Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

BeyondATC Voice Tier

2 hours ago, techman said:

I found one who didnt understand how this addon works. Especially the AI-Part.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm positive they said offline voices use AI too - local AI, not cloud AI.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

The thing I care about most is running AI traffic outside of MSFS therefore increasing performance.  The Mid tier looks about right for me.  I want voices that are appropriate for where I am flying.  The premium voices just sound too excited.

59 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm positive they said offline voices use AI too - local AI, not cloud AI.

That's my understanding too. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, aniiran said:

The Mid tier looks about right for me.  I want voices that are appropriate for where I am flying.

Looks can be deceiving. 😉 And take note, as I said already, that the accents aren't real accents: let a Japanese woman (while flying in Norway) read ATC commands phonetically and you (may) end up with something no one can understand. It's not always that bad but usually I have to look at the UI to decipher what's been said.

7 hours ago, tup61 said:

It's not always that bad but usually I have to look at the UI to decipher what's been said.

With FSHud I have to do this most of the time. With BATC I’m hoping offline will be legible enough to avoid this.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

10 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

With FSHud I have to do this most of the time. With BATC I’m hoping offline will be legible enough to avoid this.

Really...? Odd. I can understand 95% of what FSHud is saying. BATC Offline is understantable, that's the good part, but the speech is very slow, voices sound a bit odd (those guys would never make it as an ATC controller in real life!) with odd pauses and emphasis and so on. Strangely enough the 'better' Basic voice may sound better indeed but is (at least when flying in Europe) hard to understand most of the times and 20% is completely not understandable. I have to add though that it also depends on which random voice is being used: sunday things were really bad while yesterday it was better.

When it comes to the quality of voices I prefer FSHud right now over the BATC Offline and Basic voices. Premium is better (obviously) but too expensive. Unless you turn off all traffic communications and your own voice (for button control). Could also be because I am so used to the FSHud voices by now LOL

Edited by tup61

22 minutes ago, tup61 said:

When it comes to the quality of voices I prefer FSHud right now over the BATC Offline and Basic voices.

That’s very interesting! I’m not in the beta, but I find it surprising that we so different opinions on FsHud voice quality. But I guess it makes more sense if you’ve been using FsHud extensively.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

That’s very interesting! I’m not in the beta, but I find it surprising that we so different opinions on FsHud voice quality. But I guess it makes more sense if you’ve been using FsHud extensively.

Yes, ATC addon voices are really a matter of preference and very subjective! ;)

Did another flight with BATC just now and for the first time I flew outside of Nowway: from France to Spain. I am happy to say the Basic voices had some nice French and Spanish accents! I could actually understand them! I really wonder if there is something wrong with the Norwegian region as far as AI-voices is concerned... The accent were a bit over the top perhaps and there still were odd phonetic pronunciations but overal it was a lot better than my previous flights. Luckily. Well, at least as voices are concerned.

Hi Cpt,

I exclusively use FS HUD, have you tried adjusting the various sliders in relation to the voices.?

I found the default settings made the voices virtually unreadable however after adjusting the settings I now have the perfectly readable.

Cheers

Steve

3 hours ago, egntpilot said:

Hi Cpt,

I exclusively use FS HUD, have you tried adjusting the various sliders in relation to the voices.?

I found the default settings made the voices virtually unreadable however after adjusting the settings I now have the perfectly readable.

Cheers

Steve

Oh I didn’t know that, thanks! I’ll look into it 🙏 

4 hours ago, tup61 said:

Yes, ATC addon voices are really a matter of preference and very subjective! 😉

Yes, the quality of voices has always been highly subjective. I remember the discussions if the voices of FSHud or PF3 were better (both have always been good enough for me). To me all these voices we had so far, PF3, FSHud, Cereproc TTS voices, are roughly the same quality. All of them have better and worse ones. Some people like these better others like those better. From the demos and videos of BATC to me it seems the offline and basic voices of BATC fall in the same category. I can't even say if the basic online voices really sound better than the offline voices. The only voices that clearly stand out from the rest are the premium voices - which unfortunately come at a premium price as well...

4 hours ago, egntpilot said:

17 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Oh I didn’t know that, thanks! I’ll look into it 🙏 

Yes, experiment with the sliders. I don't have any issues understanding the voices of FSHud, maybe except for some procedure names which are pronounced weird sometimes.

• Like 1

New pricing model

• Like 1

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

Posted (edited)

wow that price is low as f now in curious how they going to maintain the services with that low prices specially how expensive the use of ai cost i guess they got a very good deal with ai provider

Edited by michdb8

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Great news indeed! 

https://www.beyondatc.net/pricing

Price dropped from 60 to 30 bucks and the basic voice model plus PTT will be totally free!

The unlimited PTT is so much better. It wasn't bad before because if you used offline for everything, the transmission time for PTT could last up to several years. But if this is the new pricing scheme, it is good to know that PTT doesn't consume any "credits" at all. Basic voice model is free too? That's a good deal if basic voice model is free.

And of course the drop in price to $30 makes this really good, especially if MSFS 2024 comes out with a new overhauled voice ATC system. I don't know that MSFS 2024 will have an overhauled ATC system that uses voice, but in case it does have something like that, I don't mind being out $30 with BeyondATC.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM