suffering from bad signal from RT. All the others are pretty much the same. 

4 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

No that will not help.

16 hours ago, somiller said:

I'm watching traffic at KSEA and have no floating aircraft ("inject advanced weather" on and off makes no difference). Approximately 10 aircraft lined up to depart 16L with reasonably realistic taxi movements and takeoffs.

LOTS of KSEA departures today around 08:00 local! WOW, KSEA is a great airport to spot in the a.m. - the airport is a compact footprint, with all three runways on the same side of the terminal, so you can see all departures and arrivals very easily.

Yes KSEA is very good, like always. There is no change in data sources for that airport; that new -problematic- third one is not neeeded/applied there.

Edited by kiek

I just saw the same picture with one (live) plane on a top of another in LSZH. 

Edited by G-YMML1

2 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

I just saw the same picture with one (live) plane on a top of another in LSZH. 

Right after snapping that pic I looked away...it was an intimate moment so I wanted to give them some privacy.

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1