Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

On 1/27/2024 at 12:52 PM, Ctl1990 said:

Is anyone experiencing a RAM leak with this mod? I did a flight GCTS EGBB and the RAM usage went from around 7 to 17 whilst airborne. No traffic or other mod. 

Hello. I live in France so sorry for my english spoken.

I use this Frame Generation mod since the beginning and except for some little gliches, it works fine and gives me really pleasure to fly with more FPS with this mod.

But until a few days, i was flying with short flights (less than 1 hour). Since i make flights longer than 1 hour, I have memory leaks too. Typically, after 1 hour, the memory usage of MSFS goes up and up to 26 Gb usage and freeze...

My specs : R5700x cpu + RTX 3700 + 32 Gb Ram.

MSFS : No multi, No live traffi. Only Live weather

Flight plan : KLGA to CYYT with a TBM plane

So i decided to do the same flight again and again with the same plane with each time avoid something (mod and other) to see when the issue is no more present.

MSFS DX12 FGMod 0.90 Universal : Issue of memory leak and freeze of the game after 1 hour

MSFS DX 12 FG Mod 0.90 first version (ie dll files where you have to merge .reg for nvidia drivers) : Memory leak and crash after 1 hour

MSFS DX12 FG mod 0.81 (earlier version maybe works ?) : Memory leak and crash after 1 hour

MSFS DX12 No Frame Generation (i deleted and restored .reg for Nvidia drivers) : All is Ok now and memory usage stays at 15-16 Gb usage.

The strange thing for me is that with flights under 1 hour long time are ok (stable 15-16 Gb usage) but after 1 hour the memory raise and raise until 25-26 Gb and the crash...

And when it crashs, I'm under the ocean all over me (not a heavy scene like big town)

Bye

So according to me, sommething strange a

9 hours ago, Patriceapi said:

Hello. I live in France so sorry for my english spoken.

I use this Frame Generation mod since the beginning and except for some little gliches, it works fine and gives me really pleasure to fly with more FPS with this mod.

But until a few days, i was flying with short flights (less than 1 hour). Since i make flights longer than 1 hour, I have memory leaks too. Typically, after 1 hour, the memory usage of MSFS goes up and up to 26 Gb usage and freeze...

My specs : R5700x cpu + RTX 3700 + 32 Gb Ram.

MSFS : No multi, No live traffi. Only Live weather

Flight plan : KLGA to CYYT with a TBM plane

So i decided to do the same flight again and again with the same plane with each time avoid something (mod and other) to see when the issue is no more present.

MSFS DX12 FGMod 0.90 Universal : Issue of memory leak and freeze of the game after 1 hour

MSFS DX 12 FG Mod 0.90 first version (ie dll files where you have to merge .reg for nvidia drivers) : Memory leak and crash after 1 hour

MSFS DX12 FG mod 0.81 (earlier version maybe works ?) : Memory leak and crash after 1 hour

MSFS DX12 No Frame Generation (i deleted and restored .reg for Nvidia drivers) : All is Ok now and memory usage stays at 15-16 Gb usage.

The strange thing for me is that with flights under 1 hour long time are ok (stable 15-16 Gb usage) but after 1 hour the memory raise and raise until 25-26 Gb and the crash...

And when it crashs, I'm under the ocean all over me (not a heavy scene like big town)

Bye

So according to me, sommething strange a

Use Nvidia Control Panel to limit your frame rate to your monitor refresh rate. That is what solved the problem for me. 

10 hours ago, Patriceapi said:

until a few days, i was flying with short flights (less than 1 hour). Since i make flights longer than 1 hour, I have memory leaks too. Typically, after 1 hour, the memory usage of MSFS goes up and up to 26 Gb usage and freeze...

Interesting (and worrying), I wonder if anyone also experiences this

46 minutes ago, mryan75 said:

Use Nvidia Control Panel to limit your frame rate to your monitor refresh rate. That is what solved the problem for me. 

My monitor refresh rate is 144Hz, that means locking fps at 144, cmiiw?

Edited by History

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

Is it possible not to see any noticeable difference in FPS? Reading here how this mod works miracles, 60 FPS, smooth etc.. makes me very confused. I can't see any noticeable difference at all. At the airport where I have, for example 50 FPS without a mod, I have pretty much the same FPS with the mod. If I raise the settings the FPS drops the same in both instances. I did put the files in the right location (Xbox, content folder, where the proper exe is located). The only difference is that I switch from DX11 to DX12.

I would expect at least some improvement in FPS, based on all I read here.

i9-10900K @ 5GHz, RTX 2080Ti, 4k monitor.

38 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Is it possible not to see any noticeable difference in FPS? Reading here how this mod works miracles, 60 FPS, smooth etc.. makes me very confused. I can't see any noticeable difference at all. At the airport where I have, for example 50 FPS without a mod, I have pretty much the same FPS with the mod. If I raise the settings the FPS drops the same in both instances. I did put the files in the right location (Xbox, content folder, where the proper exe is located). The only difference is that I switch from DX11 to DX12.

I would expect at least some improvement in FPS, based on all I read here.

i9-10900K @ 5GHz, RTX 2080Ti, 4k monitor.

Just curious, you didn't observe through the dev mod, did you?

36 minutes ago, History said:

Just curious, you didn't observe through the dev mod, did you?

Yes, I did. 

I also use TrackIR (moving the viewpoint and panning around all the time) and there is no difference in "smoothness" when using the mod.

