Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

A380 FSX port for MSFS is available now.

Posted (edited)

Interesting

Not tried yet. More info on 

https://flightsim.to/file/66705/fsx-port-a380-800

READ DESCRIPTION ANSWERS

DOES NOT WORK WITH SOME MS STORE VERS, working on a fix..

Hello! This took a long time to convert it for microsoft flight simulator. It took me hours and days of work so please enjoy!

-The cockpit is the one of an A320NEO (default)

-1 Livery included but more can be found in my Livery Pack that should be included in the files

-Simbrief profile: https://dispatch.simbrief.com/airframes/share/765955_1696442303076 Might not work properly, but it's better than the built in A388 in Simbrief

LANDING SPEEDS - 160kts

flaps have to be keybinded or else they won't fully extend

UPDATES TO COME: 
  • Better textures
  • Cleanup
KNOWN PROBLEMS:
  • Only engine 1 and 2 aniamtions work
  • Does not emit Light
INSTALATION:

https://youtu.be/DWJrH3mWx2w

I will try to reply to comments

For filing bug reports either DM me on flightsim.to or join my discord server and file a report

Also keep in mind that this is just a little side-project.

This was made by me and if you want to help me out fix issues and stay up to date feel free to join my Virtual Airline: https://www.allnipponairwaysvirtual.site/

A MASSIVE thank you to the original port by CanadianMods

FSX and MSFS © Microsoft Corporation. Project Airbus A380 was created under Microsoft's "Game Content Usage Rules" using assets from Flight Simulator X and Microsoft Flight Simulator, and it is not endorsed by or affiliated with Microsoft. https://www.xbox.com/en-us/developers/rules

Edited by rutrA

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 64GB RAM 6000MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

Where is the cockpit.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

7 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

Where is the cockpit.

Hiding in the default A 320, as it says.
At least the author is honest in listing the shortcomings, so there is no need to start an Avsim forum
special diatribe.

hard pass

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

A380 with the default A320 cockpit reminds me of the FS9/FSX days of flying a 757 model with the default 777 cockpit. How times have changed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Posted (edited)

Not for me, but there will be lots of flight simmers who will enjoy a simplified version.

Two things I take away from this:

1. After all this time and at least one other freeware version in FSX derivative platforms, we're finally going to get not one, but two complex A380s for us to fly. So exciting!

2. As a whole, how far devs have come with sound packs and the animation of flight surfaces that react to the air around them.

https://youtu.be/yB0ilSrz3kc?feature=shared&t=542

Edited by F737MAX

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 minutes ago, threegreen said:

A380 with the default A320 cockpit reminds me of the FS9/FSX days of flying a 757 model with the default 777 cockpit. How times have changed.

Slightly worse, as I assume, that you're missing some engines...

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I bet CaptainSim feels he missed an opportunity here...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well that's basically the same thing as the Headwind A330. Also just an outside model that uses the A320 cockpit.

Who needs something like this? I fly INSIDE the cockpit, I would even fly an aircraft compeltely without an outside visual model if I had to, as long as the cockpit looks like the real deal and the systems work as the real deal.

But the other way round, with the correct outside model but the incorrect cockpit and systems modelling is just pointless beyond belief.

Edited by Farlis

Does the author have the permission of those from Project Airbus to release this?

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

11 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Who needs something like this?

You're forgetting, there's an awful lot of people who fly like this:

spacer.png

Despite the incorrect cockpit, the Headwind A330 is rather popular too.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

17 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Well that's basically the same thing as the Headwind A330.

No not at all. The headwind has an "adjusted cockpit" (a couple of things changed from the FBW A320 to make it look more like an A330) and they are working on a custom cockpit. Also - most important - they use the FBW systems, adjusted to the A330. So the Headwind can actually fly VNAV and all that stuff, while this A380 is really just a hull.

1 minute ago, F737MAX said:

You're forgetting, there's an awful lot of people who fly like this:

spacer.png

Despite the incorrect cockpit, the Headwind A330 is rather popular too.

Good that I'm not in charge of MSFS. If "No Pilot left behind" means this, then I oppose it. 😄