Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

FSLTL has become a bit of a mess

1 hour ago, mobeans10 said:

I would imagine aiground and aiflow should help mitigate these issues ?

Doesn't help much. You can tweak some parameters to adjust things somewhat.

It all boils down to the horrible native AI code from MS/Asobo. All FSLTL does is inject the aircraft, then the default AI traffic handling takes over.

BeyondATC promises to fix all this as far as I've understood, and from the videos I've seen it looks very promising.

Edited by neumanix
  • Like 2

That's why I use PSXT. It has it's faults, but they are nothing compared to any of the other options we have available. Real separation, and the correct runways in use with no go arounds unless the flight was pulled up in real life.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

That's why I use PSXT. It has it's faults, but they are nothing compared to any of the other options we have available. Real separation, and the correct runways in use with no go arounds unless the flight was pulled up in real life.

so as the traffic is really turned on off in the sim, PSXT’s traffic doesn’t really talk to the MSFS ATC? Like when you go fly, you can see the traffic but the ATC only communicates with your aircraft and the rest just moves around the airport in silence?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 hours ago, Drumcode said:

so as the traffic is really turned on off in the sim, PSXT’s traffic doesn’t really talk to the MSFS ATC? Like when you go fly, you can see the traffic but the ATC only communicates with your aircraft and the rest just moves around the airport in silence?

Use LiveATC and it's much more accurate. The ATC in MSFS and I'm sure with even the upcoming BeyondATC wouldn't be able to keep up to how it's being really being done. You make your own holes for departure and arrival, AI is for the eye candy.

LiveATC is too robotic, plus the monthly cost us a huge turn off. 
they don’t use the default ATC

PSXT is just for eye candy 

Edited by Tuskin38

7 hours ago, scotchegg said:

How do you do that?

You can just avoid starting FSLTL injector and use MSFS live traffic. You will have the default live traffic with FSLTL liveries (and some white liveries, however even with FSLTL injector and the right parameter to avoid that, you get white liveries lately...)

The liveries are in the fsltl-traffic-base folder in your community folder and they are always used, even when the injector is not running.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Is anyone having an issue where FSLTL is calling some airlines but not others.  I keep hearing Boeing 220 do this, Delta 562 do this Airbus 3312 do this, Embraer, 123 do that. American 1328... okay... strange.  I'm really noticing it in Japan and Korea.  Not sure what is going on.  Saw an Asiana 772 and the sim and ATC said Boeing Hotel-Lima 6721 heavy cleared for take off.  Like it's not reading the right line.  I went into the FSLTL sim objects folder and the all of the aircraft.cfgs look correct. 

Airplanes lining up but not taking off is likely a problem with the sceneey, like a missing holding point. 

FSLTL only injects/removes traffic (based on your citerias) and once injected traffic is handled by MSFS traffic engine.

4 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Use LiveATC and it's much more accurate. The ATC in MSFS and I'm sure with even the upcoming BeyondATC wouldn't be able to keep up to how it's being really being done. You make your own holes for departure and arrival, AI is for the eye candy.

How are you using LiveATC Dave? Is there a way to automate it (i.e. tune to the frequency Pilot2ATC or MSFS ATC is one)? Or do you just have some random stuff running as background noise?

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

13 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

I only use FSLTL for traffic, but recently I've had the following issues:
- traffic lining up on the runway, cleared for takeoff, then taxi off the runway (on taxiways), taxi through all the other aircraft waiting for departure (including mine), taxi back on to the runway and takeoff (this happened at EGLL and OMDB).
- traffic going literally mad at high capacity airports. For example at EGLL, looking up and aircraft are literally flying all over the place, buzzing terminals, flying really low over the ground etc
- traffic coming in to land and then instead of touching down, hovering above the runway at about 100ft at what I would consider to be taxi speed
- aircraft landing in all random directions, despite the winds being very clear what runway should be in use
- traffic taxiing at really high speeds off runways, going through buildings etc.
- traffic not being able to land at EGLL iniBuilds on a return leg

I don't think this is really an FSLTL problem but an MSFS problem because i've seen most of these FU's also without FSLTL running.
Being such an immersion killer i completely stopped flying from and to bigger airports until it's addressed. Maybe MSFS 2024?

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

8 hours ago, KL Oo said:

How are you using LiveATC Dave?

I don't use it myself, but I have seen a few videos where its used and the pilot flying uses the instructions to the correct flight number that he is operating as. 

At no point are any of the items listed in the original post controlled by FSLTL.  Please read their FAQ.  You are complaining about the base sim and/or modified airports poor ground pathing.

• Like 3

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Theres a problem with inibulds egll 09l  still aint fixed where the ai will taxi to runway but will join using taxi way A12 they will then go onto the grass turn around and take off, its been reported months ago but still aint fixed

• Like 1