Sign in to follow this  
Brocky120

MSFS Adaptive LOD

42 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

Yay, you're the first one to tell me that this works. Thankyou!!!

I can confirm this also with the latest test version. The link takes me to the GitHub page.

Edited by Harrier77
  • Like 1

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K, XMP OC | GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti 11GB | MoBo:  ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit | RAM: 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 | HD: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 3TB HDD | MSFS 2020

1 minute ago, Harrier77 said:

I can confirm this also with the latest test version.

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

1 hour ago, Reset XPDR said:

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback!

Works fine at my end too. Link is correct

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

So the clouds performance utility works only with VSYNC off right?

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Michael "RESET XPDR" is in bed , he's  Australian !

• Like 1

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

5 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

So the clouds performance utility works only with VSYNC off right?

Thanks

Michael Moe 

No, on my system it works with Vsync on. As long as your target FPS is below your vsync refresh rate, it will trigger properly. If you set your target FPS above your vsync refresh rate, FPS adapation will get triggered all the time but that's no different to setting your target FPS above what FPS your system can actually achieve.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

13 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

Here is the latest, and hopefully final, test version of 0.3.7 for those that want to check it out and provide feedback if any issues are encountered.

Latest changes (10Feb24 1040Z):

• Compatibility checker - the app will now check whether the correct MSFS memory addresses are in use and, if not, will search for where they have been relocated and update your config file accordingly. This should mean there is no need to update this app when SU15 comes out, even if its memory map changes like it has done previously.

Previous test versions:

• Update checker - I am pretty confident I have the new update available checker code functioning correctly and just need a couple of people to verify that it detects 0.3.6 as the latest formal release and that the update link takes you to my github latest release page here, which is currently 0.3.6.
  • Log file cleanup - disabled mobisim exit code that causes spurious exceptions and log file entries until I can work out what the issue is. Nil impact to MSFS or app functionality as it only happens when exiting MSFS where neither program no longer cares about previously shared variables anyway.
  • FG detection - When FG is detected as active, the FPS reading is doubled and FPS Adaption works off that doubled FPS value, otherwise with FG turned off, using DX11 or in VR your FPS should show and work as normal. Enhanced to show correct FPS drop when MSFS window loses focus and FG gets disabled while ever MSFS is not the focused app (normal FG behaviour).
  • App already running check - has been extended to check whether the original DynamicLOD or DynamicLOD_ResetEdition are currently running and exit if either are detected.

Has anyone tried this latest test version and encountered any major issues? I am otherwise ready to launch with the release version and updated readme with clearer operating instructions.

• Like 1

Version 0.3.7 formal release has gone live here.

Changes since 0.3.6:

• Added automatic future MSFS version compatibility, provided MSFS memory changes are like in previous updates
  • Added version checking of the app with a prompt to update to a newer version if available.
  • Added Frame Generation detection so correct FPS values are shown and used by the app.
  • Added app shut down if an original DynamicLOD version is already running.
  • Further streamlined log entries.
  • Minor UI updates.
  • Extensively updated usage instructions in Readme.
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 4

Hello.  I believe there is an issue with people (like me) who use FG and a single monitor.  Whenever i want to put the LOD program forward, MSFS goes out of focus, fps drop and i come very close to fps adaptation limit.  

I don't have a high end system.  3800x with 3060 ti and a 60hz monitor.  I have it locked to 55.  I don't know what fps to set for adaptation that will not trigger it when msfs goes out of focus

Thank you for your time

5 minutes ago, A320SimPilot said:

Hello.  I believe there is an issue with people (like me) who use FG and a single monitor.  Whenever i want to put the LOD program forward, MSFS goes out of focus, fps drop and i come very close to fps adaptation limit.  

I don't have a high end system.  3800x with 3060 ti and a 60hz monitor.  I have it locked to 55.  I don't know what fps to set for adaptation that will not trigger it when msfs goes out of focus

Thank you for your time

It is best that you setup the app before you start your flight, because you should know which profile you are going to use for a particular style of flight, and leave it that way for the whole flight. Once you have it set up to your liking, you don't even need to look at the app window for the whole flight anyway.

As soon as you take MSFS out of focus, FG gets disabled (not by my app but by whatever is controlling FG on your video card), your FPS drops and FPS adaption is just doing what you told it to do. I did toy with the idea of internally halving the FPS Adaption trigger FPS when FG is on but MSFS is out for focus, which would fix your particular use case, but then I'd get complaints that FPS adaption isn't triggering at the set FPS, so I thought I'd be damned either way.

