Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

GSX Pro gets push-pull functionality and more

Version 2.8.9 – December 24th, 2023

• GSX (all versions) New: Adding support for Pull during Pushback (Reverse Pushback).
  • GSX (all versions) New: Adding "Return to Gate" option at the end of Pushback.
  • GSX Pro New: PMDG 737 Integration, added External Power connection when operating Jetways.
  • GSX Pro Fix: Jetway connection correctly detected when restarting the Couatl engine when a Jetway is already connected.
  • GSX Pro Fix: Several timing tweaks added to prevent editing markers being left on ground after exit any editor.
  • GSX (all versions) Fix: Interrupt Pushback before the Tug connects.
  • GSX Pro Fix: Fixed FSDT KEYW install detection.
  • GSX (all versions) NEW:Added the following Handling operators: Lodz Airport (Poland), Frankfurt Hahn (Germany), ThaiAir Asia (Thailand), Maman Cargo (Israel), London City Airport (UK), JetCenters of Colorado (USA).
  • FSDT KORD V2 NEW: Default GSX Profile for MSFS updated with many Push-Pull procedures.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, ianb2469 said:

I’d love to be able to pushback in the PMDG 737 without all the wheel/undercarriage noise! 

- Disable the "Pushback Raise" option in the Airplane profile.

OR

- Set the parking preferences to use a Towbar tug.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, virtuali said:

OR

The towbar is exactly what I wanted and I'm upset with myself for never noticing that option (or reading the manual). Thank you Umberto, have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

FSDT are one of the best developers for adding new features, updates and functionality to existing product lines.

There are some add-ons I have that were purchased in 2021 which released 3/4 completed and are yet to have any updates.

Edited by DModjo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Outstanding work @virtuali - Keeps getting better and better!

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

13 hours ago, virtuali said:

OR

Great work and Christmas present Umberto going to update Flytampa Amsterdam 😇

André

19 minutes ago, knich said:

I never get the option to select pushback handler...

There's no such thing as a Pushback-specific handler. The Pushback handler will be the same as the Handler for the airport, which by default (when there's no airport profile dictating the Handling Operator) is assigned using the GSX scoring system.

If, on any given airport, the default scoring system has assigned only one operator to that combination of airport/gate, you won't get a selection menu, since it would be silly to show a menu with only one choice so, it will just show the one operator allowed there.

The same if there's an airport profile that also assigned only one specific operator to that gate. In this case, the GSX default scoring system would be bypassed but, if the operator is still just one, no operator menu will be shown.

Basically, the menu will come out in all cases where there are at least 2 possible operators available.

Edited by virtuali

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

There's no such thing as a Pushback-specific handler. The Pushback handler will be the same as the Handler for the airport, which by default (when there's no airport profile dictating the Handling Operator) is assigned using the GSX scoring system.

If, on any given airport, the default scoring system has assigned only one operator to that combination of airport/gate, you won't get a selection menu, since it would be silly to show a menu with only one choice so, it will just show the one operator allowed there.

The same if there's an airport profile that also assigned only one specific operator to that gate. In this case, the GSX default scoring system would be bypassed but, if the operator is still just one, no operator menu will be shown.

Basically, the menu will come out in all cases where there are at least 2 possible operators available.

Thanks for the explanation.  So if I wanted Southwest as the default handler at KSAN (right now it is American), can I do that manually? 

4 minutes ago, knich said:

Thanks for the explanation.  So if I wanted Southwest as the default handler at KSAN (right now it is American), can I do that manually? 

Yes, through the parking customization page, you can set up any operator (from the 500+ available ones) at any airport, and multiple choices are possible, so you'll see a menu with the choices you selected.

You don't have to do it for each gate individually, you can select some gates, a whole terminal or even the whole airport, to apply changes to multiple parking spots at once. This will be saved in an airport profile, which is an .INI file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\MSFS folder.

This is what profile creators do: customize an airport in many ways and share their profiles.

Edited by virtuali