Sign in to follow this  
SAS443

Gamereactor interview with Jorg Neumann

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

2 days? that's funtastic. my install was already over after only 2 hours.

Yep... worst part is that it's not my internet, it just seems to be the MS servers. I dread whenever there is a big update out :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, V1ROTA7E said:

if they're paying that much attention to detail, it's going to be a feast for the eyes.

since Joerg compared MSFS 2024's new scenery quality to Forza 5:

forzahorizon5xmf27.jpg

forzahorizon5cywcat.jpg

and the Premium Deluxe edition: now with pebbles & puddles:

forzahorizon5blgcy3.jpg

now that the Forza 5 team is finished, there is plenty talent available to help out with MSFS/Asobo 2024 team. this will also bring unprecedented new income streams to 3rd party scenery designers. all your 3rd party airports: all new and improved 2024 editions.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 5

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

21 minutes ago, turbomax said:

fine, how about some wodka or whiskey instead.

Sure, that's not a problem according to my doctor 😀

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

1 minute ago, turbomax said:

since Joerg compared MSFS 2024's new scenery quality to Forza 5:

forzahorizon5xmf27.jpg

^^Live weather looks better in FH5...

🙊

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 minute ago, F737MAX said:

^^Live weather looks better in FH5...

bet they don't have lightning in clear skies 😄

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

Just now, MarcG said:

bet they don't have lightning in clear skies 😄

It's OK now, Asobo fixed it so we don't get lightning in storms either! 👌

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

MSFS has the best default G1000, G3000, G5000, GNS 430, and GNS 530 for a civilian flight simulator. 

Not only default. Default and payware.

• Like 3

So MSFS 2024 seems to get a "killer" for the older generation of Graphiccards, so most of us probably get forced to order new Rigs..🤪

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Franz007 said:

That’s not exactly what I said. I said that out of a few of great functionalities we had before, they didn’t offered it. Not everything, but some that for many users are quite important. That’s why - from my perspective and experience with sims - i have considered it as a step back (that the visuals could not compensate). 

Quoting you again exactly:

Yes what a shame. Competitors improved flight dynamics/inertia, offered 3D-weather-radars or worked on requirements for FAA-certification. And MSFS has none of them to offer but built-in-arcade-races.

Not even considering 2024, with MSFS as it stands currently and all of its tech in the FDE, atmospheric airflow modelling, weather, and of course world depiction and visuals, the total package of those far surpasses anything else out there for me so much so that it happens to be the only sim I use. Always looking to see what others offer, but right now there is just nothing nearly as compelling. The base sim as it stands with all its tech, combined with default aircraft like the 787, CJ4, etc and of course stellar 3rd party payware like the Fenix, PMDG, JustFlight/BSTBM850, FSReborn FSR500, Milviz C310, etc etc is the total package. They all have excellent FMs, systems, and avionics. Heck we even have an IRL 787 captain on this forum who says the default 787 is best simulated 787 he's ever used, and that's just one example of many IRL pilots who've lauded various aircraft. MSFS provides the SDK and toolbox, and its the aircraft developers who ultimately determine the quality of the FM of those specific birds. In MSFS's case they're also lucky to have the WT folks, Seb, the ex-IL2 lead flight dynamics guy, etc to also build up an excellent default fleet of aircraft/helis in terms of FMs/avionics/systems.

The issues in the core sim around ground handling, lacking of tiltable 3D weather radar (it *does* have 3D weather radar), and not being FAA certified (most of that is all about the hardware and doesn't say much about the sim, but I get why a certain few of you would keep harping on that), does not at all make enough of a dent in that total package to make it less appealing to me and many others. No wonder then why on the last Navigraph survey a great majority of participants who voted that the two most important factors for flight simming were flight realism and world depiction realism, *also* voted for MSFS as their most used sim by a wide margin. And I look forward to what's coming in 2024 on all fronts, because unlike my previous years of simming where I accepted compromises in one area or another, MSFS has spoiled me into requiring competence and excellence in *all* areas of simming ..from visuals to flight dynamics to avionics and on and on.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

15 minutes ago, fsiscool said:

Not only default. Default and payware.

Yup, I believe for the G3000 and G5000, there isn't even a better payware version out there for any flight simulator, than the one in MSFS. For the G1000, I am not so sure. For the GNS 430 and GNS 530, I think there is a better payware version out there.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

7 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Not even considering 2024, with MSFS as it stands currently and all of its tech in the FDE, atmospheric airflow modelling, weather, and of course world depiction and visuals, the total package of those far surpasses anything else out there for me so much so that it happens to be the only sim I use. Always looking to see what others offer, but right now there is just nothing nearly as compelling. The base sim as it stands with all its tech, combined with default aircraft like the 787, CJ4, etc and of course stellar 3rd party payware like the Fenix, PMDG, FSR500, JustFlight/BSTBM850, FSReborn FSR500, Milviz C310, etc etc is the total package. They all have excellent FMs, systems, and avionics.

I think you don't have to justify yourself for your choices. It's perfectly fine if you value different things than others do. I have a different opinion than yours because obviously i value other things that aren't important for you. For me "the total package" isn't one if it doesn't offer many of the functionalities other sims offer. That said i am potentially interested in 2024 and that's the reason why i follow this forum. But i am quite skeptical after having seen Asobo's behaviour and approach in the past 3,5 years. And if i should use 2024 one day i want them to make it at least as good as everything we have in actual sims.

• Upvote 1

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

About the pebbles, well, it’s good for everybody actually. It might mean 2024 will have bathymetry implemented. 

And like others said, context is important. If want to know more about the core features you need to read interviews on specialized pages. This one is a game page. And no, more gamers coming to the hobby isn’t a bad thing.

• Like 3

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

12 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

I think you don't have to justify yourself for your choices. It's perfectly fine if you value different things than others do. I have a different opinion than yours because obviously i value other things that aren't important for you. For me "the total package" isn't one if it doesn't offer many of the functionalities other sims offer.

Not justifying lol, just responding to your typical spiel about MSFS being arcade-y or whatever.. and yup, tilting 3D radar and "FAA-certification" is not as important to me as it's apparently to you. If that's your list of "what we had before" that's now missing in MSFS then sure. But your narrative about flight dynamics also being on that list is nonsense, and falls flat on its face given the state of MSFS today along with both its default and 3rd payware aircraft choices.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 6

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD