Sign in to follow this  
spinoza

Carenado business jets

speaking of bjets, longitude finally got ❤️it deserves as one of the best default aircraft ever released:

completely reworked night lighting for night owls

https://flightsim.to/file/52209/asobo-aircraft-dimmable-vc-flood-light-mod-3-pack

asobo-aircraft-dimmable-vc-flood-light-m

• Like 3

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

On 12/22/2023 at 8:00 PM, Bdub22 said:

In the meantime, waiting on those birds that were mentioned above, you could always use the Longitude. It's one of the best business jets, ever. The payware Honda Jet is really good also. 

The Hjet (Hondajet) is incrediby modeled, and the Hondajet is unto itself an incredible aircraft.  HIghly sophisticated simplicity.  To understand that, you need to fly it for perhaps 100 hours just to learn it and understand it.  It provides a great deal of pre-programmed capability.  How well can you manage????

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Perhaps we need Eaglesoft to raise from the dead and make us some Bizjets. 😄

Their Citation X was legendary and my own favourite from their back catalogue was the old Premier.

I also don't have much faith in Cockspur.  Their recent C162 Skycatcher is dreadful.  Absolutely no functions whatsoever on the Garmins.  The little Aeroprakt is sub-default aircraft level.  The Mustang is so-so.  Pretty good flight dynamics but just feels flat and unimmersive. 

• Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

14 minutes ago, JYW said:

I wish, but they will release something for MSFS 2020 once MSFS 2028 is out...

• Like 2

In terms of biz jets, MSFS 2020 has been a real disappointment. 

Sure, you have all these VLBJ - puddlejumpers, but really only one long-range biz jet: the default Longitude. Sure, the avionics are great, but rest: no doors, no cabin....

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

In terms of biz jets, MSFS 2020 has been a real disappointment. 

Sure, you have all these VLBJ - puddlejumpers, but really only one long-range biz jet: the default Longitude. Sure, the avionics are great, but rest: no doors, no cabin....

My thoughts exactly. Would have been close to perfect but no doors, no cabin, no HUD... 

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

8 hours ago, JYW said:

8 hours ago, JYW said:

I also don't have much faith in Cockspur

Ummm yea I’d take Cockspur visuals any day over anything Eaglesoft..even for the prior FSX/P3D platforms their products were anything but visually appealing.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

8 hours ago, JYW said:

Never going to happen, they're apparently still developing for p3d. Allegedly their XLS is in beta for 64 bit p3d, that probably means 2+ years away.

If they're still using Mindstar data I doubt they'd get many takers anyway!..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Who ever will do the Citation XLS I hope they do a better job than Carenado did and for my taste I prefer the XLS over the XLS+

Edited by adino

4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I find it hard to believe that someone is going to take on the avionics systems in the PC 24, and deliver a "study level" addon. 

Iris were meant to be doing a PC24, but nothing seems to be happening with it at the moment....

G

14 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Ummm yea I’d take Cockspur visuals any day over anything Eaglesoft..even for the prior FSX/P3D platforms their products were anything but visually appealing.

They flew nice though.  And decent systems.  The VNAV in their Citation X for FS9 was one of the first true custom VNAV codes.

A few steps up the ladder from Cockspur, whose G300 panels in their C162 is... unclickable 😶

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

6 minutes ago, JYW said:

They flew nice though.  And decent systems.  The VNAV in their Citation X for FS9 was one of the first true custom VNAV codes.

A few steps up the ladder from Cockspur, whose G300 panels in their C162 is... unclickable 😶

Agree with that, their systems in that aircraft were first rate, textures were not great though. That said unless they make your eyes bleed I'd take systems over textures.

Cockspur still have a way to go IMHO, but at least they are live & kicking and seem to be slowly improving. ES are at best comatose...

G

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

Iris were meant to be doing a PC24, but nothing seems to be happening with it at the moment....

G

One can only hope 83knts for a jet is wild.  I scene something associated with the pc-24 and 83knts if that is stall speed dirty at max tow that is lets just say wwwhhhaaaaat.

• Like 1