Sign in to follow this  
Claudius_

Live weather down

12 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

How would you define 'constant'? How often is live weather down for you? Serious question. 

My answer - weather is hardly down when I'm flying.  I could maybe count on one hand how many times i've loaded up the sim to find the live weather not working.  And on each of those occasions I just grabbed myself a weather preset and went flying.  

Jase 

• Like 2

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Metars are back and working. 

Thank god for that mate - I had absolutely no idea what I was going to do without live weather.  I had no other options, it was seriously looking really gloomy, I'm so glad they are back up again thought - lol.  

Seriously, cheers, but I don't know why members of the sim community go bananas when these things happen.

Imagine if you cooked for them and burnt the sausages.

Jase

• Like 1

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

19 minutes ago, JaseMelbo said:

Thank god for that mate - I had absolutely no idea what I was going to do without live weather.  I had no other options, it was seriously looking really gloomy, I'm so glad they are back up again thought - lol.  

Seriously, cheers, but I don't know why members of the sim community go bananas when these things happen.

Imagine if you cooked for them and burnt the sausages.

Jase

What is scary is some of these people actually fly aircraft in real life. The slightest think goes wrong, and they will lose it. that's for sure. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, KERNEL32 said:

meh, the weather (especially the clouds and general atmosphere) pretty much suck anyway

Yeah, no they don't.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I see avsim is the forum that keeps on giving. Someone reports weather is down and it turns in to a massive argument and derogatory comments.

Which you are adding to.

I don't perceive the weather going down to be so often its a problem.  If live weather is important, try xEnviro 2020 as a good alternative.

CPU Ryzen 7800X 3D  RAM 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz
GPU 24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG Monitor MSI MPG 321URX QD-OLED 32 inch HDR1000 
Internal Storage 1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD  External Storage Three 4Tb Hard Disks 

5 hours ago, scotchegg said:

So, you can’t think of a reason why cars, whose manufacture, sale and maintenance require rigorous regulatory testing and oversight, whose users require testing and licensing to use, and whose subsequent use in society needs to be insured, may not be a suitable analogy for gaming software…?

I give it up...whatever you say is right. Cheers. 🙄

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

2 hours ago, JaseMelbo said:

My answer - weather is hardly down when I'm flying.  I could maybe count on one hand how many times i've loaded up the sim to find the live weather not working.  And on each of those occasions I just grabbed myself a weather preset and went flying.  

Jase 

Same. I can only recall maybe three or four times when it was not available. 

• Like 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Why do we need to continue with this thread if the live weather has been restored about 18 hours ago?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

20 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

Why do we need to continue with this thread if the live weather has been restored about 18 hours ago?

just wait  till the  next  time  it  goes  done  for  5  minutes  🙂

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Ok to sum up;

• MAIN ISSUE; MS don't have a fallback plan when the Live Weather service they use goes down, so in this instance the METARS stopped reporting so you'd think the fallback would be to use Meteoblue 100% in those areas, but they don't - Why? (rhetorical question no one here can answer, maybe one of the Q&A)
  • Go to the Official Forums and search for Live Weather and see how many threads are created with the added words "down" and "broken" and "not working" etc, there's a lot more than some of you may think which shows this is a widespread issue whether it affects you/everyone or not. It may be server specific, time specific or a whole manner of possible reasons, the very facts are this happens a lot and IMO far too much for it to be brushed under the carpet like so many other issues with this Sim.
  • Granted the Live Weather down periods don't appear to last too long (thankfully), a few hours at most but that does not mean they might not get worse another time, imagine the bedlam if it went down for 24hrs+ or a few days or even a week!. Regardless of the length of time it's an issue that needs dealing with, that much is very clear (pun intended)
  • "Live Weather rarely goes down for me" "I just use a preset" - yep that's great but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem, ignoring the issue or using a workaround suits you that's nice, but not everyone wants to use Preset Weather that looks exactly the same all over the Planet, think of other people not just yourselves and it could lead to a better sim for everyone.
  • The more people that speak up about these continuous Live Weather "blackouts" (so to speak) the better as MS may actually listen, history says there's a 50/50 chance of that.

• Like 2

Pico Neo3 Link VR - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

What is scary is some of these people actually fly aircraft in real life. The slightest think goes wrong, and they will lose it. that's for sure. 

welcome to my world of baby sitting pilots.

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

6 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Which you are adding to.

Where was my derogatory comment, thank you very much?! 

Color me goofy but I always viewed the static weather themes as MSFS' "backup plan".  

In addition there are tons of free themes that can be easily added from the ".to" to expand this fallback plan further - certainly enough to come pretty close to the wx you're looking for.

In addition addition there is the random wx widget that is available in //42's Flow program which is also free for Chrissake.  Which is a very interesting backup backup plan since wx is, in the grand and long-range scheme of things, a random event we cannot always foresee anyhoo.

• Like 3

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I just flew that day in CAVU conditions. 29.92 and 0/0 winds on both ends.

I figured I would just sit back and enjoy a day of flying in perfect weather. Of course, it did make me wish I was back on the boat.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.