Sign in to follow this  
Gazzareth

Anyone getting system freezing up since SU14?

Yup, I've rolled back to this version to try and cure mu CTDs. Then after SU14 I've had a couple of freezes too. So I don't think it's the whole solution.

It's truly amazing how widely results vary.

I had stopped trying to fly the Fenix, as 90% of my flights in it ended up with a frozen up cockpit in an otherwise properly running sim. This went on throughout the SU14 beta right up until I stopped trying.

Over the past few days, I've had a half dozen or so Fenix flights with no freezing issues at all. Seems like it got fixed for me.   

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

On 12/12/2023 at 2:22 AM, Gazzareth said:

No sound, no response to keyboard / mouse - power off only option for me !!

G

Same here, only solution to restart the pc

I always fly PMDG B738.  After got my sim updated to SU14, I got frozen 4 times out of 6 flights.  All 4 times occurred on the runway during the takeoff.  The other 2 flights were so smooth.  They were one short flight (30 mins air time), and the other was 4 hours online using IVAO. 

All I could do is to ctrl+alt+del to restart the PC.  Looking for a solution here.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GeoSkyman said:

Same here, only solution to restart the pc

I have a similar problem and it can be quickly replicated in several GA planes without anything on the community folder eg. Cessna 208.

Here's how:   press and hold the left Ctrl key and press the Insert key to move the heading bug around the dial.

Result: keyboard freeze
Solution: Ctrl-Alt-Del

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

I hade my first freezing today with the Cessna Longitude, Live Traffic and Nvidia driver 537.58

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Since installing the DynamicLOD mod stutters have diminished significantly, not a single CTD, or freeze up closing program...

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

been simming for a week with no issue using FSTL as traffic while disabling asobo built in native traffic ... so I think native live traffic was the issue

I've been battling freezes for over two years now. I've tried everything: empty community folder, cache settings, graphic settings (DirectX 11 and 12), and all the various suggestions one can find on the internet, without any noticeable results. I regularly update the graphics card drivers and obviously install updates for MSFS.

In my case, the freezes usually happen with the airplane (whichever it may be) during preparation before takeoff. Usually, I have one freeze per flight. Its duration is many minutes, most of the time between 5 and 10 minutes: as many experience, the audio continues to be heard but the simulator is completely stuck. Then, after waiting for many minutes, everything goes back to normal.

The closest behavior to these freezes I can experience is when, for example, I disconnect a USB device (like the keyboard). In such cases, a similar but much shorter freeze occurs (lasting between about 30 seconds to a minute).

-----------------

Operating System
    Windows 11 Home 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i5 10400 @ 2.90GHz    54 °C
    Comet Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
    16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1330MHz (15-17-17-35)
Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF GAMING H470-PRO (LGA1200)    37 °C
Graphics
    27GL850 (2560x1440@144Hz)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER (EVGA)    81 °C
Storage
    465GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB (SATA (SSD))    32 °C
    931GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB (SATA (SSD))    33 °C

Igor Bischi

3 hours ago, igorbischi said:

In my case, the freezes usually happen with the airplane (whichever it may be) during preparation before takeoff. Usually, I have one freeze per flight. Its duration is many minutes, most of the time between 5 and 10 minutes: as many experience, the audio continues to be heard but the simulator is completely stuck. Then, after waiting for many minutes, everything goes back to normal.

I see this, too. For me it happens soon after clicking on "Fly". A minute-long freeze, sometimes two, but then not again.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

I am also getting the hard freeze every 10th flight or so. The last time it happened the sim took almost an hour to load.

• Like 1