Sign in to follow this  
SAS443

Gamereactor interview with Jorg Neumann

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

Then you'll reap the rewards with the language and attitude you use in this MSFS forum.

Not getting any less scary, my dude.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

This is after people like @lwt1971 have corrected Franz007 multiple times

He didn’t correct me. He simply expressed a different opinion and made many codescendant remarks that you found great and support. Such disrespectful behaviour should not be allowed in a forum imho.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

The forums really do get filled with pointless and bad spirited 'bickering' lately rather than reasoned conversation. 
I notice most of the 'arguing' in the threads tends to be between: -

Group 1:  People highly critical of MSFS; some are obvious trolls, but some are also genuinely frustrated users, and

Group 2:  Avid supporters of MSFS who cannot tolerate any criticism of MSFS whatsoever.

Most of us are outside of these groups and are in the 80% middle. 
We love the sim and fly it regularly, and are very grateful for the free updates and new features, but we are also saddened by the regressions and lack of communication on issues we report on (like the tile issues etc.), and waiting for critical core issues to be addressed that should be at the forefront of any flight simulator.  I won't list them here again, we all know them.

Unfortunately, for those of us in the 80% group that do raise issues, we run the risk of getting classed as 'Group 1', by those that are in ''Group 2', and this goes on ad infinitum - it takes up quite a lot of real estate in the various threads.  Human nature always seems to want to polarise things into black and white, and not want to realise there is a great big grey blob in the middle.

I think what I am getting at is, why don't people just lighten up a bit and not get so offended over other peoples opinions?  Is it that hard?

Other than the odd personal attack, I have not once seen any comment on here that I cannot tolerate.  And I have never once had to block anyone.  I do worry about peoples stress levels.  Just let it flow, and try not to be so reactive over what are just pixels on a screen .  Anyway, the weekend is coming, and I will be joining turbo going over at the SU14 bar for a tequila, while resetting my assistance settings one last time (hopefully).  :biggrin:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 9

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

9 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

and I will be joining turbo going over at the SU14 bar for a tequila, while resetting my assistance settings one last time (hopefully). 

you beat me to it, I had just ordered 2 drinks.

btw: I wouldn't believe it, but with only 3 addons left in COMMUNITY, my ASSISTANCE settings are preserved.

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

8 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I think what I am getting at is, why don't people just lighten up a bit and not get so offended over other peoples opinions?  Is it that hard?

Totally agree with everything you've said Bob, but, to quote that one line that is the internet in nutshell. Forums have been the same since their invention in the 1990s, social media has only made it worse via the ease of use, ergo nothings gonna change unfortunately as the human brain hasn't evolved enough so that everyone can be civil all the time. The mods can only do so much thread clearance & banning, eventually the cycle begins again and we're back where we started.

These days I look at this way;

• Trolls; Obvious ones are to be laughed at because they waste their time hating on something that doesn't affect them but only for the glee at getting under the skin of the...
  • White Knights; They bury their heads in the sand, throw rose petals at the feet of whoever or whomever they are admiring and damned be fooled if they're gonna sit quietly whilst the Trolls have a feed (the cycle!)
  • The Rest Of Us; time for a cuppa tea 🙂
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Every single person in this 9 page thread about pebbles is guilty. It's pathetic. 

I tend to agree with what you say about the current faults with the sim - it's right, but I can't agree with this comment.  Are you missing the ironic humour?

With everything else going on and needing fixing, a lot of us are just having a bit of fun about Jorg getting overly enthusiastic about seeing pebbles under the water in MSFS2024 - it is funny! :biggrin:

• Like 2

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

8 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

With everything else going on and needing fixing, a lot of us are just having a bit of fun about Jorg getting overly enthusiastic about seeing pebbles under the water in MSFS2024 - it is funny! :biggrin:

I don't know, I think it's pretty nice feature, and if it's mostly free and improves the scenery at ground level (or water level) then why not? The idea can be extended to other areas, such as landing on sand banks in a river in Alaska, or seeing rocks etc on the sides of mountains, far better than just flat ortho textures, especially in VR.

Some people get super enthusiastic over flight dynamics, physics changes etc (that most mere mortals like myself don't really understand or would notice on a PC), whilst others prefer the visual part of flight (what is outside the window), and this doesn't mean any one feature is more important than the other, and absolutely depends upon who you ask.

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I tend to agree with what you say about the current faults with the sim - it's right, but I can't agree with this comment.  Are you missing the ironic humour?

