Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

Sim Update 14

Anyone know if they're still planning a Dec 5th release? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

22 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Anyone know if they're still planning a Dec 5th release? 

They haven't said otherwise. There is a dev Q&A tomorrow, so if it is delayed we'll probably learn then.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, MarcG said:

I know what they said I read the official forums, but they say a lot of things so until I see it fixed in a beta update then it remains a serious issue.

Fear not, we do not plan to release the beta publicly until we have a fix available for the assistance options bug! :slight_smile:

Also yes to confirm, the final beta build is most commonly the same build that then is made available for all users once the beta ends.

Regards,
The MSFS Team

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/stay-in-beta-or-leave-before-update/619147/6

Edited by Bond
Add link
  • Like 5

Apart from the A320 which doesn't appeal to me, what's the best other feature of this Update.

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

Apart from the A320 which doesn't appeal to me, what's the best other feature of this Update.

For me the big ones are:

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I just like the better performance. It seems like they did something to improve the airport environment. I'm seeing more objects in general. I fly out of LVFR's KBWI all the time. I see more cars, trucks, and other ramp clutter than I used to. I've use AIG traffic for a long time and I noticed that it seemed smoother, and faster than before so I started bumping up the amount of traffic. I started at 38% which is the max that I could use prior to SU14 without introducing stutters. I've settled on 85% in SU14 not because of performance, but because above that there is just too much traffic. They also seemed to fix whatever it was that was causing performance loss over the length of the flight. After landings, I have not been taxiing to the gate in a slide show as I did often in the past.

It fixed some bugs. Some remain. Regardless, I think SU14 is an improvement.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

11 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

I just like the better performance. It seems like they did something to improve the airport environment. I'm seeing more objects in general. I fly out of LVFR's KBWI all the time. I see more cars, trucks, and other ramp clutter than I used to. I've use AIG traffic for a long time and I noticed that it seemed smoother, and faster than before so I started bumping up the amount of traffic. I started at 38% which is the max that I could use prior to SU14 without introducing stutters. I've settled on 85% in SU14 not because of performance, but because above that there is just too much traffic. They also seemed to fix whatever it was that was causing performance loss over the length of the flight. After landings, I have not been taxiing to the gate in a slide show as I did often in the past.

It fixed some bugs. Some remain. Regardless, I think SU14 is an improvement.

Performance is worse, not better. Check this thread on the official forum and you'll see almost everyone is saying they have less FPS:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/1-35-18-0-su14-beta-survey-performance-pc/617275/6

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

5 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Performance is worse, not better. Check this thread on the official forum and you'll see almost everyone is saying they have less FPS:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/1-35-18-0-su14-beta-survey-performance-pc/617275/6

It is absolutely better on my machine.

There are only a handful of people in that thread saying that it is a problem. I saw that survey a few days ago and clicked the "great" button.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

16 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

It is absolutely better on my machine.

I have no idea what they have set up or are doing wrong. If it was a universal issue, then everyone would be complaining.

So everyone saying the performance is worse when they didn't change anything in their installation are doing something wrong, and you (one of the few with better performance) are doing something right. Ok then, lol. 

Just by leaving the beta and going back to SU13 I am getting around 10 FPS more. Perhaps you didn't try it.

I really hope they fix the performance issues before releasing.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

4 minutes ago, Alvega said:

So everyone saying the performance is worse when they didn't change anything in their installation are doing something wrong, and you (one of the few not complaining) are doing something right. Ok then, lol. 

Just by leaving the beta and going back to SU13 I am getting around 10 FPS more. Perhaps you didn't try it.

I'm in the beta and everything appears smooth and fine to me  no idea what the FPS is

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

7 minutes ago, Alvega said:

So everyone saying the performance is worse

Please don't generalise not everyone has said that, performance can vary from PC to PC depending on millions of variations and that's long before you even load the simulator. Therefore it's very possible that some people are experiencing an increase, a decrease or no change.

• Like 4

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 minute ago, Alvega said:

So everyone saying the performance is worse when they didn't change anything in their installation are doing something wrong, and you (one of the few not complaining) are doing something right. Ok then, lol. 

Well I edited that reply because I thought that it read a little like I was accusing people of doing something wrong which is not at all what I meant. 

I counted 12 people reporting issues. I also read 3 that stated it was better. I never posted in there, so I would be #4. There has to be hundreds of people running SU14. 12 isn't a significant portion of the population. 

I am regularly involved with the deployment of software to a little over 45,000 machines that are in 3 highly controlled configurations. Every one of them is identical. and configured the same. Yet whenever we deploy, a small number of machines will behave differently than all of the others or experience issues. There is always a reason that they do and something is always wrong with them causing the behavior. That is what I meant.

9 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I'm in the beta and everything appears smooth and fine to me  no idea what the FPS is

If you have no idea what the FPS how can you say you have better performance? Perhaps you have less FPS too and don't know it.

Alvega

5 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Please don't generalise not everyone has said that, performance can vary from PC to PC depending on millions of variations and that's long before you even load the simulator. Therefore it's very possible that some people are experiencing an increase, a decrease or no change.

Guess you didn't understand what I meant. I didn't mean that everyone is saying the performance is worse, what i meant was that MDFlier was saying that every one of those with worse performance have done something wrong. It's very different.

Alvega

Just now, Alvega said:

If you have no idea what the FPS how can you say you have better performance? Perhaps you have less FPS too and don't know it.

That is entirely possible in my case. I do not have any idea what my FPS are now, or what they have been in the past. I stopped looking because I just go by how it looks and feels. All of my flights in SU14 have been super smooth and stutter free. Everything outside of the airplane looks great and moves by just as it should.

If I had higher FPS in SU13, then I'll stick with less in SU14 because it looks and feels great. I really can't ask for anythng else.

• Like 2