Sign in to follow this  
mikegrr

compare and contrast the Learjet and the Hondajet

5 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

Not in terms of pilots required, or runway requirements though HondaJet wins both of those.

Oh and serious (fatal) accident rate, the HondaJet win's that one easy.

G

Way too early for that. Honda jet has had a massive amount of runway excursions. 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Posted (edited)

I often use the clamshell spoilers for the entire landing.

Also the HJET fills my GA needs better.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

47 minutes ago, eslader said:

That would be what a rate statistic does.

The accident rate of a vehicle is expressed in accidents per unit of distance or less frequently time. If airplane A has a total flight time of 100 hours across all production examples, and ten crashes, that's a rate of 1 crash every 10 hours.  If airplane B has 1,000 hours and 100 crashes, that's still a 1 crash per 10 hour rate. 

Naah ! What about means, variance, sample size, confidence intervals? lol 

Lear 35a is real beast TT800 degrees  gives ~ 4000fpm. Good luck HJet lol

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

7 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Way too early for that. Honda jet has had a massive amount of runway excursions. 

Yes and two airframes destroyed as the result ! The only thing HJet is lucky so far is zero fatalities up to date .Unfortunately I don’t think this record will hold 😞

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Naah ! What about means, variance, sample size, confidence intervals? lol 

rate statistics account for sample size. That's like, their whole reason for existence. 

The rest of those words are related to statistics, but not to this discussion.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Wrong plane LOL Flightsimware has Learjet 35A LOL

Nope. Right Lear for comparision to Hjet.  The MSFS Lear is a different class and was just countering that earlier unfair comparison.  Want to compare?  Then only fair to compare comparables.  Exactly my point.  Was like comparing the Vision Jet to the Hondajet.  Just not the same class.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Nope. Right Lear for comparision to Hjet.  The MSFS Lear is a different class and just countering that comparison, so only fair to compare comparables.

It's only fair when it works in your favor? LOL There are also several Hjet  Elite II, Echelon all have different range. We are talking here only two jets that is in MSFS

22 minutes ago, eslader said:

rate statistics account for sample size. That's like, their whole reason for existence. 

The rest of those words are related to statistics, but not to this discussion.

There is statistic and there is "Mickey Mouse" math that people use thinking it's statistic  LOL

Ok. Lets move on.  How about a comparison of the Diamond DA62 and the King Air 350.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

Ok. Lets move on.  How about a comparison of the Diamond DA62 and the King Air 350.

You're not wrong, but OP wanted a comparison of two planes available in the sim. They're not in the same category of jet, but they are both airplanes and can therefore be compared on that basis. 

• Like 1