Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Carenado's Mooney M20J Released

Go get it folks....A great week thus far....first the Eaglesoft Twin Comanche, now the Carenado Mooney....life is good ;)ooops...hold on FSX users...this is only released for FS9 at this time it seems...mmmm...the FSX version will be a separate release...darn.

Guest JIMJAM

I cannot blame them as FSX is a wreck.Acceleration is crashing my system so I uninstalled it. Now FSX/sp1 is screwed up so Im facing a total reinstall.With patches and quick fixes for fsx,FSX,SP1,fsx/Accel,DX9,DX10 coming from developers, I know Im totally confused.Im afraid to buy anything for FSX until this mess is sorted out.I guess Im keeping my fingers crossed Nvidia comes to the rescue.

Ummm....the FSX release is to follow, so they must not think it is a wreck, and neither do I....in fact, just the opposite.I just got a bit ahead of myself on this announcement, and look forward to the FSX release.

Glad to still see major interest in FS9. I know I'm long away from FSX, if at all!

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Yea, this forum has been pretty dead lately.

I couldn't resist....I can't see how this would not work in FSX, so I gambled...and yes, it does. Not sure what Carenado is planning for the FSX release, but I can't believe it will be that drastic of a change from the FS9 version (textures perhaps?, and other minor stuff?), especially since the gauge package is similar to the past releases. I cannot remove the yoke in FSX for some reason, but to be honest the yoke in this aircraft really does not get in the way like some others. So far it seems to perform just dandy.I already changed/modified the panel with Freindly Panel radio gauges and the 530 GPS, and a couple RXP VOR's, ADF and HSI.As you can see, it seems to work fine in FSX, and I have an FS9 version as well:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180034.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180035.jpgI'm not suggesting that everyone get over-anxious as myself :D But hey....seems to work for me.

Very nice Brian! Didn't know that friendly panels also sell radio gauge packages? Which is this? Willing to share the panel.cfg?Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest slydon

I would like to know what the sound is like. Fs9 mooney had a pretty good mooney sound but fsx seems way off to me. Shouldn't the mooney have a turbo sound?

Sure I'll share Rob.Yes, Friendly Panels have a GPS package and a general gauge package. they actually have some duplicate stuff, but I think their radio gauges are really nice. I cannot use simplified default or other third party stuff after using the Friendly panel stuff.This was a fairly easy swap....the only minor issue being the bottom of the NAV/COM radio is a slight bit shifted (because of how Carenado built the 'holes' in the VC), but it isn't bad, and the mode function still works. I could clean it up by making the upper NAV/COM 1 shorter....and maybe I will....but I liked 1&2 being equal.I'm still awaiting the RXP release of the 430/530's, but again the Friendly Panel GPS works much better than what was installed in this aircraft.Finally, the contrast isn't as big between the gauges as it looks in my shot above, but I edited it intentionally to brighten up the details in the screenie post.When I get home, perhaps I will post the panel.cfg to my personal web space, and link it here for anyone that wants it.In terms of the sound...not sure here...to be honest I'm a bit underwhelmed with the sound package in this aircraft. In fact, initially, I'm a bit just OK with this release...it just does not have that 'magic' like the 206, 182Q or Cherokee have for me....can't put a finger on it.I'll post the config this evening...*****Oh and finally....I am NOT endorsing porting this for FSX and skipping the FSX release...there are a couple of shortcomings using the 9 version in X from what I've seen...just nothing major at all. In fact I may still pick-up the FSX version.

Thanks Brian, that's really very much appreciated. Could you please share a link to the Friendly Panels gauge package, because I only see their other stuff (Cessna packages etc)Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Yea Rob, don't get the Cessna Package or any other aircraft specific package, they have a sets called 'FP GAUGES PACK 1 V2.0' and 'GPS PACK' that both work in FS9 and FSX...Here is their product page link....which also links to the purchase options:http://www.friendlypanels.net/htm/products.htm

Guest JIMJAM

Hey guys I apologise for injected a negative FSX comment into the thread.Carenado has some of the best light GA planes there are.I had FSX/SP1 running GREAT and loaded Accel and have had nothing but problems.I deleted it but now FSX has problems. It appears to be a Nvidia driver/hardware issue so I do not think it can be "tweeked" away.So Im looking at a total reinstall with close to $500 in addons.That combined with I have not had my coffee and oil is hitting $100 a barrel has me a little:-fume I still have my trusty fs9 loaded and look forward to any screenshots especially the VC.Carry On.:-)

I share the reinstall pain... I had to do it twice earlier this year due to activation errors. Now, I am getting ready to upgrade my 4 year old computer and have found that even my hardrives are not compatible with the new motherboard which means-a complete reinstall of everything.So far I have more addins than I ever had for fs9 (those that say addins are lacking for fsx sure haven't felt my light wallet!) I probably have even more that I can't think of. I wish there was a utility that would keep track of all fs addon's and serial numbers-and with a one click button push would reinstall all of them! With the frequency a typical simmer upgrades/crashes their system I think it would be very valuable!Complex:Upgraded the flight one AtrBought the Level d 767-300Bought fs2 crew for the 767Bought the Super 80GA:Bought Eaglesoft CommancheUpgraded the F1 Cessna 172Bought the Real Air 260Bought the Eaglesoft Cirrus Sr-22Bought the Fsd Piper Seneca VScenery/improvements:Bought all 3 landclasses (cloud 9, fsgenesis, scenery tech)Bought Fsgenesis meshBought Ultimate terrain USABought Ultimate terrain CanadaBought Megascenery HawaiiBought Dillingham airport for HawaiiBought Megascenery Southern CaliforniaBought Cloud 9 BerganUtilities:Bought Flight environment XBought Hifi Active sky xBought Hi fi graphics xBought Friendly panels gps/radio stacksBought Abacus easy gps for fsxBought Fs panel studiohttp://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/