In the end, I erred on leaving the FPS trigger value as it is as I consider that if you are going to the app while in a flight, then it should only be briefly and the impact of FPS adaption triggering should barely be noticed because you've got something in front of your MSFS window anyway and, if you are using LOD Step Max, LOD changes will be minimal while you are looking at the app screen and will recover just as quickly.

So to answer your question of what FPS to set for adaption, set it to the FG FPS you want it triggered at and turn on Step LOD max to minimise the changes while the app has the focus.

30 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

It is best that you setup the app before you start your flight, because you should know which profile you are going to use for a particular style of flight, and leave it that way for the whole flight. Once you have it set up to your liking, you don't even need to look at the app window for the whole flight anyway.

As soon as you take MSFS out of focus, FG gets disabled (not by my app but by whatever is controlling FG on your video card), your FPS drops and FPS adaption is just doing what you told it to do. I did toy with the idea of internally halving the FPS Adaption trigger FPS when FG is on but MSFS is out for focus, which would fix your particular use case, but then I'd get complaints that FPS adaption isn't triggering at the set FPS, so I thought I'd be damned either way.

In the end, I erred on leaving the FPS trigger value as it is as I consider that if you are going to the app while in a flight, then it should only be briefly and the impact of FPS adaption triggering should barely be noticed because you've got something in front of your MSFS window anyway and, if you are using LOD Step Max, LOD changes will be minimal while you are looking at the app screen and will recover just as quickly.

So to answer your question of what FPS to set for adaption, set it to the FG FPS you want it triggered at and turn on Step LOD max to minimise the changes while the app has the focus.

I understand your thought process, thanks.  My biggest issue was when i was switching to the second computer's monitor on the right, MSFS got out of focus and fps adaptation was enabled.  I had to put it very low (at 20) but in the end this was like having no fps adaptation at all.  

In the meanwhile, and between my message and your reply, i have found a solution to my case

For anyone that uses 2 pc's with one mouse/keyboard and the "mouse without borders" software, the option is the "hide mouse at screen edge".  You untick it on your MSFS pc and MSFS remains in focus even if you go to the second computer.  

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

My SimConnect status won't turn green. Can someone help please? Really excited to get this working.

I'm getting the following error:

[FTL] [ ServiceController:Run            ] Critical Exception occured: DynamicLOD_ResetEdition - Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Users\danie\AppData\Roaming\DynamicLOD_ResetEdition\bin\Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll'. The specified module could not be found. 

I'm using Dynamic LOD_ResetEdition 0.3.6 and I have mobiflight-event-module in 0.7.2 in my community folder.

15 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

Version 0.3.7 formal release has gone live here.

Changes since 0.3.6:

• Added automatic future MSFS version compatibility, provided MSFS memory changes are like in previous updates
  • Added version checking of the app with a prompt to update to a newer version if available.
  • Added Frame Generation detection so correct FPS values are shown and used by the app.
  • Added app shut down if an original DynamicLOD version is already running.
  • Further streamlined log entries.
  • Minor UI updates.
  • Extensively updated usage instructions in Readme.

Saw the 'newer version available' text in the app, clicked the link, downloaded the update, installed and the app says 'latest installed' - lovely work 🙂

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, dfflyer said:

My SimConnect status won't turn green. Can someone help please? Really excited to get this working.

I'm getting the following error:

[FTL] [ ServiceController:Run            ] Critical Exception occured: DynamicLOD_ResetEdition - Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Users\danie\AppData\Roaming\DynamicLOD_ResetEdition\bin\Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll'. The specified module could not be found. 

I'm using Dynamic LOD_ResetEdition 0.3.6 and I have mobiflight-event-module in 0.7.2 in my community folder.

Looks like one of the required files didn't install. There should be 15 files in your C:\Users\danie\AppData\Roaming\DynamicLOD_ResetEdition\bin\ directory, one of which is Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll that you seem to be missing.

I'd firstly try getting the latest 0.3.7 version here and run the installer. If that doesn't fix it, download the the bin directory file package here and manually copy all files into C:\Users\danie\AppData\Roaming\DynamicLOD_ResetEdition\bin\.

Edited by Reset XPDR