Sign in to follow this  
Claudius_

Live weather down

Live weather is down (again), this and the ridiculous download speeds make the MSFS online services horrible.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

13 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

Live weather is down (again), this and the ridiculous download speeds make the MSFS online services horrible.

Here is also down

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

it seem a weather source problem, not MSFS problem.

if you check here the last weather METAR data was 4 haors ago, 

https://en.allmetsat.com/metar-taf/north-america.php?icao=KIAD

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

It's a MSFS problem, I don't care where the MSFS team buy their services.

That makes no sense. Using your logic, it's Asobo's fault if your ISP has a problem preventing you from using MSFS.

In a distributed software environment (aka "the cloud") it takes many different companies all performing properly to make things happen. If a single one has a problem, they all have a problem. But only one company gets the "blame" (in quotes because this is real life, and stuff happens that is no ones fault - i.e. equipment failure, power outages, lines getting hit by people digging somewhere, etc.).

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

11 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

That makes no sense. Using your logic, it's Asobo's fault if your ISP has a problem preventing you from using MSFS.

The flight sim that I bought is not working like it should, should I know where, what or who is causing it? I want my service back, please don't hijack this thread, thanks.

here a post from the MSFS official forum:

We are aware that users are currently experiencing a Live Weather outtage within Microsoft Flight Simulator.

This is being investigated and an update will be provided when more information is available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

The MSFS Team

Edited by Claudius_
  • Upvote 1

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

seems to be down on govt website   https://aviationweather.gov/impactboard/?id=CYYZ

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

4 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

The flight sim that I bought is not working like it should, should I know where, what or who is causing it? I want my service back, please don't hijack this thread, thanks.

here a post from the MSFS official forum:

I guess is if the power goes out in your neighborhood, you blame Asobo, because MSFS 2020 won't turn on????😕

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

These constant (yes they are constant) Live Weather Outages don't bode well for the future, if it is to do with METAR reporting then they need a fall option to solely use meteoblue (like what we had pre-SU7 when it was better...).

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

7 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

If you go into a grocery store to buy something but their debit machine is down because of a bank problem do you blame the grocery store for that? 

Edited by Gate99

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

7 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

Cry Baby GIFs | Tenor

• Like 7

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

1 minute ago, Gate99 said:

If you go into a grocery store to but something but their debit machine is down because of a bank problem do you blame the grocery store for that? 

If they don't take cash then yes, they need a backup plan.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 minute ago, Gate99 said:

If you go into a grocery store to buy something but their debit machine is down because of a bank problem do you blame the grocery store for that? 

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I guess is if the power goes out in your neighborhood, you blame Asobo, because MSFS 2020 won't turn on????😕

This is such a dumb analogy. Live weather is part of MSFS and it’s their responsibility to maintain it and coordinate with the vendor providing it when issues arise. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

As per usual the knives are out to defend Microsoft (it's not Asobos fault here) with poor analogies whilst completely missing the main point; MS provide a service to the simulator, that service is interrupted, what is the backup plan? There is none...

So sure the initial service has issues, but Microsoft need to have a backup plan to bring into full effect when that service goes down and it's not like this is the first time is it!? No it's not MarcG, this has happened many many times before hasn't it! Yes it has but here we are, live weather down, again.

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, chapstick said:

This is such a dumb analogy. Live weather is part of MSFS and it’s their responsibility to maintain it and coordinate with the vendor providing it when issues arise. 

Which is exactly what they are doing. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog