Sign in to follow this  
SAS443

Gamereactor interview with Jorg Neumann

the all new pebbles edition, miles-stones ahead of the competition. 

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 5

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

1 minute ago, Lucky38i said:

Then you got the usual crowd

just stumbled in here, came from the SU14-beta-pub. hicks. 

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

4 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

It's honestly kind of funny how binary some simmers are. Like if Jorg talks about the ground detail in FS24, that somehow means that is the only thing that they've focused on. To them, the company consist of a singular jack-of-all-trades team, and that team only does one thing at a time. Then you got the usual crowd that get laser-focused on this excerpt and use it as some kind of "gotcha" that the Asobo teams have their priorities all out of order and of course steer the conversation into the usual squabble. Critical thinking just leaves the door I guess.

No, it is exciting and just shows the level of detail they are after, but most of us (if not all) are just having a bit of fun I think.  :smile:

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, bobcat999 said:

No, it is exciting and just shows the level of detail they are after, but most of us (if not all) are just having a bit of fun I think.  :smile:

Oh by all means, I can tell who's having a laugh lol, your comment about accuRocks gave me a good chuckle.

• Like 3

pebbles 2024, early beta preview

NZA-Simulations-NZMF-Screenshots-for-Mil

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2

very nice.

14 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

It's honestly kind of funny how binary some simmers are. Like if Jorg talks about the ground detail in FS24, that somehow means that is the only thing that they've focused on. To them, the company consist of a singular jack-of-all-trades team, and that team only does one thing at a time. Then you got the usual crowd that get laser-focused on this excerpt and use it as some kind of "gotcha" that the Asobo teams have their priorities all out of order and of course steer the conversation into the usual squabble. Critical thinking just leaves the door I guess.

Anyway, to focus on the subject of the interview, this kind of detail is really exciting to hear and can be really advantageous to some of us VFR fliers that so very much appreciate identifiable landscapes without having to purchase numerous region packs. Eager to hear even more details about FS24.

...or it could be people just being facetious, not everything in life has to be stern serious 24/7 😉

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

double post

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

9 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

Anyway, to focus on the subject of the interview, this kind of detail is really exciting to hear and can be really advantageous to some of us VFR fliers that so very much appreciate identifiable landscapes without having to purchase numerous region packs. Eager to hear even more details about FS24.

That’s for sure not the only thing they are working on. But mentionning such details speaks volume. They want to attract even more « gamers » who don’t really care about core-aviation. No mention so far about stuff who really matters like correct dynamics during stormy weather or the simulation of density-altitude. Or what about 3D-weather-radars? But I was expecting that tbh…

• Upvote 3

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

1 minute ago, MarcG said:

...or it could be people just being facetious, not everything in life has to be stern serious 24/7 😉

6 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

That’s for sure not the only thing they are working on. But mentionning such details speaks volume. They want to attract even more « gamers » who don’t really care about core-aviation. No mention so far about stuff who really matters like correct dynamics during stormy weather or the simulation of density-altitude. Or what about 3D-weather-radars? But I was expecting that tbh…

I guess your idea of a "core-aviation" differs. For VFR flight this kind of stuff is pretty important when you're flying to atypical destinations. Also, why would Jorg discuss the most exciting things this early out from release? He's been drip feeding us inconsequential information for a while now.

*edit

Just because Jorg doesn't discuss the feature that's important to you, when you want it. Doesn't automatically dictate anything really, it's simple marketing.

Edited by Lucky38i
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, turbomax said:

the all new pebbles edition, miles-stones ahead of the competition. 

We will leave no stone unturned. MSFS 2024 will rock your world!

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

I guess your idea of a "core-aviation" differs. For VFR flight this kind of stuff is pretty important

My « idea » of core-aviation is based on me flying VFR in real. But thank you; i’ve learned now that pebbles under water are important. I will try to pay attention to them next time i’m flying 🙏

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

3 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

My « idea » of core-aviation is based on me flying VFR in real. But thank you; i’ve learned now that pebbles under water are important. I will try to pay attention to them next time i’m flying 🙏

I'd hope you'd at least understand the main point here is that we're getting much improved TLODs, or is it better to be pedantic and get angry over having more detailed pebbles?

• Like 12

Racing Sims; first thing I do, turn off 3d rendered grass
MSFS2024; first thing I'll do, turn off 3d rendered pebbles

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

We will leave no stone unturned. MSFS 2024 will rock your world!

two birds with one pebble stone.

let him who is free of bugs cast the first pebble stone. 

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2

very nice.