Either the mod is not active for some reason, or you are limiting the framerate to such a low value that it's the same with or without the mod.

If you open the ATC window and pan the view, does the floating window flicker?

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

4 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Either the mod is not active for some reason, or you are limiting the framerate to such a low value that it's the same with or without the mod.

If you open the ATC window and pan the view, does the floating window flicker?

I don't limite the frames at all. I have 60Hz monitor so the frames are limited by vsync.

I will try the flicker thing.

16 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Yes, I did. 

I also use TrackIR (moving the viewpoint and panning around all the time) and there is no difference in "smoothness" when using the mod.

Try using RivaTuner or MSI Afterburner, and use its respective FPS counter. You'll see the difference. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Patriceapi said:

......, after 1 hour, the memory usage of MSFS goes up and up to 26 Gb usage and freeze...

Hi

Please, check if the freezings happen if you ocasionally do something that involves at least a little change on the screen, like turning your head, switching something on and off, changing the view from cockpit to outside....anything...

My guess is that it will stop the freezings. If so, than you are in the same situation I am. And that points to the same cause.Because that was not happening before i tried the mod. But I don't complain: I have I7 9700 , 2060 Super (8GBVRAM) and 32GB RAM and with EVERYTHING maxed, I am never below 50FPS, normally around 80. OK, I fly GA, not tubes. Anyway........

Edited by Bartul

9 hours ago, History said:

My monitor refresh rate is 144Hz, that means locking fps at 144, cmiiw?

Yep. And sometimes with higher refresh rates like yours you have to limit it at something like 120, but try 144 first. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bartul said:

Hi

Please, check if the freezings happen if you ocasionally do something that involves at least a little change on the screen, like turning your head, switching something on and off, changing the view from cockpit to outside....anything...

My guess is that it will stop the freezings. If so, than you are in the same situation I am. And that points to the same cause.Because that was not happening before i tried the mod. But I don't complain: I have I7 9700 , 2060 Super (8GBVRAM) and 32GB RAM and with EVERYTHING maxed, I am never below 50FPS, normally around 80. OK, I fly GA, not tubes. Anyway........

Hello.

No, for me , it happens in many ways. First time it freezed, i did a long flight with AP and i was doing other jobs in my house. When i came back after 1 hour on my computer i saw game freezed without touching anything. i saw it because i'm monitoring my ressources with msi afterburner and the pourcentage of different values change a little each second, and at the moment % of cpu or GC was tick à the same value. And Memory usage was stick at 26 GB. Of course, moving the mouse cursor to move the view of cockpit confirmed that it was well freezed.

At the others flight, i decided to stay behind the screen to see how it happens. And at the moment (and for the below flight), i saw all normal values (cpu usage is 25% and GC 50% ) excepted for the memory usage witch suddenly raised and raised from 15 GB to 26 Gb (it takes maybe 15 minutes with 50Mb by 50Mb). And when it reackes 25-26 GB then freezed the game. Closing the MSFS at the moment with CTRL+ALT+DEL close the game but all others applications (Firfox, etc...) running in Windows at the same time are fine : it's not all the computer freeze, only MSFS

42 minutes ago, Patriceapi said:

Hello.

No, for me , it happens in many ways. First time it freezed, i did a long flight with AP and i was doing other jobs in my house. When i came back after 1 hour on my computer i saw game freezed without touching anything. i saw it because i'm monitoring my ressources with msi afterburner and the pourcentage of different values change a little each second, and at the moment % of cpu or GC was tick à the same value. And Memory usage was stick at 26 GB. Of course, moving the mouse cursor to move the view of cockpit confirmed that it was well freezed.

At the others flight, i decided to stay behind the screen to see how it happens. And at the moment (and for the below flight), i saw all normal values (cpu usage is 25% and GC 50% ) excepted for the memory usage witch suddenly raised and raised from 15 GB to 26 Gb (it takes maybe 15 minutes with 50Mb by 50Mb). And when it reackes 25-26 GB then freezed the game. Closing the MSFS at the moment with CTRL+ALT+DEL close the game but all others applications (Firfox, etc...) running in Windows at the same time are fine : it's not all the computer freeze, only MSFS

If you’re not limiting framerates or limiting them with VSync only, that’s probably going to be your issue. I had the exact same thing happen to me on a few flights, same timing and everything, until I set a hard maximum frame rate in NVCP. Also keep in mind that you can use something external like Riva tuner (which I’ve never used and can’t comment on), but that causes other problems for some people. And a lightbulb just went off - another thing that can cause these crashes is using an external program like Riva tuner of MSI Afterburner to check framerates. I wouldn’t run any of those external framerate counters either. 

Edited by mryan75

On 1/28/2024 at 5:01 AM, Sonosusto said:

OK. Verdict. Anyone successfully install this with their 2080ti and does it work for msfs?

I've got a thirteen year old i7 3930k and an rtx270 pushing a 32" screen at 144hz.

Works beautifully for me in conjunction with the LoD mod. Getting 42 - 50 on the ground,  over 60 in the air. I use TrackIR, I don't see any tearing or artifacts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

I've got a thirteen year old i7 3930k and an rtx270 pushing a 32" screen at 144hz.

Works beautifully for me in conjunction with the LoD mod. Getting 42 - 50 on the ground,  over 60 in the air. I use TrackIR, I don't see any tearing or artifacts.

That is awesome to see and hear. The 414 is in my top 5 list!

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---