Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

In MSFS, head tracking always seems to be just way smoother in general than panning with a mouse. I get a bit of stutters when panning, especially when panning fast. So I'm kind of getting used to panning more slowly and deliberately. Also, using Flow Pro, I've made a little shortcut to the settings toggle for FG. This way I can turn it on very quickly when I need it (when departing and landing at busy airports on VATSIM) and turn it off in cruise, thus avoiding the slight stutters when FPS are good enough anyways. 

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

2080ti works with about 500+gb of scenery/mods/traffic.

Between this and that LOD mod its a game changer.

Still crazy artifacts in menus or Hud but so far its amazing.

I am using TAA or dlss (with fg on obviously) and not seeing a significant difference. Then again my set up is old and I'm also kind of dumb.

But my 2080ti and 8086k have new life! Hopefully more improvements will help

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

10 hours ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

In MSFS, head tracking always seems to be just way smoother in general than panning with a mouse. I get a bit of stutters when panning, especially when panning fast. So I'm kind of getting used to panning more slowly and deliberately. Also, using Flow Pro, I've made a little shortcut to the settings toggle for FG. This way I can turn it on very quickly when I need it (when departing and landing at busy airports on VATSIM) and turn it off in cruise, thus avoiding the slight stutters when FPS are good enough anyways. 

Im using headtrack and it is always jittering when erratic panning. I cap the FPS to 35, 30 does justice to my smoothness liking, and the other 5 is to compensate that panning jitters

Edited by History

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

18 minutes ago, History said:

Im using headtrack and it is always jittering when erratic panning. I cap the FPS to 35, 30 does justice to my smoothness liking, and the other 5 is to compensate that panning jitters

35 is not smooth, 60 is. But to get that you should upgrade your GPU...

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

35 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

By smooth means no stutters, most simmers can achieve 60 easily with today's standard, even 70s in my setup, but not all of them are free from stutters. 30 fps does it for most simmers, afaik, it's nearly consensus for veteran and serious simmers.

It's really a trade (a simple logic), one wants to set everything to ultra, in order t achieve that, one may cap 30 fps for a steady performance.

Edited by History
  • Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

7 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

I have a smooth 30. Its not as smooth as a smooth 60 but it works for me with having 500+gb of scenery, planes, utilities mods, atc programs and traffic all around. Not bad for my limited hardware. Includes head tracking as well.With the LOD and FG mods its even better now. Then again, I have a Gysnc monitor as well so that also helps. Now flying is smoother, performance is better and my 30 fps is just fine for now.

I like the trade off of what I already have/own. The sim performs really well with no CTD's and stutters and it looks amazing. Smooth 30 fps is a lot better to see on my eyes than 60fps that stutters on approach.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Just an FYI, don't know if anyone else noticed (or if there's a fix I'm unaware of) but I downloaded the latest driver (551.23) and the option to enable FG is now gone in the options, even with DX12 activated.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

58 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

Just an FYI, don't know if anyone else noticed (or if there's a fix I'm unaware of) but I downloaded the latest driver (551.23) and the option to enable FG is now gone in the options, even with DX12 activated.

No, I'm on the exact same driver and have the option. Maybe restart, or update the FG mod.

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

1 minute ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

No, I'm on the exact same driver and have the option. Maybe restart, or update the FG mod.

Cheers for the confirm. I'll check again later. Is there a link to the latest FG version close to hand by any chance?

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

I appreciate it, PT!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/738?tab=files

There you go! Use the "dlssg-to-fsr3-0.90 (Universal)" file.

Quick question! Which folder do I use now as I have 5 different ones. I don't think I will be using the plugin unless you can tell me where to locate the DLL folder for MSFS! Thx in advance!

5 hours ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/738?tab=files

There you go! Use the "dlssg-to-fsr3-0.90 (Universal)" file.

oh i didn't realize I was supposed to be using that file..... I just used the top file....

anyone else done similar?

9 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

oh i didn't realize I was supposed to be using that file..... I just used the top file....

anyone else done similar?

Been using the first file too since the beginning... 

It seems that the only difference is that "Universal DLLs allow you to skip registry key tweaks and bypass GPU architecture checks for most games."

• Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

maybe a quick stupid question , but do i need this malarky when i have a 4090 ?

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +