Sign in to follow this  
jkeye

P3D v 6.1 is now available

I'm flying the 28. Maybe it's different or a developer decision?

Posted (edited)

Just checked the series 20 manual and the warning should always come on below 70% N1. So the sim is correct.

That said, on a jet engine 70% RPM (N1) equals ~30% thrust and not 70% power.

Edited by Bob Scott
//admin edit--removed advertising link

On 1/3/2024 at 10:27 AM, newtie said:

outdated and all.

It's not that P3D is outdated is that 3rd party developers have NOT updated. 

LM have no say in what 3rd party elect to do or not do.  V6.1 is very much "updated" but still has a few issues that need to be sorted (weird visibility layer and dawn/dusk still needs work).  PBR render engine isn't work very well with non-PBR materials and the bloom is just off.

MSFS is fine but has issues also, but it just doesn't seem to capture the A to B experience I get from P3D.  All aircraft in MSFS I can just jump in and fly and land well with ZERO understanding of the aircraft, weather, and it's systems.  Land late and hit the brakes and I still stop.  15 knot tail wind and still land perfectly on the numbers, it's just not difficult to fly any aircraft in MSFS.

In P3D I have the MJC Dash 8 ... gotta be on your A game.  Also have FSLabs A3xx series, I need to understand the systems.  A2A, I need to hit the numbers right or I'm gonna experience failures and damage ... all of this is missing in MSFS.  Some guy on YouTube does regular MSFS flights of heavies into airports that can't possibly support a heavy but he successfully lands and stops.

• Like 4

Count me on the P3D v6 users expecting developer new products (specially aircraft other than liners).

I am VERY angry with ORBX : in July the said they will not abandon v6 users, but so far only Orbx Central is updated showing an empty list of products !!!

Gérard

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CO2Neutral said:

MSFS is fine but has issues also, but it just doesn't seem to capture the A to B experience I get from P3D.  All aircraft in MSFS I can just jump in and fly and land well with ZERO understanding of the aircraft, weather, and it's systems.  Land late and hit the brakes and I still stop.  15 knot tail wind and still land perfectly on the numbers, it's just not difficult to fly any aircraft in MSFS.

You've put into words why I tried MSFS, twice, and returned to P3D. I had a brief conversation with a developer I beta'd for. I explained  I didn't like it because I felt it was fake; along the lines of your comment.

I've mentioned in a thread a while back that there will be a small segment of flight simmers who are going to get tired of 'as real as it gets' and find their way back to P3d for various reasons. Many you have mentioned. That segment also represents a small, niche, market share. Who knows, maybe we'll be surprised by some developers in the not to distant future.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I feel the same thing in MSFS (OK, that was in the launch/release days...): felt fake. Too "plastic", too pristine, too... preety. And the flight sensation was I don't know... too easy. Fake!

And then there was the fact that I had EVERYTHING in Prepar3D and didn't have the patience to start all over again, even knowing that at the time it didn't have as many addons as it does today (and it still lacks a lot).

PS: oh boy. This thread will be closed...

Edited by Juliett Alfa Romeo
  • Upvote 2

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

4 hours ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

PS: oh boy. This thread will be closed

I don’t see why.

What's the verdict on P3D 6.1 + AS weather? I think that's one of the selling points for using P3D V6.

34 minutes ago, level7 said:

What's the verdict on P3D 6.1 + AS weather? I think that's one of the selling points for using P3D V6.

I think it is the "perfect combination" regarding P3d and weather...

Consistency, excellent modeling of weather and it's effects, and so on and so forth... 

It's Active Sky after all !

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!