MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

Im happy with 70 fps with a 3060ti and dont fly tubes or visit big airports.

Should I visit this fix using DX12?

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

13 hours ago, KevinS137 said:

I've been following this thread with interest but haven't tried it yet.  Wondering about this mod with multiple monitors, I haven't seen too many comments about using this mod with multiple monitors.  My current setup uses three monitors, the center one is 3440X1440 (165 Hz) and the two side monitors are running at 1920x1080 (60Hz).  I'm running all of this on a Legion 5 Laptop with an RTX 3070 Laptop GPU and a 11th Gen i7 CPU.

Using a mostly high settings (some ultra), dynamic LOD mod, and flying PMDG, FBW, FSR I'm getting in the low to mid 20's on FPS with almost no stutters when flying and FPS drops to the mid teens-ish when on the ground at LAX, JFK, etc. with a low level of FSLTL traffic injected.

Has anyone out there had any luck using this mod with multiple monitors that are running at different resolutions and/or refresh rates?

Thanks!

I'm interested as well.  I saw one claim that FG only works on the main monitor.  In my case the three monitors are the same size and resolution.

4 hours ago, Malcolm Street said:

I'm interested as well.  I saw one claim that FG only works on the main monitor.  In my case the three monitors are the same size and resolution.

I'm using a second monitor with different refresh rate etc for viewing charts and such and i have has some issues with dropped FPS when going over to the second monitor.

It drops to around 10 and MSFS starts to stutter but when going back to the main everything is fine. I needed to adjust some settings since i guess the VRAM on the RTX 3080 goes maxes out or somethingm

4 hours ago, Swede80 said:

I'm using a second monitor with different refresh rate etc for viewing charts and such and i have has some issues with dropped FPS when going over to the second monitor.

It drops to around 10 and MSFS starts to stutter but when going back to the main everything is fine. I needed to adjust some settings since i guess the VRAM on the RTX 3080 goes maxes out or somethingm

I have something similar going on and questioned it in a post a couple pages back. 

My main monitor is a 34 inch running at 3440X1440/60Hz. I have two additional 1920 X 1080 monitors - one on each side of the main. 

I get a solid 60 FPS (Vsync on in NVP and OFF in the sim) but I notice an FPS drop to 40ish when I open another app over the sim or on a second monitor but only when the mouse pointer is positioned on any open app. Move the mouse pointer from the open app back to the sim and the FPS instantly jumps back to 60. I tried various combinations of apps and sim running windows versus full-screen but that made no difference. Its more of an interesting, puzzling effect for me as when this happens the sim remains smooth and stutter free. 

EDIT: Just fixed it! I had mouse focus set to automatic in the Win11 settings. I turned that off and now I can go to any other open app on any monitor with no FPS drop. As I write this I have a browser open on top of the sim on the main monitor, Little Nav Map on the right monitor and SPAD.next on the left monitor. I can click on any a open app without affecting the 60FPS in the sim. Why a mouse setting would affect FPS in the sim with FG I have no idea.

Now, if someone could come up with a fix for the ghosting/flickering when panning the outside view.............. 

Edited by Noell
New development

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX4080 Super Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

16 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Im happy with 70 fps with a 3060ti and dont fly tubes or visit big airports.

Should I visit this fix using DX12?

If you wish. It costs nothing, so you won't lose anything but time. But I'm not sure you may gain something.

Back up your current settings first.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Hi all, is this working with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080? I installed everything but it seems its not working. I don't get any warning when starting MSFS.

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

The requirements for FG are listed by the OP on page 1 of this thread.

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX4080 Super Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

After some messing with settings (turns out the lens correction setting in MSFS causes some issues), I got this working smoothly, but I'm getting a weird tearing effect only on the landing gear and parts of the runway when on the ground. It goes away as soon as the airplane lifts off, so I'm wondering if anyone found a fix for that particular issue.

17 minutes ago, ndts said:

but I'm getting a weird tearing effect only on the landing gear and parts of the runway when on the ground. It goes away as soon as the airplane lifts off, so I'm wondering if anyone found a fix for that particular issue.

Same feedback. After one week with my dev PC and its 3060, + surprisingly setting nvidia Control Panel to Max fps at 60, it runs very smooth (except one or two big stutters that I think not related to the Frame Generation mod). I also have these artefact only on ground on my C172 struts and dashboard side, and would love to fix it 😉

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

1 hour ago, ndts said:

After some messing with settings (turns out the lens correction setting in MSFS causes some issues), I got this working smoothly, but I'm getting a weird tearing effect only on the landing gear and parts of the runway when on the ground. It goes away as soon as the airplane lifts off, so I'm wondering if anyone found a fix for that particular issue.

I'm loving this mod but it does have some weird things associated with it. Like ghosting and flickering.

That said, I have found a way to minimize the effect.

I have a three monitor setup and if I move the mouse pointer to a monitor other than the one the sim is on and click on an open app or even anywhere on the windows desktop the ghosting becomes almost imperceptible. 

Click back on the sim and the ghosting comes back. I have no idea what would cause this and I'm wondering if those with RTX40 series cards are seeing the same thing.

Ill probably wait for a 4070 before trying FG.  Some seem to be liking it however.

Its one of those things that if you need it you need it bad.

sp

17 hours ago, Noell said:

I have something similar going on and questioned it in a post a couple pages back. 

My main monitor is a 34 inch running at 3440X1440/60Hz. I have two additional 1920 X 1080 monitors - one on each side of the main. 

I get a solid 60 FPS (Vsync on in NVP and OFF in the sim) but I notice an FPS drop to 40ish when I open another app over the sim or on a second monitor but only when the mouse pointer is positioned on any open app. Move the mouse pointer from the open app back to the sim and the FPS instantly jumps back to 60. I tried various combinations of apps and sim running windows versus full-screen but that made no difference. Its more of an interesting, puzzling effect for me as when this happens the sim remains smooth and stutter free. 

EDIT: Just fixed it! I had mouse focus set to automatic in the Win11 settings. I turned that off and now I can go to any other open app on any monitor with no FPS drop. As I write this I have a browser open on top of the sim on the main monitor, Little Nav Map on the right monitor and SPAD.next on the left monitor. I can click on any a open app without affecting the 60FPS in the sim. Why a mouse setting would affect FPS in the sim with FG I have no idea.

Now, if someone could come up with a fix for the ghosting/flickering when panning the outside view.............. 

I need to try this also but can't find where that settings is regarding the mouse focus??

56 minutes ago, Swede80 said:

I need to try this also but can't find where that settings is regarding the mouse focus??

I'm interested in this setting too. I tried searching for mouse focus settings but couldn't find anything.

Has anyone had frame generation working with LukeFZ FSR3 mod and GTX card?
FG was added to the menu with FSR2FSR3_210+PotatoIsBack.
However, even if I select FCR2orTAA+FG with a GTX card, the frame rate does not change.
Also, FS2020 crashes when DLSS is selected.

Yesterday I wanted to fly from lfbo to eddp with the inibuilds a300. After a short time I started to have some kind of flickering. When moving the head the picture moved like it is trembling. Turned of FG and changed to TAA and it was gone. Didn’t had that happen before. Only new thing was the LFBO airport.