Sign in to follow this  
AeroMaster12

RealTraffic v10 Stable Released

9 hours ago, james_d said:

Anyone seeing issues of rogue taxiing planes? I’ve seen a BA and Norwegian plane at East mids taxiing around the terminal. Similar with a Ryanair in the wrong place at Koln. Anyone else seeing similar? Assume it’s caused by RT 

Yep, me too at EMA. The aircraft is not always the same airline (I have seen DHL/ASL and Ryanair), but it is usually a B738. It appears just a little south of stand 4.

I must admit, I am getting more and more disappointed with the quality of RT. It seems to be getting worse, very different from a few months ago. I hope a solution is found soon.

Edited by Harrier77
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K, XMP OC | GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti 11GB | MoBo:  ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit | RAM: 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 | HD: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 3TB HDD | MSFS 2020

Yes, RT is definitely not getting better. We;re losing some airports completely (KIAH was ok just 2 months ago) and quality of signal for others isn't improving to say at least.

• Upvote 1

Me too.All very disappointing.Until the latest update everything was working fine-now all sorts of issues-as with others, aircrft appearing from nowhere on the ground and disappearing into the distance, aircraft appearing and disappearing while taxiing or at holding point, some aircraft lining up and appearing to be stuck then disappearing, some airports with plenty of ground parked traffic but few actual movements etc etc. Such a shame given how it was.Subscription renews in March-have to seriously consider if worth renewing again unless things improve.

Ian

Anyone recall why a change was made in the first place that took us down this road?  If it was working fine before, why mess with the RT servers?  Was it a forced thing?

1 hour ago, mikeklimek said:

Was it a forced thing?

What do you think? 

11 minutes ago, kiek said:

What do you think? 

We don't think of it. We just need some sort of roadmap/vision of RT improvements from Balthasar. Simply speaking, does RT has any future in 2024?  Things were really good in 2022 and then they went downward in a second half of 2023. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

We don't think of it. We just need some sort of roadmap/vision of RT improvements from Balthasar. Simply speaking, does RT has any future in 2024?  Things were really good in 2022 and then they went downward in a second half of 2023. 

That was meant cynical... Of course he did not  mess with servers! One of his subcontracters delivering ground traffic data stopped.

Please ask  Balthasar what the future will bring, I don't know.

He is on holiday till Jan 6th, so you better wait a while mailing him.

In the mean time there are several major airports that are full of ground traffic. And do remember airborne traffic is not effected. It is as good as in 2022. So make a flight from EGLL to EHAM, or from KSEA to KORD, or from  KORD to KBOS, or ... There are still several very good flights to enjoy.

14 hours ago, ianc said:

Subscription renews in March-have to seriously consider if worth renewing again unless things improve.

Me too.

11 hours ago, kiek said:

And do remember airborne traffic is not effected

This maybe so, but ground traffic is equally important, and in some circumstances more so.

11 hours ago, kiek said:

He is on holiday till Jan 6th, so you better wait a while mailing him.

A RT forum would be a very good idea rather than relying on individual direct email. I will suggest this to Balthasar in January.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K, XMP OC | GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti 11GB | MoBo:  ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit | RAM: 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 | HD: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 3TB HDD | MSFS 2020

19 hours ago, ianc said:

Subscription renews in March-have to seriously consider if worth renewing again unless things improve.

I just renewed before the holidays, but I must admit that I seriously considered not renewing ...

We'll see how things work out in the new year, but I'm not too hopeful.

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

5 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

I just renewed before the holidays, but I must admit that I seriously considered not renewing ...

We'll see how things work out in the new year, but I'm not too hopeful.

My annual renewal is coming up in about three weeks. I'm not sure if I'm going to renew.

I find that the ground traffic is even more important to me than the airborne traffic. As I don't generally fly published routes, I don't necessarily run into a ton of traffic while airborne, until approach.

Balthasar is very responsive when you email him directly, but it would be better if there were a way for him to provide development/troubleshooting information as it changes. I feel bad for Nico that he keeps having to respond to these queries about RT data!

Let's see if anything changes here in January.

• Like 4