Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

World Hub: Closed Alpha Sign-Up Now Open

Good news for default airfield flyers!

They'll see more detail, have more up-to-date layouts & signage, and maybe, just maybe, have PAPI lights positioned in the correct locations when the World Hub goes live for the masses.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

On the one hand, a good step, on the other, another alpha?! They really don’t seem in much of a hurry to get this out.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

4 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

On the one hand, a good step, on the other, another alpha?! They really don’t seem in much of a hurry to get this out.

Good chance it will be limited to FS2024.

I thought this is in the top of the wish list. One might expect plenty of interest in testing.

• Like 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Can't wait to participate! I'm very curious about the capabilities of this large scale public targeted product. Just wonder how it will fit with my ambitious to enhanced default airports more than just removing some trees, fix taxiway names and signs... and so on. 

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 4

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Dunno if it's possible with this hub, but a way to start Cold & Dark on small airports with no parking would be great, or simply all those airports without parking to get parking spots!

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Will be interesting to see how this all develops. Will it be like Wikipedia with loads of different people editing the same airports and potentially great edits being replaced by ones we don’t really like? As a user will we just decide which edits we want in the sim? 

2 hours ago, g-liner said:

Will be interesting to see how this all develops. Will it be like Wikipedia with loads of different people editing the same airports and potentially great edits being replaced by ones we don’t really like? As a user will we just decide which edits we want in the sim? 

Asobo/Microsoft may have changed their minds, but they mentioned it's going to be moderate by them.

• Like 1

Vincent B.

5 hours ago, g-liner said:

If it works like Wikipedia, there is a layer of moderators made up of volunteers, before actual Wikipedia staff get involved.  Usually, the moderators that are volunteers, have a very good reputation, and are able to resolve most issues, before a Wikipedia staff has to get involved.

I'm not sure how this World Hub is setup, but it would be wise of the MSFS team to use a team of volunteers with a good reputation as moderators.  They are already using volunteers as moderators in the official MSFS forum and it works quite well.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

11 hours ago, scotchegg said:

They really don’t seem in much of a hurry to get this out.

And if they released it right away with a ton of bugs we'd be saying they were insane to release it without proper testing. This is new territory for them so I understand why they'd want to try to be careful.

• Like 7

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

29 minutes ago, Krakin said:

And if they released it right away with a ton of bugs we'd be saying they were insane to release it without proper testing. This is new territory for them so I understand why they'd want to try to be careful.

As far as I remember, we've heard of this tool more than one year ago. It was demonstrated and the first Cancelled-Closed-Alpha launched in November 2022.  I guess the tool mostly suffered from legal issue and certainly a lack of manpower to set the overall software, process and logistic features in the backstage. So, bugs seems to be far away 😉

9 hours ago, MarcG said:

Dunno if it's possible with this hub, but a way to start Cold & Dark on small airports with no parking would be great, or simply all those airports without parking to get parking spots!

You remember this video from a one-shot only SDK Q/A session (happened only once as far as I remember in Nov 2022). For those who don't remember (at 36min35s) there screen shot can make us quite optimistic on starter position 😉 But it's pure assumption. And you know assumptions are the-mother-of-all-$£!#$&

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 2

Vincent B.

2 hours ago, vbazillio said:

As far as I remember, we've heard of this tool more than one year ago.

That does not mean much. In game development (and especially PC game development) you never truly know how something you build is going to behave until it gets out to the masses. That is why alphas, betas and so on are crucial.

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Does anybody know whether it'll be possible to add an ILS to an airport that doesn't have one ?

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Signed up! So we’ll see how it goes. 

• Like 1

Eddie
KABQ