Sign in to follow this  
Brocky120

MSFS Adaptive LOD

On 2/19/2024 at 6:53 PM, Reset XPDR said:

It is because when FG gets enabled you are not getting double the FPS you were getting when FG is inactive. ie. normally if FG is off or inactive and you are getting 30 FPS then when you turn on or activate FG you should be getting 60 FPS (ie. double 30), not 40 FPS as you are getting.  ie. something weird is going on with your FG, possibly because of your other monitors, and that is why your TLOD is changing. This is the only report I've had of this issue, which I don't have a solution for right now.

I suggest you enable expert settings and check the TLOD Min on Ground/Landing option so that way you have a fixed TLOD, set to TLOD min, on the ground.

@guenseliFurther to my response above, I just experienced FG active FPS not be double my FG inactive FPS so it seems you are not alone in your observation of FG behaviour. In my scenario, I was getting 100 FPS with FG active but then 60, not 50 which is half, FPS with FG inactive. This caused my TLOD to start changing, then again when I switched back to MSFS having the focus, exactly as you experienced. I apologise that I came over a bit strong in my initial response to you and I am thankful that you pointed it out to me as I wouldn't have looked for it otherwise.

I have a possible solution that I will trial myself in the next couple of days whereby the app will remember the FPS you were getting just prior to FG becoming inactive, then will pause for 5 seconds for the FG inactive FPS to stabilise then will temporarily internally use that new FPS value as the target FPS for the time that FG remains inactive. When switching back to MSFS having focus, again a 5 second pause to allow FPS to stabilise again then back to using your FG target. This should minimise, and possibly eliminate, TLOD changes between FG going inactive and active again. The only caveat to this would be that your TLOD would have to be relatively stable before MSFS loses focus so that the new target FPS is reliable. Anyway, FYI.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Thank you very much. 

Wouldn't it be possible to keep the FG TLOD even FG is off/MSFS is not in focus? 

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, guenseli said:

Thank you very much. 

Wouldn't it be possible to keep the FG TLOD even FG is off/MSFS is not in focus? 

Yes that could work too but if you are away from.MSFS being focussed for a while the TLOD might need to catch up when MSFS regains focus, thus potentially causing stutters again. It is simpler to do so I could try that first.

BTW, I am surprised you are getting stutters with TLOD changes on the ground and parked. With default settings, you'd only be getting steps of 10, which is small, and you are not moving, so what is actually stuttering with a stationary view?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

What is the best way to uninstall the program? I don't need it anymore since I got a 4090.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

14 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

What is the best way to uninstall the program? I don't need it anymore since I got a 4090.

Run the installer and select remove on the first screen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

BTW, I am surprised you are getting stutters with TLOD changes on the ground and parked. With default settings, you'd only be getting steps of 10, which is small, and you are not moving, so what is actually stuttering with a stationary view?

MSFS window active, everything works as a charm. 60 FPS steady, TLOD below 100, whatever I set as minimum.

But clicking on an other window, AutoLOD increases to TLOD maximum.
And then I have stutters on ground with TLOD 200. AutoLOD kicks in then, but that takes a while.

I try to make a video to show this to you ...

EDIT:

sorry, not possible, OBS is freezing.

What happens exactly:

FPS target set to 60, Minimum to TLOD 75

MSFS window active: TLOD goes to minimum, measured FPS show then 60

MSFS window NOT active: measured FPS show 30, TLOD rises to maximum (150)

When I then switch back to MSFS window, I have a TLOD of 150 what is too much, AutoLOD decreases TLOD as it should.

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner

6 hours ago, guenseli said:

FPS target set to 60, Minimum to TLOD 75

MSFS window active: TLOD goes to minimum, measured FPS show then 60

MSFS window NOT active: measured FPS show 30, TLOD rises to maximum (150)

In this third line, TLOD should not be changing because the FG FPS target is 60, which currently gets internally halved to 30 then FG is inactive. If the app measured FPS is now 30, then TLOD shouldn't change because it is already achieving this internal 30 FPS. Are you still using expert options enabled, like your screenshot showed in your first post about this issue, or are you now using expert options to set your desired minimum and maximum TLOD? It seems like you are now using the latter, but I will check the behaviour of FG with expert settings disabled as I haven't tried it this way.

I was going to release a new update today with some minor improvements and optimisations in it, so I might include either a pause on TLOD changes or an automatic internal FPS target reset when FG is inactive when I do.

• Like 1

Expert options checked. 

Can't say right now if there's a difference in behaviour, if or if not. 

Don't think so

Thank you! 

Guenter Steiner

FYI, there's a good chance the app causing CTD on SU15 Beta... still testing... 

Roi Ben

30 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

FYI, there's a good chance the app causing CTD on SU15 Beta... still testing... 

I experienced a CTD with SU15 Beta yesterday using the DynamicLOD_ResetEdition. I have not had a chance to retest to confirm though...

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

3 minutes ago, flyblueskies said:

I experienced a CTD with SU15 Beta yesterday using the DynamicLOD_ResetEdition. I have not had a chance to retest to confirm though...

Had CTD every single flight. Now since stopped using the app, so far no CTD and i manage to actually finish flights...

Real bummer cause the app is very important for me

Roi Ben

Just to clarify, is it an app CTD or MSFS CTD?

Yesterday I had a CTD on my Left view client half way in my 2h flight.

My server did not have the App ( the non auto App 0.37 ) running and had no issues 

I was at cruising altitude (37000 ft )

tLOD 250 / oLOD 200

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 minute ago, Reset XPDR said:

Just to clarify, is it an app CTD or MSFS CTD?

MSFS CTD

• Like 1

Roi Ben