Sign in to follow this  
SAS443

Gamereactor interview with Jorg Neumann

If the pebbles example (being just one of many world improvements, I’m sure) is as described, and that means some bathymetry and better inland and coastal water treatment / colours, that’ll be motivation enough for me to buy.

Eventually, the marketplace is gonna run out of IFR airports and planes to offer. Making the world an immersive place to bush / VFR in, get out and have a wander / boat / camp in, opens up so many addon possibilities and makes a lot of sense for the long term viability of the platform.

And hopefully the ATC will stop asking me in my 152 to go to FL260. 

• Like 4

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

35 minutes ago, Krakin said:

The desperation is so real

Please stop with these boring degrading responses, note to all by the way. Oh, for the record, I'm on your 'side', MSFS user since eternity here. Yet I fail to see the point of this silly debating, having used other sims with pleasure.

Edited by Rimshot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

4 hours ago, turbomax said:

since Joerg compared MSFS 2024's new scenery quality to Forza 5:

and the Premium Deluxe edition: now with pebbles & puddles:

now that the Forza 5 team is finished, there is plenty talent available to help out with MSFS/Asobo 2024 team. this will also bring unprecedented new income streams to 3rd party scenery designers. all your 3rd party airports: all new and improved 2024 editions.

A lot of that is handcrafted though, no way to do that for the entire planet. I imagine there's a lot of procedural generation going on for 2024. Some of which we saw in the FS Expo 2023 presentation. 

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

It's still has to run on current gen X-Box consoles, so the requirements can't be increasing that much.

that's why they invented sliders and custom settings. BTW: many pc's around here are less powerful than x-box.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

A lot of that is handcrafted though, no way to do that for the entire planet. I imagine there's a lot of procedural generation going on for 2024.

that explains why they hired 500 people. I expect at least 12-15 PU (pebble updates) over the next year or two. that's where AccuRocks 2024 comes into play, as Bobcat has already mentioned. I see a whole new business opportunity for all kinds of pebbles emerging.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

2 hours ago, Rimshot said:

Please stop with these boring degrading responses, note to all by the way. Oh, for the record, I'm on your 'side', MSFS user since eternity here. Yet I fail to see the point of this silly debating, having used other sims with pleasure.

I'm not looking to argue or debate. I'm just calling out the nonsense as I see it.

• Like 6

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

that's why they invented sliders and custom settings. BTW: many pc's around here are less powerful than x-box.

I'm just saying, if you can run 2020 you'll most likely be able to run 2024.

Joerg Neumann, diary entry November 9 :

"One small pebble, over 4.500 thread views re. MSFS2024 in just one day. Mission accomplished!" 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

very nice.

7 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

OK.  I was only joking about AccuRocks.  As far as I know they have no plans to develop this, so please sleep even better Eric! :biggrin:

Thank you 😊 

• Like 1

Eric 

9 hours ago, Rimshot said:

Hey Rimshot. I generally respect your comments. But sorry, I have to side with Krakin on this one. Franz007 has a habit of coming to the MSFS forum and arguing in bad faith.  Look at some of Franz007's comments in this thread:

I think you missunderstood that. The interview in a gaming-magazine was a confirmation of what is known since a long time; MSFS adressing the arcade-gamers as first priority. And seeing the excitement of some talking about new technologies when in fact they are going back to stone-age or pebble-age has also nothing to do with backpedaling and much more with amusement 😁

And this one from Franz007:

Yes what a shame. Competitors improved flight dynamics/inertia, offered 3D-weather-radars or worked on requirements for FAA-certification. And MSFS has none of them to offer but built-in-arcade-races. When MSFS came out it was a huge step back compared to what we had before, except the visuals. Only after years the could make it a bit more usuable. Let’s hope they won’t do the same mistake again.

This is after people like @lwt1971 have corrected Franz007 multiple times. But even after the corrections, Franz007 still uses the same language to provoke responses in this forum.  Mind you, this is the MSFS forum, not the XP forum, or P3D forum. At the XP forum and P3D forum, if they want to trash talk MSFS like the way Franz007 does, do it over there. But if people come into the MSFS forum, they should show a little respect with their language towards MSFS and Franz007 does none of that. He does not show respect, and he is here to provoke responses, even after he has been corrected. Krakin is well within his right to respond to Franz007 in this way if Franz007 is using such language to provoke reponses.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 6

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

if people come into the MSFS forum, they should show a little respect with their language towards MSFS

Erm, that’s a no from me. In fact, that’s one of the scarier things I’ve read on this forum.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

14 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Erm, that’s a no from me. In fact, that’s one of the scarier things I’ve read on this forum.

Then you'll reap the rewards with the language and attitude you use in this MSFS forum. I have no issues with how Krakin responded, it was a valid and warranted response.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

Then you'll reap the rewards with the language and attitude you use in this MSFS forum.

Every single person in this 9 page thread about pebbles is guilty. It's pathetic. 

4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

The interview in a gaming-magazine was a confirmation of what is known since a long time; MSFS adressing the arcade-gamers as first priority

Plenty of RW pilots are enjoying MSFS. if it was so "arcade" none of us would be here. 

34 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Every single person in this 9 page thread about pebbles is guilty. It's pathetic. 

my bad 😂. Should've gone with the "rocks" translation instead of pebbles. But go-around is not an option now , landing is committed, 🤡

Edited by SAS443
  • Like 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

10 hours ago, Krakin said:

I'm not looking to argue or debate. I'm just calling out the nonsense as I see it.

A different opinion in a forum is not a nonsense, only because you have a different opinion. A nonsense would be calling someone « desperate » only because you disagree with him. I hope you understand that difference.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM