Sign in to follow this  
SAS443

Gamereactor interview with Jorg Neumann

7 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

It's no problem.  Rex will be bringing out AccuRocks2024.  Not only can these be re-coloured per region but you can pick 75% or 50% size.  No big deal.
The Ultimate edition will give you rocks and pebbles to the horizon so you don't get pop-in!

On a more serious note, this is one way to judge MSFS2024 when it is released, based on how many add-ons we need or don't need to improve things. 
I am hoping next to zero if they get it right.

REX is dead to me. I sleep well at night, knowing they will never get another penny from me.

• Like 3

Eric 

5 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

the Swedish main registry office wanted SEK 25 million in payment to let us use the country's own maps,

this kinda "stuff" is disgusting gov't over-reach.

The work has already been paid for through taxes - give it back to the taxpayers in a useable, enjoyable form.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, B777ER said:

REX is dead to me. I sleep well at night, knowing they will never get another penny from me.

OK.  I was only joking about AccuRocks.  As far as I know they have no plans to develop this, so please sleep even better Eric! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Always suspected this, a unified world engine/simulator that can also be used for train/boat/driving sims and applications beyond simming. But for the kind of details (like Forza Horizon) at ground level on a world scale, maybe the tech and cloud infrastructure still needs a few years, but also could be possible now with cloud storage coupled with generative AI.. in any case MS certainly must have bigger plans in mind for the digital earth they've created for MSFS.

An interesting aspect is that "World Simulator" was exactly how it got (re)started. I.e., MS/Asobo didn't set off to re-start FS, they were doing a tech demo of scenery simulation and then...the light went off in their heads.

Can't remember the article to cite, but it's out there...

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Not justifying lol, just responding to your typical spiel about MSFS being arcade-y or whatever.. and yup, tilting 3D radar and "FAA-certification" is not as important to me as it's apparently to you. If that's your list of "what we had before" that's now missing in MSFS then sure. But your narrative about flight dynamics also being on that list is nonsense, and falls flat on its face given the state of MSFS today along with both its default and 3rd payware aircraft choices.

Nice irony, written in the very thread about Asobo explaining wanting to compete with a racing video-game and showing underwater-pebbles...

Another funny thing: exactly today, as we got that link about Asobo talking about "underwater-pebbles" as published in a game-magazine, anothee sim released a new version with improved engine-models, better landing gear physics (Wheel Inertia, Weld Modeling and ABS Revisions) and a new fuel temperature model.

I think there is no better way of showcasing the different audiences. That's why i wrote that you obviously don't have the same expectations. If for you, being able to avoid flying into CB's with the help of a 3D weather-radar isn't important. Or if missing (dangerous) turbulence's in stormy-clouds isn't important, this only confirms what i previously said about different interests. I kindly disagree about the physics, since there is still a very major flaw: the bad modeled inertia (beside the ground-behaviour). But i assume it's one of the points you also don't care about. That's fine. Again: each one of us has different interests.

Edited by Franz007
  • Like 2

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

29 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

they were doing a tech demo of scenery simulation and then...the light went off in their heads.

Thanks for that info i wasn't aware of. Suddenly everything starts to make sense 🙂

• Like 1

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

50 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

Your comment must be some kind of irony, written in the very thread about Asobo explaining wanting to compete with a racing video-game and showing underwater-pebbles...

Another funny thing: exactly today, as we got that link about Asobo talking about "underwater-pebbles" as published in a game-magazine ... 

Oh the irony is all yours lol. Keep trying, keep reaching, keep conflating, in your desperate attempts to push the same old narratives.. all based on an interview that MS gave to a Swedish gaming magazine, about their recent world update to Sweden.

I see you're now reaching even more: Jorg mentions he wants MSFS topographic fidelity to be similar to MS's Forza Horizon 5, and you spin that as "Asobo explaining wanting to compete with a racing video-game and showing underwater-pebbles😂 Clearly you seem intent on continuing to make a fool of yourself.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 11

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

5 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Keep trying, keep reaching, keep conflating, in your desperate attempts to push the same old narratives

Well, he does have a very valid point about the improvements in the other sim published today. I agree the whole pebbles thing is blown out of proportion in this thread, but I would sure like to read about Asobo doing major improvements to the MSFS physics. I trust this will come soon enough though.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

58 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Well, he does have a very valid point about the improvements in the other sim published today. I agree the whole pebbles thing is blown out of proportion in this thread, but I would sure like to read about Asobo doing major improvements to the MSFS physics. I trust this will come soon enough though.

Not gonna bother to discuss the other sim (as much he would like to bring attention to it here lol), and the mods frown upon cross-sim discussion in these forums 🙂 

MS/Asobo said they won't go into more details about v2024 until next Spring, but I guess bits of info will leak out here and there before that hopefully. All that we know so far about improvements to physics and other areas are contained here per what I've posted before (from their FSExpo presentation and interviews to various outlets then): 
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/639272-gamereactor-interview-with-jorg-neumann/?do=findComment&comment=5028712

Seb starts talking about the v2024 physics/aerodynamics engine at this timestamp (and this is just a preliminary teaser from this past June): 

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 6

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

3 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

An interesting aspect is that "World Simulator" was exactly how it got (re)started. I.e., MS/Asobo didn't set off to re-start FS, they were doing a tech demo of scenery simulation and then...the light went off in their heads.

Can't remember the article to cite, but it's out there...

I've set the video to start at the point where Jorge and others begin to talk about this:

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

6 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

the Swedish main registry office wanted SEK 25 million in payment to let us use the country's own maps,

SEK 25 million plus $ 99,- for MSFS2024.

that comes down to a total of SEK 25.000.099,- a piece for MSFS2024 for the Swedish main registry office, for the Swedish Deluxe Premium edition. includes 12 months free game pass. 🤣

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

1 hour ago, Franz007 said:

Suddenly everything starts to make sense

The desperation is so real

• Like 6

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

The future of flight simulation is bright 🤩 I welcome all the tech planned. Visual and FM wise.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

People are getting too hung up on the pebbles, they're probably not individually modelled. Most likely a high res procedurally generated texture, maybe with parallax mapping.

Artists working on stuff like that is not taking dev resources away from aerodynamics and physics systems. Texture artists aren't programmers.

3 hours ago, pmplayer said:

So MSFS 2024 seems to get a "killer" for the older generation of Graphiccards, so most of us probably get forced to order new Rigs..🤪

cheers 😉

It's still has to run on current gen X-Box consoles, so the requirements can't be increasing that much.

It's more likely they've optimized the the sim a lot more.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1