Sign in to follow this  
Brocky120

MSFS Adaptive LOD

35 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Wait  - is there a new app ?

Yes, in beta/demo stage. There's more information in this thread a few pages back, and here: 

https://github.com/ResetXPDR/MSFS2020_AutoFPS/releases/tag/v0.4.0-concept_demo

This utility is a simplification of the DynamicLOD_ResetEdition utility for MSFS that aims to provide similar smoothness improvements, but with much less user interaction required, more focus on maintaining FPS and an easy to use GUI.

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

51 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

I use VSYNC@25HZ/FPS . Should i stick with  0.3.7?

Yes, it still works great.

• Like 1

I have it downloaded now. There's a setting in windows defender where you can temporarily turn off real time protection.

New MSFS2020_AutoFPS concept demo version just released here to address issues raised here in the initial release.

Changes are:

• Fixed issue where the user changes to VR OLOD in MSFS settings while the app was running were not being displayed correctly in the app's Sim Values area.
  • Changed target FPS to internally halve when FG is being used because FG gets temporarily switched off when MSFS has lost focus. Will need to work out a way to show that this has happened in the app so that some users don't wonder why there is now a discrepancy between indicated FPS and the existing FPS target being shown, but it otherwise works in not chasing a bogus FPS target when MSFS temporarily loses focus for the user to interact with another app, like LNM or Simbrief.
  • Changed TLOD to no longer change automatically on the ground when using DX12 to avert exacerbating a long standing DX12 texture corruption issue with third party airports. For DX12 users, I suggest setting your TLOD to generally what you want to have on the ground in the MSFS main menu (ie. before your flight), so TLOD is already in the right range when you start your flight. I may consider making this an expert setting option in future, but for now it is hard coded and, in my testing, seemed to avoid encountering these DX12 texture issues. With DX11, TLOD will still update on the ground when stopped.
  • New Use Expert Options checkbox added to UI but it is currently disabled as it is still a work in progress. When operational, unchecking (default) will remove all options except Target FPS for those who want the simplest interaction experience possible.
Edited by Reset XPDR
  • Like 4

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Not tested, but you are gold, anyway

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Generally I think this autoLOD version makes a lot of sense. Just testing it a bit more with the Fenix and no issues so far. Since I've got ample GPU headroom, I don't worry about cloud detail. For now I've set target FPS to 30 which corresponds to frame generation FPS of 60. 

Not wishing to toot my own horn too much 😄 but I did a GA flight over a couple of hours yesterday, doing touch and goes at multiple airports, with it in VR. It maintained my target FPS very well, was smooth and did not upset MSFS despite regularly changing TLOD for so long, so for my specific use I am finding it very useful.

• Like 2

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Thanks for taking on board my point about the frame gen and when msfs is not in focus. Looking forward to giving this a go

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reset XPDR said:

Not wishing to toot my own horn too much 😄 but I did a GA flight over a couple of hours yesterday, doing touch and goes at multiple airports, with it in VR. It maintained my target FPS very well, was smooth and did not upset MSFS despite regularly changing TLOD for so long, so for my specific use I am finding it very useful.

Good to hear that you get to spend some time flying too in between all the coding 🙂

I'm on the the newest version of auto now, it seems to be working well. The only thing is that I still encounter some ground textures bleed-through at airports (SU14) - might not be related to the app though. I've set FPS to FG target now instead of "native". 

I love how the app is "set and forget". Just load before starting MSFS and the app just goes to the taskbar upon start (unless open window on start is ticked). Very user-friendly!

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

3 minutes ago, abennett said:

Can we use this auto edition without uninstalling the other version?

Absolutely. Just select which version to start before loading the sim. 

Thanks @Cpt_Piett

@Reset XPDR Might it be possible to have disabling TLOD changes when on the ground optional? Certainly in my case the TLOD I would like to use on the ground varies according to the amount of traffic around, as well as the airport and aircraft in question of course.

21 minutes ago, abennett said:

Thanks @Cpt_Piett

@Reset XPDR Might it be possible to have disabling TLOD changes when on the ground optional? Certainly in my case the TLOD I would like to use on the ground varies according to the amount of traffic around, as well as the airport and aircraft in question of course.

Yes, I am thinking of putting that option in for all users, not just those using DX12, because it affects many users, despite it adding another UI item to my supposedly simpler UI 😄

13 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:
15 hours ago, Stona said:

The FPS Tollerance should only be used to determine if the App should decrease the TLOD once the fps reaches the lower FPS tolerance level.  Once the App sees the Target FPS value it should then start raising the TLOD

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. Can you please rephrase?

I think what  RALF9636 posted is correct and that my solution wouldn't work 😞

"That would mean that the TLOD would be increased up to the upper limit whenever your FPS limit (by VSync) is reached no matter how much headroom is left. So even when your FPS are still stable but just about to drop when approaching a large addon airport the tool would still increase the TLOD"

MSFS Adaptive LOD - Page 62 - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

I can see how my proposed solution would create a constend feedback loop of it constantly trying to raise and lower the TLOD causing stuttering

Looks like trying to find a solution for those using Vsync is a little trickier than I thought!

Dang I'm now seriously considering buying a GSync monitor!

39 minutes ago, Stona said:

I think what  RALF9636 posted is correct and that my solution wouldn't work 😞

"That would mean that the TLOD would be increased up to the upper limit whenever your FPS limit (by VSync) is reached no matter how much headroom is left. So even when your FPS are still stable but just about to drop when approaching a large addon airport the tool would still increase the TLOD"

MSFS Adaptive LOD - Page 62 - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

I can see how my proposed solution would create a constend feedback loop of it constantly trying to raise and lower the TLOD causing stuttering

Looks like trying to find a solution for those using Vsync is a little trickier than I thought!

Dang I'm now seriously considering buying a GSync monitor!

Or you could do what I do when I'm in PC mode in that I use Vsync at my TV's 60Hz max refresh rate but I set my target FPS at 50 and it all works fine with no tearing.

4 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

Changed target FPS to internally halve when FG is being used because FG gets temporarily switched off when MSFS has lost focus. Will need to work out a way to show that this has happened in the app so that some users don't wonder why there is now a discrepancy between indicated FPS and the existing FPS target being shown, but it otherwise works in not chasing a bogus FPS target when MSFS temporarily loses focus for the user to interact with another app, like LNM or Simbrief.

Just to make sure I understand this correctly. I'm using RTSS overlay to display FPS. Let's say I want a target FPS of 80 (with FG). Do I then set it to 40 in the app?

4 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

Changed TLOD to no longer change automatically on the ground when using DX12 to avert exacerbating a long standing DX12 texture corruption issue with third party airports. For DX12 users, I suggest setting your TLOD to generally what you want to have on the ground in the MSFS main menu (ie. before your flight), so TLOD is already in the right range when you start your flight. I may consider making this an expert setting option in future, but for now it is hard coded and, in my testing, seemed to avoid encountering these DX12 texture issues. With DX11, TLOD will still update on the ground when stopped.

I set TLOD to 200 in the sim menu. On the climb-out, will the app progressively increase to a TLOD of 400 (which I've set as max in the app) as long as the target FPS is reached?