Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

SWS PC-12 Pilatus - problems

10 hours ago, pinepix62 said:

Not sure where those values must go. The any settings where I get some sort of reaction is by using these setting.

https://pinepix.co.za/piwigo/upload/2023/12/28/20231228221204-c7773d39.jpg

I only know some basics of SPAD 😟

Unfortunately I cannot help more as I don't use SPAD.

From discussions with other users of it, I gave them the variable and values and then they got it to work.

Hi everybody, the aileron and rudder problem is caused by the interconnection of both movements as programmed by SWS.  You can find the solution here:

Best regards🙂

17 hours ago, dreamflight11 said:

Hi everybody, the aileron and rudder problem is caused by the interconnection of both movements as programmed by SWS.  You can find the solution here:

Best regards🙂

Many of us have already removed the interconnect, pretty much from day 1, as Lorby posted instructions on how amend the appropriate model file.    However, the issues with the flight model that are being dicussed in this thread are not associated with the interconnect.    It's about yaw issues with low speed and high lift (flaps), in other words on approach.

This issues occur whether the interconnect is disabled or active.   Thus the custom assignments in this video are also not relevent to the yaw FDE issue.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Is there any word of an update coming? Seems like not much going on for addressing these significant issues. Thanks 

• Like 2

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

I don't really understand some of the gripes on here to be honest.  Yes the PC-12 is not like the rest of most planes in the sim due to the interconnect. My experience with crosswind situations after disconnecting the yaw damper a few hundred feet the plane is almost trimmed right due to keeping the yaw damper on almost a few hundred feet and don't you know that you can still use aileron into the wind with opposite rudder with the plane still having interconnect. Works for me with my logitech rudder pedals and microsoft ffb2 stick seems to override the interconnect and I am not using no tweaks or interconnect disconnects etc. Oh and I don't cross the controls till right about the last 10-20ft.    Been flying the hell out of this plane love it.  And I am sure they will iron some things out. 

But definitely a plane worth studying.  This is another one of them planes ya kinda gotta study or it could bite you.  It's got different characteristics than the same old 6 & 7.

2 Penny's & Happy Landings

• Like 1

Hmmm - where have we got withis bird?.  It was going to be a day 1 purchase for me but very quickly threads like this cropped up and they continue.  Seems that it may be more trouble than it is worth.  Are the developers trying to iron out the wrinkles or is the plane's current state what we will have for the long term?  Thanks.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

4 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Hmmm - where have we got withis bird?.  It was going to be a day 1 purchase for me but very quickly threads like this cropped up and they continue.  Seems that it may be more trouble than it is worth.  Are the developers trying to iron out the wrinkles or is the plane's current state what we will have for the long term?  Thanks.

Bruce

Yes constantly being updated and no it's not as bad as all these threads seem to make you believe it is. It's actually really nice and quite rewarding to fly, if you take the time to study it. 

In my opinion there are a lot of misunderstandings and operator errors that than get incorrectly blamed on the flight model or the developer. 

You might want to look up their Discord if you want to know more about development updates. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigifooti said:

it's not as bad as all these threads seem to make you believe it is.

That is your opinion and of course you have every right to feel that way.

But to add another perspective for @brucewtb and others, I would also like to express mine:

There's a ton of explanations ("pilots are not able to use rudder; too fast on approach; flaps/trim not as recommended; it's weathervaning; you haven't flown the real one; YD is to be kept on as long as possible; yadayadayada...") for the crazy yaw behaviour of the SWS PC-12 on the developers discord, but all those only circumvent a serious flaw in the flightmodel. If anyone wants to dispute that, they should first show me a handflown ILS approach, YD off, preset weather with no wind, turbulence set to "easy", stable powersetting, speed, flaps and ruddertrim "by the book" - or even by own preference, if that helps - and just stay coordinated on the localizer for only 4 miles. It should be easy, and yet I couldn't do it. I don't want to declare myself as the measure in these things, so I avoid using the term "impossible". But contrary to a widespread misconception in the simulation community most airplanes irl usually don't "bite you" unless you treat them totally stupid or aren't "a handful" to fly in normal conditions.

The issue is acknowledged, the next update is said to adress it and seems to be in testing already. If it solves it sufficiently, the PC-12 is indeed a very likeable airplane.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

There's a common theme in threads about the SWS PC-12, where people dismiss it's FDE issues as users not understanding the plane and that it is somehow different to any other aircraft in the air.   Then there's the persistent statements that "ahhh, it's because it has an aileron-rudder interconnect. You mustn't have known that and that's why it's 'biting' you". 😄

The FDE issues are really not associated with the interconnect.  The daft thing is that SWS have even confirmed this in their discord themselves, concerning the low speed, high lift yaw behaviour!    I personally have no issues with SWS and have hope that they will address and solve the issue.

It is a stunning aircraft in every regard, apart from this low speed, high lift yaw behaviour.

But it's just odd to deny a fundamental issue with the flight model that even the developer has acknowledged.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 4

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Well if the developer has acknowledged the problem it will get fixed hopefully.  What else is there to complain about?  What the developer has acknowledged the problem?  So go bite a brick ;)

Any word on when the failure model is to be added? That is when I will consider picking it up.

Dan Scott

Posted (edited)

I have lost a couple of hours to get the SWS Pilatus PC12 to work with FSUIPC and my T.1600M. But now it does with these settings in FSUIPC.

1. WASM in FSUIPC needs to be installed and active
  2. Create myevents.txt file in FSUIPC directory.
  3. Add these lines (you need to get to a range from 0...100, my joystick goes from 0 to 16384, thats why i have to divide by 163.0 <- the zero is important; the minus inverts the axis)
    //SWS Pilatus PC12
    SWS-PC12-Aileron#$Param -163.0 / (>L:ARI_AileronInput)
    SWS-PC12-Rudder#$Param -163.0 / (>L:ARI_RudderInput)
  4. Go to FSUIPC and choose "Send preset to FS" in Axis Assignments
  5. Find variable from above starting with SWS...
Edited by pontiac51