Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG puts up template page for 777

3 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

https://pmdg.com/pmdg-777-for-msfs/#product-tab-description

That template page still has photos and text of the P3D version.  Anyways, let the speculation begin.  Personally, I think the PMDG 777 is probably close to beta testing, if they put that page up. Reminds me of when they put up a similar page for the DC6, and 737 for MSFS.

Price is way above my budget ........

• Like 1

Is that price an indication that the release version will be $59.99?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

12 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Is that price an indication that the release version will be $59.99?

Zero chance it will be cheaper than the 737, in my opinion. Maybe later versions, but not the first release. 

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

My bet:

May 2024

• Like 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

6 hours ago, Konterhalbe said:

PMDG has never ever released an aircraft as a surprise. Why should they do so with the 777?

They’ve clearly said relatively recently that the 777 is close to beta testing. The chance of a surprise release is absolutely zero. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

https://pmdg.com/pmdg-777-for-msfs/#product-tab-description

That template page still has photos and text of the P3D version.  Anyways, let the speculation begin.  Personally, I think the PMDG 777 is probably close to beta testing, if they put that page up. Reminds me of when they put up a similar page for the DC6, and 737 for MSFS.

Dang, $5 million for the P3D version. That’s cray cray. 

12 hours ago, pommy80 said:

Zero chance it will be cheaper than the 737, in my opinion. Maybe later versions, but not the first release. 

I guess the current listed price could also mean that the final retail cost will be $99.99. We will have to wait and see :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

15 hours ago, Konterhalbe said:

PMDG has never ever released an aircraft as a surprise. Why should they do so with the 777?

Actually, they did.  The Jetstream 4100 for FSX. Dropped it out of nowhere.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Duplicate

Edited by ErichB

10 hours ago, RichieFly said:

My bet:

May 2024

That is a safe bet but I'm thinking more around July 3 2024 6:00pm Las Vegas time. That is my $2 bet and the servers will be jammed with no one there working for customer support as Rob and crew will be on vacation.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

16 hours ago, Konterhalbe said:

PMDG has announced and previewed every single aircraft for a long time before release.

Not true.  The NGXu for p3d came out as a huge surprise.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

14 minutes ago, micstatic said:

That was a last resort of PMDG for $$$ from P3D users as they had said and moved on to MSFS after 2019 E3 trailor. Do they even update P3D aircraft anymore. Same for the 772ER where they charged 77.72 for one variant and still needed to have the $140 base pack where users found it unacceptable. Glad they honored their $99 gift cards for users who bought the NGXu (by surprise)  though when they had clearly stated the were moving on. No hate here for PMDG but If that is not the truth than I would love to be corrected.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Oops, you're right!

I had the feeling that PMDG released the NGXu just because the announcement of MSFS caught PMDG by surprise and they tried to milk the P3D market one last time before the majority moved on to the new sim platform.
Hence the sudden and rushed release.

The NGXu was de facto just an additional EFB and split scmitar winglets.

Letting customers pay 100 USD for an unplanned and half finished version of the 737 and giving a credit for the 737 version is one of the greatest business moves I've ever seen:
1) PMDG saved interest charges, because they got an interest-free loan from the customers for a product, that was released three years after the inital payment. If you had invested 100 USD in an MSCI World ETF in NOV19 and sold it at the release date of the 738 for MSFS in AUG22, you would have made a +36% profit before taxes. People rather chose to fund PMDGs development instead...

2) If people didn't want their 100 USD credit to expire, they had to buy 2 variants of the 737. Let's say they've spent 70 USD for the 737-700. Customers still had 30 USD of credit and many decided to get the 738 aswell, which had a price tag at 70 USD aswell.
Quite some people who originally just wanted the B738 for MSFS had spent 140 USD in total (+ 36 USD for the missed profit on the stock exchange) because of this smart business model.
As statistics show, the B737-700 doesn't get flown much. The 738 is by far the most popular variant.

If PMDG would not have given the 100 USD discount on MSFS purchases, many simmers had chosen not to buy the NGXu and the 737-700 for MSFS but to just wait for the 738 to be released.

Fair enough for PMDG to do so. I just wonder why so many people do not care about a good cost benefit ratio and seem to not care how much they spend.
But each to his own 🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

That was a last resort of PMDG for $$$ from P3D users as they had said and moved on to MSFS after 2019 E3 trailor. Do they even update P3D aircraft anymore. Same for the 772ER where they charged 77.72 for one variant and still needed to have the $140 base pack where users found it unacceptable. Glad they honored their $99 gift cards for users who bought the NGXu (by surprise)  though when they had clearly stated the were moving on. No hate here for PMDG but If that is not the truth than I would love to be corrected.

100% agree on that!

The NGXu was an updated Virtual Cockpit and exterior as well.  It looked massively better than the legacy NGX

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next