In amongst the humour is the normal squabbling. This place was never this bad ten years ago, never mind 20 year ago. It’s progressively getting worse. It’s turning in to Facebook. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, tonywob said:

I don't know, I think it's pretty nice feature, and if it's mostly free and improves the scenery at ground level (or water level) then why not? The idea can be extended to other areas, such as landing on sand banks in a river in Alaska, or seeing rocks etc on the sides of mountains, far better than just flat ortho textures, especially in VR.

Some people get super enthusiastic over flight dynamics, physics changes etc (that most mere mortals like myself don't really understand or would notice on a PC), whilst others prefer the visual part of flight (what is outside the window), and this doesn't mean any one feature is more important than the other, and absolutely depends upon who you ask.

It is a nice feature without a doubt and will add to the visual realism.  I am not knocking it.  I am just laughing at Jorg's bubbling enthusiasm (which I admire) for this feature amongst the raft of issues that need attending to (as shown by their own lists).  

Let's make no mistake, while 2024 will have a new graphics features, it will still be an extension of MSFS2020 in effect, just one that they need to re-sell (no problem with that either).

I would just expect him to say "2024 - we have fixed ground handling / friction, no problem, and the tile swapping issues, and the server issues, and we have improvements for ATC, and AI traffic (no more Cessna's spinning on their roofs)" :biggrin:  While Jorg means well (and he really does), it just seems funny that the conversation, of all things, related to 'pebbles' :laugh:.  It tickled me.  Still, it sounds like we will be getting more 2024 info soon, which is exciting in itself.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

It is a nice feature without a doubt and will add to the visual realism.  I am not knocking it.  I am just laughing at Jorg's bubbling enthusiasm (which I admire) for this feature amongst the raft of issues that need attending to (as shown by their own lists).  

If this was a wide ranging interview about MSFS 2024 and Jorg kept yammering on about stuff like pebbles underwater I think there's good cause for saying what the h***?! and demanding substantive info on more important topics and issues that need attending to 🙂 ... here, he is doing an interview specifically about the Sweden world/graphics update, to a Swedish game mag, and the conversation only even went into v2024 at the end since they were talking specifically about topography (i.e. terrain graphics): https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/639272-gamereactor-interview-with-jorg-neumann/?do=findComment&comment=5028727

There's a lot of source material for comedy here and some good puns were delivered, and some chose to create a tempest in a teapot to push their usual talking points, and some chose to call them out in it 🙂 ... nothing unusual here, just usual forum ebbs and flows that one sees everywhere, not just avsim.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

This is an interesting topic as it again touches on what people want to see in their simulator! 

Hardcore real-world aviation examples

My grandfather stopped flying a few years ago. With Air Force background and then CPL, he spent his last flying years with an amphibian plane to visit as many lakes as possible, with a fishing rod stowed in the back. He was banned from one lake due to noise complaints. For him, flying was the key thing, but it was also about getting to the nature, relax and recreation. He would probably appreciate thousands of pebbles in the simulator to replicate that feel. Now if someone made a fishing add-on to MSFS, he would be hooked for sure. 

My flight instructor once told me that flying airliners in a simulator is not very realistic because you don’t have to deal with your airline’s layover policies, or when the refueling truck complains they have no deal with your company, but Mastercard works.

A local retired F-18 pilot wrote this year he got a complaint for killing a horse for flying too low too fast. Now there would be an interesting add-on…

…etc..

Sure, flying is flying and stories are stories, but I don’t wonder why it's not just flight model improvements, but also many graphical improvements and other “weird” add-ons that are made for MSFS, and why for many they increase realism while making it more memorable, and I just love that.

Edited by TuomasV
Typos
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, TuomasV said:

Now if someone made a fishing add-on to MSFS, he would be hooked for sure. 

Ba-dum, tish. 🙂

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Krakin said:

I'm just calling out the nonsense as I see it

Fine, I will remember that the next time you post something I might disagree with 😉 No nonsense uttered by Franz007 as far as I'm concerned. A different opinion is all I see.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

7 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Hey Rimshot. I generally respect your comments. But sorry, I have to side with Krakin on this one. Franz007 has a habit of coming to the MSFS forum and arguing in bad faith.

Howdy Abrams_tank, thanks for the compliment. I respect your comments too 🙂 But I respectfully disagree with what you say about Franz007. No bad faith there whatsoever as far as I'm concerned. Just passionate expression of a strong preference for another sim, while still trying to appreciate MSFS, as I interpret his comments. I don't see anything wrong in that and I certainly do not see a reason to post degrading comments because that opinion does not suite yours. Cheers!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

On 11/8/2023 at 5:18 PM, HiFlyer said:

The (kind of) unspoken truth, is that the community as a whole has shown it will never be satisfied.

we may be pilots, but first and foremost, we are humans.

over in our cozy beta pub, they are playing:

"that's just the way it is. some things will never change."

you're all are invited.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.