Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

A simple mod can make all the difference

Blacksquare did an amazing job on this aircraft but the default glass cockpit needed some love.  The most incomplete of Asobo's offerings has now been addressed:

King Air 350 G1000 Cockpit Mod for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

Can't believe I missed this for other a month.

• Like 4

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Been flying it for around a month.  There's already been a post on here about it a few weeks ago.

The G1000 implementation is fantastic, but in terms of other systems and flight model, the KS is still one of the weakest in the sim. Would love MS to have WT give it some love.   But for the most part, The Blacksquare version scratches the KA itch pretty satisfactorily.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Can this mod be used on the default Asobo King Air 350 model without the Blackksquare MOD?\Thanks

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

It IS for the default Asobo model. If you combine this mod with MGouge's flight model improvement mod (it's possible to merge them, as different files are involved), you get a decent KingAir with glass cockpit.

Edited by meerkat
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, wlix261 said:

Can this mod be used on the default Asobo King Air 350 model without the Blackksquare MOD?\Thanks

Yes it can.  It has nothing to do with Blacksquare's offering.🍺

• Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

19 hours ago, JYW said:

the KS is still one of the weakest in the sim. 

What does KS stand for?

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

8 hours ago, meerkat said:

It IS for the default Asobo model. If you combine this mod with MGouge's flight model improvement mod (it's possible to merge them, as different files are involved), you get a decent KingAir with glass cockpit.

Thank you!  By the way here's a link for others to find it:

https://flightsim.to/file/52687/asobo-king-air-350-realism-mod

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Thanks to the OP I grabbed this mod as I'm pretty familiar with the G1000 but by no means an experienced (sim) pilot, never really flown the KingAir so quickly ran through the checklist and up I went. 50ft into the flight and the avionics all went black, no idea what was going on (Bug or Human Error) so as I steadied the aircraft and flicked and pulled all manner of switches until eventually the thing came back to life, then I couldn't get the AP to function. Eventually realised I hadn't turned on the Avionics in my moment of madness post take off, then I kept getting the yellow warning about YD not being turned on, never come across this before so had to do a quick google and then switched on the Yaw Dampener.....you live and learn! As if that was bad enough further into the flight I get a warning about fuel tanks, one side had drained too much, again in my earlier hastiness I must've moved the button for fuel tank usage or something, I had wondered why the plane was listing to the left.

Aside all that it's nice to have another plane with a familiar setup, I've flown the Caravan so much the G1000 has become the norm to me, just the rest of aviation I still need to learn 😄

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

5 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

What does KS stand for?

My guess is it was a typo meant to say "KA" for King Air. The S and A are next each other, so easy mistake to make.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, meerkat said:

...If you combine this mod with MGouge's flight model improvement mod...

Does anyone know if this mod also can be used with BKSQ KA350 package?
Does it enhance/replace the BKSQ flight model or is it incompatible?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

The knobster (from Sweden I think, and they sell by Paypal) allows tuning the G1000 functions without a mouse. Great for VR for instance. But I guess if you have a 55" 4k monitor, then the mouse is easier to use... (I don't have a large monitor).

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 11/12/2023 at 5:04 PM, Alpine Scenery said:

What does KS stand for?

It's a typo for KA.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)