Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

SWS PC-12 Pilatus - problems

Having just purchased this aircraft - I have spawned it at several airports - on the runway - ready for take off.

I am experiencing three problems

1) Cannot get the rudder to work

2) Cannot get the ailerons to work (elevators are working OK) 

3) Can turn on the tablet (well the screen goes a lighter shade of grey) - but nothing to see on it.

The settings on my hardware for the elevators, ailerons and rudder work fine on all other aircraft - just not this PC-12

I have looked at the manuals and checklist and cannot see how to fix these issues. Too early for any youtube tutorials, so would appreciate any help.

George Westwell

3)  I think the tablet isn't active yet.  It will be attended to in an upcoming update.

What hardware are you using George? (for rudder / ailerons etc.)

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

3)  I think the tablet isn't active yet.  It will be attended to in an upcoming update.

What hardware are you using George? (for rudder / ailerons etc.)

Hi Bob

I am using a Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog joystick and a throttle and VKB rudder pedals. I use these all the time on many different aircraft and have bound them through FSUIPC. Never had a problem beforehand.

Thanks

• Like 1

George Westwell

7 minutes ago, SquadronLeader said:

Hi Bob

I am using a Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog joystick and a throttle and VKB rudder pedals. I use these all the time on many different aircraft and have bound them through FSUIPC. Never had a problem beforehand.

Thanks

OK, yes I believe you.  A lot of people are getting these control assignment problems lately with lots of different aircraft.  The bravo throttle quadrant is always being mentioned.

I don't have the Warthog, I have a Velocity One Flightstick, but it might help if another Warthog owner can confirm.  I will test with the Velocity as soon as I can, but can you believe I am still downloading it! :rolleyes:

Edited by bobcat999

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

30 minutes ago, SquadronLeader said:

Hi Bob

Thanks

Hey George, I beleive the Warthog is assigned by default as a recognised controller in MSFS. Why not try assigning a couple of things through MSFS rather than FSUIPC to narrow down possible areas of problem.

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

They just announced that a patch is forthcoming. So many releases lately with “shoot yourself in your own foot” problems.  These vendors need some Change and Release Management remedial training I think!

-B

@everyone we are working hard to issue a hotfix tonight. It will be a full installer download that will address the following issues:
```
-Inoperative TDS GTN
-Inoperative Home & DirectTo buttons on the PMS GTN750
-Strange looking glass on the GTNs.
```
We are gathering your feedback and prioritising issues for to address & test any issue that cannot be fixed within the day.

Thank you for making this a great release and helping us. Improvements to the PC-12 will benefit all our aircraft.

• Like 3

The GTN750s (both types ) are covered with a pattern. I thought that a temporary fix had been issued but the mod that I installed has no effect on the PMS version.

Trying to trim for Take Off and there's no sign of the keys working.

I'm giving up for now.

On the Discord I see people singing their praises for this release so clearly I'm out of tune..Back to my Just Flight Vulcan to bask in a real Masterwork.

I have had to give up trying to download it today.  Downloaded it three times and it is reporting the zip as broken.  I will try again tomorrow when the hotfix is available.

I need to check the manual, but no modes on the autopilot would engage.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I can't even verify my newly created account.

All details correct, checked spam folder, no verification email after an hour.

Sale lost I'm afraid.

David Porrett

New update Today, all working great, along with the Tablet.

Version 20231207.

Regards

BJ from Oz

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SquadronLeader said:

Having just purchased this aircraft - I have spawned it at several airports - on the runway - ready for take off.

I am experiencing three problems

1) Cannot get the rudder to work

2) Cannot get the ailerons to work (elevators are working OK) 

3) Can turn on the tablet (well the screen goes a lighter shade of grey) - but nothing to see on it.

The settings on my hardware for the elevators, ailerons and rudder work fine on all other aircraft - just not this PC-12

I have looked at the manuals and checklist and cannot see how to fix these issues. Too early for any youtube tutorials, so would appreciate any help.

I have just downloaded and installed the update that was released overnight - and NO CHANGE. The rudder, ailerons or tablet are still not working.

I should have pointed out in my original post above, that I also own the SWS Kodiak and the SWS Van RV-14. I have just double checked that the rudders and ailerons work fine on both of these aircraft, using the same settings on the same controller, so I am baffled as to why they are not working on the PC-12.

Any thoughts?

Just noted that the previous post says that their tablet is working great - all I get is a lighter shade of grey when I switch it on. Anyone else got the tablet working? I am using the single button on the top of the tablet to switch it on - assume that is correct?

Edited by SquadronLeader

George Westwell

I cannot get the TDS to appear even with the new installer. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

27 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

I cannot get the TDS to appear even with the new installer. 

I was having the same issue, Go to the community find the SWS PC-12 and scroll down in the folder to the uninstall.exe run it, then re-install the new update and it should be there. That is how I solved it! 

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

Just now, Mets737 said:

I was having the same issue, Go to the community find the SWS PC-12 and scroll down in the folder to the uninstall.exe run it, then re-install the new update and it should be there. That is how I solved it! 

Thanks but, I had uninstalled it yesterday. Already tried installing and uninstalling twice this morning with no luck. I'm a whisker away from asking for a refund now.  

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog