Sign in to follow this  
buspelle

Tupolev 154 for msfs!

I know, due to the situation in Europe maybe the question is bad/wrong, but I realy miss one of my favorits in flight simming (from the FSX/P3D days). The Tupolev 154! Does anyone know if there is some Tupelov 154/134 on the way? Or is all Russian airliners "not welcome" in the sim after the invasion of Ukraine?

Hope its ok that I ask

Best regards 

Pelle

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, buspelle said:

I know, due to the situation in Europe maybe the question is bad/wrong, but I realy miss one of my favorits in flight simming (from the FSX/P3D days). The Tupolev 154! Does anyone know if there is some Tupelov 154/134 on the way? Or is all Russian airliners "not welcome" in the sim after the invasion of Ukraine?

Hope its ok that I ask

Best regards 

Pelle

Flightsim.to and addon vendors like Contrail, Simmarket, etc are 'full' of Russian airfields and content.  Hopefully, I think most of us can separate our hobby out from politics.   (I say 'full' in inverted commas because there's historically never been that much content for Russia).

Just the one TU154 in development, as quoted above.  I agree the one in FSX was great!

Edited by JYW
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

12 minutes ago, JYW said:

Just the one TU154 in development, as quoted above.  I agree the one in FSX was great!

Only one thing, the Tu154 as quoted above is a Tu 134.
Much the same name but not the requested aircraft model.

Project Tupolev was most likely the best freeware aircraft
model ever made for FSX and possibly the best altogether.

YMMV, of course.

The "situation in Europe" is as far away from the subject of an aircraft
model request as it is possible to get and if decisions on what which aircraft
should be made for a civilian flight simulator were based on politics, there
would be none at all. 

Thank goodness that is not the case. 

Edited by Reader
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Waiting for both of them ( TU134 and the TU154 ) aswell, there are a lot of good memories from the old FSX days..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

The author of the SimUniqueLab version (the payware P3D 64-bit  successor to the PT model, equally in-depth and beautiful too) previously was going to look into developing for MSFS but it would take quite a while. Not sure if/how the war and certainly reduced income would impact that: https://simuniqlab.com/

There's likely commentary on the Avsimrus forums but may want to email the person too. 

Edited by STK

In FS9, one of my favourite freeware models was a demilitarized version of the Tu16 'Badger', used for high-speed mail services across the USSR. I'd love to see that in MSFS. Also, a decent IL-76 'Candid' is way overdue.

Just Flight...I hope you're reading all this...

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

This is not the place for debate/discussion of politics, especially w/r/t ongoing wars, joking or otherwise.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I wonder if people of Iraqi descent were ever offended by others flying Boeing aircraft in flightsims.....

Edited by Soulflight
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, buspelle said:

Hope its ok that I ask

Best regards 

Pelle

Just FYI. Soviet Union was not only russia and people who lived there were not only russian. There were many nationalities that are now  different countries. For example  Ukraine, Georgia, Kazakhstan used to be part of former Soviet Union, but now they are not.  So whatever USSR made was a multinational effort which often included different factories and institutions  located in different former republics (which nowdays are countries).

I understand during cold war era Soviets were often referred as russia,n but that is just another hasty generalization. For example: creator of famous T-34 tank Mickhail Koshin and father of Soviet space program Sergei Korolev were both Ukrainians. So whatever was made in former Soviet Union belong to all people who used lived there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, Soulflight said:

I wonder if people of Iraqi descent were ever offended by others flying Boeing aircraft in flightsims.....

You gotta ask them instead of wondering. I wouldn't blame them if some of them were

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I have the say that the "!" in the title made me think a TU-154 was available...

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Is this from the same developer who flew off the handle when you asked for "mouse-over tool tips in English"?😃

Absolutely love the Tu 154 as well but it's future in MSFS looks grim. There's a redditor by the nickname Ablomis is building a Tu 154m for MSFS. He showcased the model, virtual cockpit and semifunctional engineer panel but the last update on his Reddit was 5 months ago.

SimUniqueLab stated that he would look into converting his Tu 154b2 from P3d to MSFS but no news about this for many months now..

The closest to release seems to be Kai31's tu 134a3 but it has been showcased on his youtube and on msfs forum for a year now and still no release date or nothing.

My ony hope to have a soviet aircraft in the hands is a Collab between Asobo and Antonov for a An22 maybe? As a famous flyer it would be awesome...

But no Tupolevs in sight sadly.

Edited by dzmitry
  • Upvote 1