Sign in to follow this  
Claudius_

Live weather down

37 minutes ago, chapstick said:

What did I literally say in my statement: to maintain it and coordinate with the vendor providing it when issues arise. 

Anyway, this my last reply on this thread since they're apparently not being read in full anyway. 

You’re wasting your time. Ever talked to a wall? 

1 hour ago, St Mawgan said:

Cry Baby GIFs | Tenor

No but if i buy a car that has online services and they don't work as expected, i go to my cardealer to get it fixed.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

32 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Speaking of petulant 👀👀

Perhaps you should look up the words hypocrisy and irony. 

I see avsim is the forum that keeps on giving. Someone reports weather is down and it turns in to a massive argument and derogatory comments. 

I suggest that you look at the context of my comments and what I was reacting to before clambering on to your moral high horse.

In the interests of less hypocrisy and drama I'll comment no further.

Edited by Vel

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

These constant (yes they are constant) Live Weather Outages don't bode well for the future, if it is to do with METAR reporting then they need a fall option to solely use meteoblue (like what we had pre-SU7 when it was better...).

Some people here seem to be happy to have these constant live weather outages and downloading more than 300 GB at 2.5MB\s

Edited by Claudius_

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

These constant (yes they are constant) Live Weather Outages don't bode well for the future, if it is to do with METAR reporting then they need a fall option to solely use meteoblue (like what we had pre-SU7 when it was better...).

If II recall correctly, Asobo used to  use Meteoblue for weather, and users whined  that it wasn't accurate enough for them, so Asobo switched to METARs, Now they have a problem with Metars.. Can't win. 

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

Lots of chaff in this thread. Anyways, reports are wx is back and operational. 

• Like 2

Eric 

24 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

No but if i buy a car that has online services and they don't work as expected, i go to my cardealer to get it fixed.

I don’t know what it is with a few people repeatedly using cars as analogies for flight simulators. They really aren’t a good comparison.

Live Weather down is frustrating. Personally, I can’t / don’t fly without it, so I’m parked for a while. However, it isn’t a frequent problem, and venting on Avsim is clearly NOT going to the ‘cardealer to get it fixed’. 

Frankly, crybaby emojis are pretty reasonable,

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

24 minutes ago, Vel said:

clambering on to your moral high horse.

So, you can climb yours but I can’t climb mine? Ok. 👍 

8 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

If II recall correctly, Asobo used to  use Meteoblue for weather, and users whined  that it wasn't accurate enough for them, so Asobo switched to METARs, Now they have a problem with Metars.. Can't win. 

"VATSim users whined" and they very clearly harvested the votes to push it on Jorg & Asobo, 2 years later and we're still suffering from the same bugs since that inclusion (albeit SU14 Beta may improve upon this, hopefully). The best outcome would've nbeen an Option to use either or both, but Jorg literally laughed  at that idea in a Q&A and look where we are...I only hope they have a better understanding and at the very least a fallback option (for when Live Weather issues occur) for MSFS2024 or it'll be more of the same.

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 1

Pico Neo3 Link VR - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 minute ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

So, you can climb yours but I can’t climb mine? Ok. 👍 

Why dont we both just dismount and agree to disagree? 👍

Edited by Vel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Vel said:

Why dont we just both dismount and agree to disagree? 👍

Most sensible comment in here today. 

• Upvote 1

I work in IT with a ton of 3rd party vendors. We "maintain" the connection on our end from our servers to their servers. When the issue is on the end of the 3rd party the usual escalations, service response times etc. go into place with often some sort of command center bridge as the teams work on resolving the issue. That said, usually from our end there is a lot of "hurry up and wait."

In this case, if it's a call into a government agency, who knows on NOAA how they resolve it.

3 minutes ago, MarcG said:

"VATSim users whined" and they very clearly harvested the votes to push it on Jorg & Asobo, 2 years later and we're still suffering from the same bugs since that inclusion (albeit SU14 Beta may improve upon this, hopefully). The best outcome would've nbeen an Option to use either or both, but Jorg literally laughed  at that idea in a Q&A and look where we are...I only hope they have a better understanding and at the very least a fallback option (for when Live Weather issues occur) for MSFS2024 or it'll be more of the same.

Rather than panic and start frothing at the mouth, I just went to this site,and got the weather for my arrival at KNTU.     https://metar-taf.com/?c=251003.-1041943.4

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310